Any brehs doing intermittent fasting?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Just develop a mindset to eat only for nourishment. You're not as hungry as you think you are.
Breh this the realist shyt I ever quote. :wow:

I start my eating window from 11:00am 7:00pm

During the first month I would always start at 11, eat during that entire time until 7 but honestly start feel hungry again by 9:patrice:

Now that I'm used to it I rarely eat thru the whole window and my eating isn't out of hunger.

I damn near forget to eat sometimes.

I was at my house at 3pm the other day saying
"Yo I haven't even eaten anything all day today :dwillhuh:"

Knowing damn well that in my unhealthy days I'd destroy a McDonald's dollar menu then turn around and be hungry a few hours later.

I just don't have that feeling of "hunger" like I used to.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Question for you experts. Has anyone ever lost weight by fasting and not being active?
Idk about not being active but I can say this:

1. I'm not an expert:mjlol:

2. I don't workout nowhere near as much as I used to and I'm still losing weight.

I used to work out 5 days a week consistently and never saw the results I wanted.

I didn't see results until my diet was what I began focusing on.
I workout maybe twice a week now.

What's your occupation? I have a job that's pretty physical so even when I don't workout I'm active.
But that's where it stops because when I get home I ain't doing shyt :ehh:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Idk about not being active but I can say this:

1. I'm not an expert:mjlol:

2. I don't workout nowhere near as much as I used to and I'm still losing weight.

I used to work out 5 days a week consistently and never saw the results I wanted.

I didn't see results until my diet was what I began focusing on.
I workout maybe twice a week now.

What's your occupation? I have a job that's pretty physical so even when I don't workout I'm active.
But that's where it stops because when I get home I ain't doing shyt :ehh:
Well my homegirl is trying to lose weight and it seems like she just eats less.or before a certain time. She doesn't work so not like she has a physical job other than dealing with two toddlers but most the time she's sitting down anyways. She's trying to lose weight to get some surgery done which I guess she says she needs. She has lost some weight so far but I wasn't sure if that trend would continue for her unless some exercise was incorporated. I told her she should do laps around her building and just add one every week. It's not a huge building even. But something to get her active. I just feel that physical activity helps with the fasting cuz it stimulates the muscles.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Well my homegirl is trying to lose weight and it seems like she just eats less.or before a certain time. She doesn't work so not like she has a physical job other than dealing with two toddlers but most the time she's sitting down anyways. She's trying to lose weight to get some surgery done which I guess she says she needs. She has lost some weight so far but I wasn't sure if that trend would continue for her unless some exercise was incorporated. I told her she should do laps around her building and just add one every week. It's not a huge building even. But something to get her active. I just feel that physical activity helps with the fasting cuz it stimulates the muscles.
Again I ain't no expert but to keep it simple I'd say that working out burns calories and stimulates muscles like you said.

So yea I'd tell her to be more active but she don't even have to go extra hard with it.

The idea you had about doing laps is perfect.

Tell her to add something simple like that to her daily routine and she will start noticing the changes.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Question for you experts. Has anyone ever lost weight by fasting and not being active?

This has been me for like the last month. I lost 5 lbs quickly which might have been water weight but since then i wasn't losing shyt. and i've been pretty close to my calorie deficit of 1700 a day. I think my calculations may be off or something cause myfitnesspal been talking about "in 5 weeks" for.....5 weeks and shyt still the same over here.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been doing OMAD for the last month and a half and i went on a 3 day water fast. I feel great no cap. I usually eat at 6pm or around 530 depending on when my wife wants to have dinner.

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
I'm not morbidly obese, I get up at 4 am drink black coffee, workout, drink lots of water, cold shower, go to work, don't eat until 2 pm, that's when i eat a salad, my next meal is at 6 pm, which is a vegetarian sandwich. I lost so much in my midsection and gut. Been doing this for 2 weeks now, and i been vegetarian for 2 months, never felt greater. The fasting thing was awful at first, but got better as time went on, sometimes i don't eat my salad, only chew on nuts when i get hungry.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I eat in a 8 hour window...but not because of a diet.

I have more energy during the day (I dont get sleepy) if I dont really eat during the day.

I snack after 12pm (nuts, fruit, yogurt, etc...), and then have a main meal at night.

Dont expect some major body transformation because youre doing intermittent fasting....
...most of these diets people talk about are just hype.

Use common sense with eating and you'll be fine.