Antebellum (Starring Janelle Monáe) 2020 Movie

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So me & my girl watched a preview before we ordered it. Based on the preview, I thought JM was going to be time traveling back & forth to free the slaves.

it felt a little rushed near the middle & end. I wanted to see the authorities in the end actually interrogate & arrest the cacs & “free” the black people.

low key I felt like this movie was giving us instructions to revolt against the current administration

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So somebody tried to out Shamalyan his 2nd worst movie?
i liked the village

but yes basically it sounds like they just assumed nobody saw the village before and maybe they could spice it up a bit with some overly graphic black abuse

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
who was gay in the movie? i didnt get any lgbt shyt

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Knew I forgot to mention something...

Gabby Sidibe did a good ass job in this film because I fukkin hate her character :francis:

hate females like that. She nailed the loud, obnoxious friend.

Also they should have shown what happened with her and the white guy from the bar. I assumed he was buying her drinks to kidnap her but they never showed what became of that interaction :francis:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the writers wrote this shyt based off a fukking DREAM he had and of course one is white:stopitslime:

Lol, I'm not saying the movie is anyway comparable but James Cameron wrote the Terminator after having a nightmare about a robot with knives