Antebellum (Starring Janelle Monáe) 2020 Movie

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Did anyone else notice that the white people in this movie enslaved, beat/abused, raped, tortured the black people but they never called them the n-word?
They called them inferior, mongrels, boy, etc. but I guess saying the n-word was a step too far for them because I don't recall any of the white people saying it.

It seemed like the writer/director made a conscious decision to not have the slave masters say it.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
Did anyone else notice that the white people in this movie enslaved, beat/abused, raped, tortured the black people but they never called them the n-word?
They called them inferior, mongrels, boy, etc. but I guess saying the n-word was a step too far for them because I don't recall any of the white people saying it.

It seemed like the writer/director made a conscious decision to not have the slave masters say it.
I don't give them credit for shyt
Bruh Louisiana ain't that far off the grid for this shyt to take place

Oh we can rape and kill but the n word is off limits:skip:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't give them credit for shyt
Bruh Louisiana ain't that far off the grid for this shyt to take place

Oh we can rape and kill but the n word is off limits:skip:
I wasn't giving them credit...I think it was stupid. That was the line the dudes who made this didn't want to have their evil white people cross? Shooting a defenseless black woman in the face was cool though. shyt was ridiculous.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I did notice it and it felt stupid as fukk. That actually made me check afterwards if the writer/director duo was white or not (one of them is).

But in such a deeply flawed and awful film this was also the least of its problems.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
After hearing about black ppl getting beat and branded for 30-40 mins. I’m good.

Get PTSD brehs