Any Brehs Tryna Get Into I.T., Today is Your Chance

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Is the information easy to retain if we just read it and already have the answers ?

How would you post the answers? Inna pdf?
You have access to the course material for 1 year, I proposed sharing answers so that everyone could complete the course as soon as possible (to have on their resume or whatever reason) and then you could actually cover reading the material at your own pace without worrying about deadlines for the assignments. Some of the courses are harder than others, I wouldnt say its easier to retain if you have the answers but it may just give you a little more familiarity.

We got a few chats going in PM for people to ask questions, get help, etc. It's probably better to keep all the info in this thread because half the people that got invited don't really seem to be active in the course.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Am I supposed to pm you, or is this thread gonna be private or something?

You have access to the course material for 1 year, I proposed sharing answers so that everyone could complete the course as soon as possible (to have on their resume or whatever reason) and then you could actually cover reading the material at your own pace without worrying about deadlines for the assignments. Some of the courses are harder than others, I wouldnt say its easier to retain if you have the answers but it may just give you a little more familiarity.

We got a few chats going in PM for people to ask questions, get help, etc. It's probably better to keep all the info in this thread because half the people that got invited don't really seem to be active in the course.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
last day to register for the new certification program GOOGLE launched, called Coursera.

can do a 7 day trial. one of the courses begins Today.
can start at any level, beginner with no background, to System Admin work ,SCCM, etc. I believe its only $49 a month.

Google IT Support Professional Certificate | Coursera
Through a dynamic mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hand-on labs and widgets, this program will introduce you to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, automation, and security.
Good stuff. I don't need it but I will pass it along

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
I'm in the states. How would you recommend taking notes for this? I never really took notes growing up, I don't like taking notes because I don't know what I have to remember, and id feel like it have to take notes on all of it.

This is the first time I ever self studied so I'm hoping I can just use my memory because I don't like taking notes.[/QUOTE

for this course u dont need to take notes, literally everything is practical. no need for notes

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Lol took me a while to find the response. Yeah I hope I can just go through this and remember everything.

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
I deff will bruh. Thanks! Btw you know what kind of jobs I can get with this that pay pretty decent ?
if you can get an entry help desk you can make legit 40k+ as an entry job which is pretty good in terms of beginner. If you get at least 1-2 years , you can move up higher and make roughly 60-70k+. Sky's the limit with IT , technology is always improving.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My networking knowledge is such trash. I keep getting 70/80 on the Routing Paths and Subnets part.

No wonder I'm still working help desk.

:francis:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Wait what ? What's all these bs helpdesk jobs I hear about paying 12-15 an hour? I thought that was helpdesk.

I'm not complaining, but I'm confused about that.

if you can get an entry help desk you can make legit 40k+ as an entry job which is pretty good in terms of beginner. If you get at least 1-2 years , you can move up higher and make roughly 60-70k+. Sky's the limit with IT , technology is always improving.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Got a starting salary of about $70k.

I went at it for about a 2-3 years, but really took off when I took it seriously for about 1-1.5 years day and night. A lot of udemy, but really the most you'll learn is by actually building something. Start building something, when you run into something google questions like "How do I do <what you're trying to do> in <insert language>?" That will get you a portfolio of projects which is your ticket to getting a job. Best way to build projects imo is by thinking of something you want to work on, maybe something that'll help make your life easier or that you'd be very cool to build.

I'd suggest starting with HTML, CSS then some Javascript (enough to know how to change some CSS classes), then pick up something like React. You can use udemy for that "initial" learning phase to get an intro to it. If you want to get into apps, then learning Swift may be all you need.
How would you test a swift based app you made when you have an Android