Any Brehs Tryna Get Into I.T., Today is Your Chance

twhatever

we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun
Daps
Just finished course 1, the 2nd course looks easier and Ill try to finish all 5 courses by 2-3 weeks with my spare time if I can dedicate at least 8 hours per day.
How long did it take you to complete course 1? and how many hours a day did you commit?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Do you think this will really take 8-12 months to complete?

Just finished course 1, the 2nd course looks easier and Ill try to finish all 5 courses by 2-3 weeks with my spare time if I can dedicate at least 8 hours per day.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
How did you get money while you were learning this.

This is a great story here, it shows that you can make it without college.

Got a starting salary of about $70k.

I went at it for about a 2-3 years, but really took off when I took it seriously for about 1-1.5 years day and night. A lot of udemy, but really the most you'll learn is by actually building something. Start building something, when you run into something google questions like "How do I do <what you're trying to do> in <insert language>?" That will get you a portfolio of projects which is your ticket to getting a job. Best way to build projects imo is by thinking of something you want to work on, maybe something that'll help make your life easier or that you'd be very cool to build.

I'd suggest starting with HTML, CSS then some Javascript (enough to know how to change some CSS classes), then pick up something like React. You can use udemy for that "initial" learning phase to get an intro to it. If you want to get into apps, then learning Swift may be all you need.

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
Do you think this will really take 8-12 months to complete?
nah because it legit took me 1.5 months to finish the first course and i was being super lazy with it but i was also taking accounting courses at my school and working. If you dedicate at least 8 hours, you can finish it really fast. Its worth it 100% in general tbh regardless if you're in IT or not.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Yeah imma do it along with my A+. I wanna do A+ as well because I heard it's faster to get.

How fast you think I could finish it ? I only basic computer shyt. But 8-12 months sound hella long, but when I look at the courses it doesn't seem like it would take that long.

nah because it legit took me 1.5 months to finish the first course and i was being super lazy with it but i was also taking accounting courses at my school and working. If you dedicate at least 8 hours, you can finish it really fast. Its worth it 100% in general tbh regardless if you're in IT or not.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
What u mean lazy ? How many hours were you doing it?

I wanna finish this shyt fast af!

1.5 month but that was because i was being lazy with it. if u dedicate 8 hours a day, you can finish it really fast im talking 1 month max.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I got some coding Udemy courses...

I'm currently doing a bunch of different random ones but ghis got me inspired

I'm doing a logic Pro X and pretty much all i been doing past few days. Gonna do coding next then CCNA then Sec + probably.

Get my Sec + again and do the coding/CCNA over again

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Is the information easy to retain if we just read it and already have the answers ?

How would you post the answers? Inna pdf?

where you at in this thing right now? I finished all the readings for Course 2 I just have to go back and do the quizzes/assignments for each week. If it's enough of us in here we should spread it out, someone start course 4 and get the answers, someone start course 5 and get the answers, etc., that way everybody can do their reading independently but have a network for the answers. I've got Course 1 done if anyone needs it

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
What u mean lazy ? How many hours were you doing it?

I wanna finish this shyt fast af!

like only spent 2 hours a week tbh , you can 100% finish this if you dedicate at least 7-8 hours. Try it out for yourself and see how it goes. It depends on the person too, I knew a good portion of what was discussed. One thing I dont recommend is skipping the videos. IT may be tempting to skip and just head on to the quiz but its just so much better to watch the videos in its entirety.

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
Yeah imma do it along with my A+. I wanna do A+ as well because I heard it's faster to get.

How fast you think I could finish it ? I only basic computer shyt. But 8-12 months sound hella long, but when I look at the courses it doesn't seem like it would take that long.
is A+ still in great demand , any IT person wanna chime in? I know its important to learn the basics of HTML, SQL , Javascript and some other stuff.

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
Is the information easy to retain if we just read it and already have the answers ?

How would you post the answers? Inna pdf?
yes everything you learn is practical. also The 13 most valuable IT certifications today. This list can help for you if you want some good certs. I know PMP is important. Where are you located, im in toronto, Canada .

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I'm in the states. How would you recommend taking notes for this? I never really took notes growing up, I don't like taking notes because I don't know what I have to remember, and id feel like it have to take notes on all of it.

This is the first time I ever self studied so I'm hoping I can just use my memory because I don't like taking notes.

yes everything you learn is practical. also The 13 most valuable IT certifications today. This list can help for you if you want some good certs. I know PMP is important. Where are you located, im in toronto, Canada .

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I hear it's not then I hear it is. I have no idea.

is A+ still in great demand , any IT person wanna chime in? I know its important to learn the basics of HTML, SQL , Javascript and some other stuff.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Signed up.

From a breh that went from homeless to software engineer all through self-teaching on sites like udemy and other online courses that changed my life, this will be worth it.

Probably going to study some of this at work. I could use some more IT skills and become more complete as a developer.
I always wondered if Udemy was worth it. Its nice to know it actually helps.