Any Brehs Tryna Get Into I.T., Today is Your Chance

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Will save this for later, I.T irritating the fukk out me these days, It's hard for a brother to specialize in a section these days,

they want mafukkaz doing DBA,Desktop Support, server Admin, Printer tech , software support all in one title :francis:

Thanks man

Right, this is why I will tell someone not to rush in tech unless they love it. Companies are sponsoring these free courses for a reason. They need an influx of cheaper IT workers/programmers, so they'll take the hit on giving information out for free if they can demand all of these outrageous amounts of skills for increasingly lower wages.

You can make a lot of money in the field, but you better be dedicated to go super hard.

Last edited:

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the future of computer science

I think Machine Learning is a more Software/Programming leaning topic not IT/Networking.
Honestly I think i'm going to check this out regardless because it could be important in the future and it doesn't hurt since its for a subscription for coursera

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
I finished the second course last week. Moms has to have surgery so I had to take a week off to help her recover. I'm back on course 3 Monday tho. ✊
thats good dude, I'm gonna try and finish the course and get the cert before april ends so I don't have to get charged for the May Monthly subscription price.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do y'all know how I can sign up for the financial aid assistance? Not seeing it.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
How do you pick a side to go into? Do y'all just apply for IT positions at Eaton or other large companies or go into tech firms? If I want to do consulting

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
last day to register for the new certification program GOOGLE launched, called Coursera.

can do a 7 day trial. one of the courses begins Today.
can start at any level, beginner with no background, to System Admin work ,SCCM, etc. I believe its only $49 a month.

Google IT Support Professional Certificate | Coursera
Through a dynamic mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hand-on labs and widgets, this program will introduce you to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, automation, and security.

Man I have one "quick lab" left to do and i'm done with the whole cert :whew:
.....but the damn thing ain't working(doesn't Talley your score once you've finished) and I'm locked out from too many attempts :sadbron:

Hopefully I'l be done with the entire cert by the end of the day :francis::lupe: Thanks again for the tip bruh bruh :salute:

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
I finished the cert for this in October but due to family stuff I'm just now getting the time to start applying and interviewing for jobs. Any brehs have tips for applying( what job search services or best companies to start applying to) and interviews(What to wear, What to bring and What parts I should try to refresh my brain on)? Every job I've ever had somebody looked out and I just basically had to pass a drug test. Ya boy is startin fresh and I'm excited. Thanks to OP for puttin a breh on to this, I really enjoyed it.

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I finished the cert for this in October but due to family stuff I'm just now getting the time to start applying and interviewing for jobs. Any brehs have tips for applying( what job search services or best companies to start applying to) and interviews(What to wear, What to bring and What parts I should try to refresh my brain on)? Every job I've ever had somebody looked out and I just basically had to pass a drug test. Ya boy is startin fresh and I'm excited. Thanks to OP for puttin a breh on to this, I really enjoyed it.
DICE for IT jobs
Indeed is ok
Tech support/help desk positions
Look for IT contracting companies
Lie and embellish your resume to look more “techy”
Bring ya resume in a portfolio
nikka dress like you going out to eat on sunday after church:pachaha:

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
Man I have one "quick lab" left to do and i'm done with the whole cert :whew:
.....but the damn thing ain't working(doesn't Talley your score once you've finished) and I'm locked out from too many attempts :sadbron:

Hopefully I'l be done with the entire cert by the end of the day :francis::lupe: Thanks again for the tip bruh bruh :salute:
While you're doing the lab on each step make sure u click it (the lil box at the top right that has all the points u need to get.) It'll check that u did it and refresh to reflect the completion. Also screenshot and hit the forums. Try to let the admin know it's not counting your progress. The last course for me was "Defense against digital dark arts" and the last thing I had to do was a peer graded assignment that I had to write out stuff. Either you're not on the last part or they changed it up. Anyways well wishes to u breh

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
DICE for IT jobs
Indeed is ok
Tech support/help desk positions
Look for IT contracting companies
Lie and embellish your resume to look more “techy”
Bring ya resume in a portfolio
nikka dress like you going out to eat on sunday after church:pachaha:
I live in miami and dont go to church it be too hot for all that breh I wear shorts and tees every day:blessed:. I have a button up and some khaki slacks somewhere tho I'll dust em off n send em to the cleaners:heh:

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I live in miami and dont go to church it be too hot for all that breh I wear shorts and tees every day:blessed:. I have a button up and some khaki slacks somewhere tho I'll dust em off n send em to the cleaners:heh:

Son just goto jcrew and cop some business casual clothes

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
While you're doing the lab on each step make sure u click it (the lil box at the top right that has all the points u need to get.) It'll check that u did it and refresh to reflect the completion. Also screenshot and hit the forums. Try to let the admin know it's not counting your progress. The last course for me was "Defense against digital dark arts" and the last thing I had to do was a peer graded assignment that I had to write out stuff. Either you're not on the last part or they changed it up. Anyways well wishes to u breh

Shid, I here ya bruh. I did all that earlier. At this point I'm just waiting on quicklabs to get coursera to update my grade.

Email from quicklabs....
Thanks for reaching out to us!

We currently have an issue related to our scoring module: scores of steps are not getting updated. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We are hoping for a fix shortly and we will surely inform you once it gets back to normal.

If you have already completed your lab by following all the steps in compliance with the Coursera's Honor Code, please connect back to us confirming this. We will ask Coursera team to update your score.

We appreciate your patience and co-operation.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Those two lil request above...
  • Update vc
  • Fix permissions
...got ya boy in limbo :francis:

SIDENOTE:
They separated the 6th course "automation" out of the main cert. It's still there but on it's own.