Angel Reese declares for WNBA draft

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Why do people act like she can’t get developed in the pros? She has a trait that she’s elite in that will undoubtedly transfer in her rebounding

WNBA ain't the NBA homie. Either you make the roster or :camby:

No G-League, not enough roster spots for projects.

Her name will get her time IF she needs it.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If she gets better in the WNBA, it won't be cuz the team develops her. That's not how WNBA teams operate. They looking for a damn near finished product and they also barely practice. She'll have to conduct her own private workouts. I don't think even assistant coaches bother to rebound for or help a player with footwork. It prob happens, but it's far from the norm.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

She’s not a project if she gets you good rebounding, good defense and has a high IQ she can literally help a team out rn with her skill set

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I do think that only a team that actually can use her will draft her and she'll get a couple years off her name alone, but she'll have to grow up fast.

If that team is a team with a lot of distractions or doesn't have a competent coaching staff she's probably cooked either way.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
She has nothing to prove in college and I feel that she can develop those additional skills she needs in the league. The extra year at LSU isn't going to benefit her at all.

She stands to gain more by declaring with caitlyn and continuing their rivalry ASAP
They are not equals and the gulf between them will get bigger in the WNBA, this ain’t magic-bird despite how many people want it to be. Angel has a bigger playing curve to overcome in the wnba than Caitlyn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
She’s not a project if she gets you good rebounding, good defense and has a high IQ she can literally help a team out rn with her skill set
Agreed. Which is why I think her ceiling is a solid role player.

I don't think she has the game or skill set to be a "face of the league" type of superstar...but she'll initially be marketed as one because she's Angel Reese.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They are not equals and the gulf between them will get bigger in the WNBA, this ain’t magic-bird despite how many people want it to be. Angel has a bigger playing curve to overcome in the wnba than Caitlyn
Oh yes I know. But she stands to gain the most out of riding that wave if she can.

Over time melo (not saying she's melo because she isn't) and bron were starting to develop a noticeable gap between their accomplishments and play but it still maintained a great storyline through most of their careers and melo undoubtedly benefitted from that in terms of exposure

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I do think that only a team that actually can use her will draft her and she'll get a couple years off her name alone, but she'll have to grow up fast.

If that team is a team with a lot of distractions or doesn't have a competent coaching staff she's probably cooked either way.
Cheryl Reeve will do wonders for her if she goes there. She can sit behind Diamond Miller, Dorka Juhasz and Napheesa Collier while she figures out what to be as a pro.

That first meeting is gonna be sad though.

Clark gonna drop 30 in a loss while Reese is getting 10 minutes max.