Angel Reese declares for WNBA draft

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
The only reason for her to come back was going to be for the money, but she can make it up with endorsements.

She’s not the most athletic, but she can rebound and pass the hell out of the ball. And she’s a winner. It’s not like she was dominating smaller women in college. She was dominating women her size and taller.

She has to work on her jump shot but she will be a solid player.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Bless and wish her luck, you have to be on your A game as soon as you step foot in the League. The WNBA cutting first round picks before the season starts, she got to add something to her game.
that's my biggest worry. add in jealousy of the vets and you have a potential recipe for disaster.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
That's the thing some ppl may be missing. I dont watch WNBA, but watch Gil's Arena. Lexi Brown, a current WNBA player broke shyt done on how the WNBA works and basically said teams dont really develop players. She said a bunch of the coaches are stuck in old ass playstyles/schemes. She also said Angel wouldnt be able to make it in the WNBA and should stay another year to get her skills up, and this was a month or two ago.

Here's a minute long vid from yesterday on why she should stay. I cant find the vid of Lexi talking about the WNBA, was a while ago.

These WNBA franchises will be forced to change their approach and cater to young players because they are now the draws and cash cows. No one was showing up to watch those bull daggers manhandle each other during those prime Brittney Griner years.

They better realize the object of the league is to make money and not bully young players out the league.

Daps
"Brehs" on here talking bout Angel fukking Reese like she's Bronny James averaging 3 PPG off the bench. :dead: :unimpressed: She is going be a no brainer lottery pick and will ball out. Some absolutely mind numbing takes I've been seeing on here ever since that LSU loss, wild flagrant shyt on a supposed "black" website... :mjpls:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
"Brehs" on here talking bout Angel fukking Reese like she's Bronny James averaging 3 PPG off the bench. :dead: :unimpressed: She is going be a no brainer lottery pick and will ball out. Some absolutely mind numbing takes I've been seeing on here ever since that LSU loss, wild flagrant shyt on a supposed "black" website... :mjpls:
The WNBA lottery is only 4 teams breh.
I've seen one mock that has her going higher than 7 and their rationale is that she's used to wearing purple and LA loves its stars.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
These WNBA franchises will be forced to change their approach and cater to young players because they are now the draws and cash cows. No one was showing up to watch those bull daggers manhandle each other during those prime Brittney Griner years.

They better realize the object of the league is to make money and not bully young players out the league.
This was one of the main points in this vid gil and the others were making. Gil straight up said get these dinosaurs out the league. IIRC Lexi agreed that the league caters too much to the older women. Gil said the foreign players can come into the WNBA at 17-19 with no following, while the US born girls have to waih 2-3 years to get in the league, when they have the following. This is also the convo I think Lexi made the comment that said the coaches are too old school as well.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

:mjlol:

Dawg the WNBA makes ZERO money

The league loses money every single year

:laff:

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If she gets better in the WNBA, it won't be cuz the team develops her. That's not how WNBA teams operate. They looking for a damn near finished product and they also barely practice. She'll have to conduct her own private workouts. I don't think even assistant coaches bother to rebound for or help a player with footwork. It prob happens, but it's far from the norm.

Facts the WNBA is cutthroat

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Salute. Hopefully she doesn't turn into JAG, for the WNBA's sake.

Last thing they need is Just Another Girl on the scene who took the college world by storm then in the league it's a diff story on sum Sky Diggins shyt.

I bet them bags she ran up this past year were legendary tho with that NIL.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
that's my biggest worry. add in jealousy of the vets and you have a potential recipe for disaster.
She making big money with NIL coming into the WNBA, I could see there being tension. Only 12 teams so the spots are so small, there's no room for error. The WNBA season start one month from now May 14, that's a quick turnaround to work on her game.