Any Brehs Tryna Get Into I.T., Today is Your Chance

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
What is the actual graded assignment this week? I need to see some reviews of this program.

Week 2 is for Hardware. Deadline is Feb 4th. Looks like all the deadlines are for each Sunday.

This is the first time for the program I believe, so no reviews yet.

It is definitely for beginners though. Teaches Binary first, then hardware, Operating systems (windows/linux), Networking, software , and Troubleshooting.

It is kinda self paced, but each week has a deadline for the graded assignments. You can go to each one and do all the graded assignments.

Some are peer-reviewed it looks like so we'll see how that goes.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Week 2 is for Hardware. Deadline is Feb 4th. Looks like all the deadlines are for each Sunday.

This is the first time for the program I believe, so no reviews yet.

It is definitely for beginners though. Teaches Binary first, then hardware, Operating systems (windows/linux), Networking, software , and Troubleshooting.

It is kinda self paced, but each week has a deadline for the graded assignments. You can go to each one and do all the graded assignments.

Some are peer-reviewed it looks like so we'll see how that goes.
I mean what is the actual assignment for last week or/and this week though? I wanna know how hard it is.

If it's like the lab book assignments in my A+ night classes I'm taking right now, it'll be easy as shyt for anybody who was already Tech/computer/internet-saavy.

Last edited:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
This shyt really take 8-12 months to learn this shyt? For $49 a month? Wtf?

What kind of jobs can you get with this?

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
I mean what is the actual assignment for last week or/and this week though? I wanna know how hard it is.

If it's like the lab assignments in my A+ night classes I'm taking right now, it'll be easy as shyt for anybody who was already Tech/computer/internet-saavy.
It's not too hard so far u just have to pay attention. they give lil pop up questions during the videos to make sure your paying attention. I haven't taken any real classes outside of some self taught coding last year and I already finished the first 2 weeks and got A's on both weeks. Did the first week in 2 sittings and just did the 2nd week (4.5 hours) in about 2 hours just now in 1 sitting. I know its gonna get harder than this but I don't have any real knowledge or experience in this and I'm kinda feeling like if I pay attention I can do this. good luck breh! :salute: to OP for puttin us on

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

If it's like the lab book assignments in my A+ night classes I'm taking right now, it'll be easy as shyt for anybody who was already Tech/computer/internet-saavy.

Last week was a test on Binary, it was pretty easy.

They give you a table and allow you to fix your mistakes to pass.

This week you can check on the site and click Week 2 to see. I don't open them until I'm ready to take it, so all I know its on Hardware.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
This shyt really take 8-12 months to learn this shyt? For $49 a month? Wtf?

What kind of jobs can you get with this?

Entry level help desk
Desktop technician
Etc

How is this different from A+ ?

Go look up the courses this cert includes. This new Google IT cert is basically the equivalent of the combination of the A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL foundation, some Linux+, & some MTA certs PLUS learning how to script all in 1 cert. This cert is basically the equivalent of getting an IT AAS degree or undergraduate cert from a community college/JUCO.

EDIT:

This Goolge cert shouldn't be compared straight-up up with professional IT cert. It should be compared with a 2 or 3-semester IT undergraduate certificate from a community college or JUCO.

Last edited:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Go look up the courses this cert includes. This new Google IT cert is basically the equivalent of the combination of the A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL foundation, some Linux+, & some MTA certs PLUS learning how to script in all 1 cert. This cert is basically the equivalent of getting an IT AAS degree or undergraduate cert from a community college/JUCO.
Interesting

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Go look up the courses this cert includes. This new Google IT cert is basically the equivalent of the combination of the A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL foundation, some Linux+, & some MTA certs PLUS learning how to script in all 1 cert. This cert is basically the equivalent of getting an IT AAS degree or undergraduate cert from a community college/JUCO.
In guessing it's too late to sign up

Balla

Superstar
Daps
So you can really get a job with this? How would you put it in a resume ? And can I complete this successfully if I'm bad at math?

I'll get it if I can get a better laying job with it, I was just gonna get my A+.