Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
nikkas need a Coli Study Group
:lupe:
where you at in this thing right now? I finished all the readings for Course 2 I just have to go back and do the quizzes/assignments for each week. If it's enough of us in here we should spread it out, someone start course 4 and get the answers, someone start course 5 and get the answers, etc., that way everybody can do their reading independently but have a network for the answers. I've got Course 1 done if anyone needs it

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Signed up.

From a breh that went from homeless to software engineer all through self-teaching on sites like udemy and other online courses that changed my life, this will be worth it.

Probably going to study some of this at work. I could use some more IT skills and become more complete as a developer.

twhatever

we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun
Daps
Signed up.

From a breh that went from homeless to software engineer all through self-teaching on sites like udemy and other online courses that changed my life, this will be worth it.

Probably going to study some of this at work. I could use some more IT skills and become more complete as a developer.
How much did you earn entry level as a software engineer after self teaching?
And how long did you self teach?

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How much did you earn entry level as a software engineer after self teaching?
And how long did you self teach?

Got a starting salary of about $70k.

I went at it for about a 2-3 years, but really took off when I took it seriously for about 1-1.5 years day and night. A lot of udemy, but really the most you'll learn is by actually building something. Start building something, when you run into something google questions like "How do I do <what you're trying to do> in <insert language>?" That will get you a portfolio of projects which is your ticket to getting a job. Best way to build projects imo is by thinking of something you want to work on, maybe something that'll help make your life easier or that you'd be very cool to build.

I'd suggest starting with HTML, CSS then some Javascript (enough to know how to change some CSS classes), then pick up something like React. You can use udemy for that "initial" learning phase to get an intro to it. If you want to get into apps, then learning Swift may be all you need.

Last edited:

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
Just finished course 1, the 2nd course looks easier and Ill try to finish all 5 courses by 2-3 weeks with my spare time if I can dedicate at least 8 hours per day.