Another wave of layoffs at playstation

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This adds to the belief that Bungie was down bad before the acquisition. These half assed expansion/seasons and absurd amount of MTX finally bit them in the ass. They were spending money on Marathon that they really didn't have.

Well, hope they can pull it together. Sony had to know they were taking a chance on them so I wonder if they had the "cuts" written in the contract in case they got news like this.
Speculation that they inflated the projections to get the bag from sony then reality hit. Missing by 45% is kinda egregious.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@Gizmo_Duck what I was telling you other day

Been telling these dudes this. it costs LOTS of money to run the business like sony does. Moneyhats cost a lot for little benefit. Those big single player games aren’t bringing in the profit they need to. Costs rising, they are losing exclusives and revenue to other platforms. They gotta find some answers real soon.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Been telling these dudes this. it costs LOTS of money to run the business like sony does. Moneyhats cost a lot for little benefit. Those big single player games aren’t bringing in the profit they need to. Costs rising, they are losing exclusives and revenue to other platforms. They gotta find some answers real soon.
As opposed to Microsoft who basically just burns money and hides it by shuffling Xbox into irrelevant divisions like Surface and not releasing any actual sales numbers?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I didn’t buy the last expansion. Just didn’t see the type of changes I’d wanted and the grind started to get old again.

It’s a shame because I don’t feel like there a destiny 3 in the pipeline

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Real talk, what are these money hats that Sony paid for. Outside of square Enix games I can’t think of too many that would/have moved the needle.

Issue seems to be the GAAS pivot and AAA games which is a problem across the board

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Various inquiries were made by the ones involved in the interview, but one stood out: his comment on the recent Microsoft acquisition of Activision Blizzard.

“When you look at the $69 billion for Activision compared to $3.6 billion for Bungie, we believe that Bungie can give us way more than a $69 billion acquisition of Activision,” Ryan said. “And that’s before considering the relative value of that particular transaction.”

:sas1:

That man got the same treatment as Bonnie Ross. The retirement was a nice way to ship him off after realizing the GAAS push was an error.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Real talk, what are these money hats that Sony paid for. Outside of square Enix games I can’t think of too many that would/have moved the needle.

Issue seems to be the GAAS pivot and AAA games which is a problem across the board
Sony went into this generation, thinking Microsoft was going to operate like they typically have. They were trying to get Microsoft out of the paint. They tried to lock up starfield, remember? From advertising, the final fantasy 7 remake saga, etc. With these purchases, Microsoft has done the biggest of rug pulls. They are with the shyts from this point on.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sony went into this generation, thinking Microsoft was going to operate like they typically have. They were trying to get Microsoft out of the paint. They tried to lock up starfield, remember? From advertising, the final fantasy 7 remake saga, etc. With these purchases, Microsoft has done the biggest of rug pulls. They are with the shyts from this point on.
Sony was doing what they always do. M$ was getting themselves out the paint until Gamepass/acquisitions.

I'll admit the Activision purchase threw a wrench into things, but to say Sony buying exclusive 3rd party rights did them in when you cannot name any AAA 3rd party exclusives that moved the needle (outside of Square Enix Games) is dishonest.