Another wave of layoffs at playstation

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Im a sony stan sure, but I cannot fathom how either side can argue over stupid shyt like layoffs :dead:

Layoffs gonna happen at most companies/industries. Its not something you can use to one up each other because today some sony company will have them and a nexf year it will be a ms one. Its a stupid thing to debate over because receipts are easily pulled
I don't think anybody here is celebrating. I'm always up to talk the business side of things. The layoffs at Sony are a byproduct of multiple things.

1. Microsoft started to truly invest in gaming. Investing means acquiring. They swung big with Bethesda and Activision literally landed in their lap, albeit at a crazy cost but all of that is Microsoft's till the end of time.
  2. The walled garden isn't enough anymore. Sony has always used a lot of water to keep that grass looking green. Earning a billion dollars in revenue is great but it isn't that great when your expenses are $999,999,999 in the same time frame. I feel pretty confident in saying that over half of Playstation console owners don't buy Sony made games. Remember that Spiderman has sold 35 million to a playerbase of 120 million. That's with heavy discounts. Sony isn't discounting like that on the PS5. While Microsoft was forced into multiple platforms for games because they couldn't win the traditional console race, that appears to be the correct approach for everyone for the future, save for Nintendo because 80% of their revenue comes from their first party games. It isn't so much that Sony has been and is very reliant on third party games, the largest third party developer on their console now by a wide margin is Microsoft, a company that is a direct competitor. Playstation is the main business segment of Sony. Xbox is not the main business segment of Microsoft. Microsoft has no problem making previously multiplatform games exclusive so with dwindling third party revenues, coupled with their own rising expenses, what we see is what you get.
I've been saying the battle of attrition for years now. Where I got it wrong was that I thought it was going to be a slow burn to that point. Sony execs need to do some soul searching and figure out what they are going to look like in as a business a few years before the industry decides for them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Im a sony stan sure, but I cannot fathom how either side can argue over stupid shyt like layoffs :dead:

Layoffs gonna happen at most companies/industries. Its not something you can use to one up each other because today some sony company will have them and a nexf year it will be a ms one. Its a stupid thing to debate over because receipts are easily pulled
Nobody debating and stanning but you weirdos.

Most people are just talking about the industry and how stuff like this happens. Sony isn’t the first, or last to have these problems.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
This is the true downside to working on GAAS projects. Yes, Destiny is one of the most successful GAAS games but I can bet you employee sentiment is pretty low around working on that game.

It has been long running 10 years is a long ass time to be working on the same ass shyt. No matter how much has change with the game. As an employee you can get burnt the fukk out working on a long running project. I myself got burnt out after a year on my project/product and all we did was make money for the company. shyt was fun at first but it gets old quick reinventing over and over. It is a mental tax.

I can bet there are a good deal of Bungie who just want Destiny to be over so they can began a new.

I can’t imagine having to interface with a$$holes in the company and having to gather feedback from the a$$hole ass player as well.

Enough to drive you to drink. :cheers:

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Are we witnessing the beginning of the end of the games as a service era?
But then you have stuff like Nikke made by Shift Up (working on ps5 exclusive Stellar Blade) who’ve increased the value of their company 8 times thanks to a gatcha/live service game.

The problem is everyone wants a AAA live service like gta online where as the chances of Sony making a gaas that is better revenue to profit compared to gatcha fate grand order is fukk all.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
The game is like a half decade old. What kinda revenue is still expected at this point? People still play that shyt?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I said buying Bungie was a bad decision for Sony. Bungie is trash. Destiny is ass. All these nikkas made was Halo and Destiny which is all the same shyt.

Shut the studio down and place the talent amongst other Sony Studios.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The game is just too fukking confusing.

I enjoy the mechanics but I have no idea what the fukk is going on…ever. Thus I can’t get that invested in it.

Bought one expansion pack earlier this year…won’t be buying another one.

Bring on Marathon and a new IP.

It's like ya'll never learn. Them shyts will be trash too.:skip: