Angel Reese declares for WNBA draft

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
WNBA vets are wild toxic and gatekeeping but you can say the same for NBA:francis:
These bytches mad that angel and caitlin gunna be the 1st two players in the league remembered for anything other than sneaking hash onto an airplane

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's changing too. Y'all gotta keep up

By the time clark gets off her rookie deal the entire league might look and run entirely different
Yeab by that rime hopefully Clark has 20 million of Cube's B3 money. She shouldn't play a single second of WNBA basketball until her base salary is in the millions

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got peoples that work in NBA circles and are heavily invested into WNBAs future

I’m not a big hoops guy myself but there’s a lot of $$ being poured into young girls basketball. Kobe was definitely on to something with his little one.

I went to a private workout a few weeks ago to kick it and these little 13 year old girls looked better than the damn boys and was knocking shots from all over the floor shyt was CRAZY to see IRL

Also they all say that Reese is kinda trash and needs to develop.

But don’t worry there are some waaaay better Reese’s down the road and I anticipate WNBA taking off within the next decade…imagine if there was internet and social media in the 70s when NBA was on tape delay lol

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Yeah the league won't be able to capitalize from the upcoming star players out of college. The vets already speaking it into existence :francis:

There's potentially millions coming in the next few years, that could impact the league, and the lives of many players, forever. For the WNBA's sake, they better tell these bulldaggers to STFU and fall back.

MasterThought

Superstar
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I think one of the biggest fumbles (on a subconscious level) was not naming the teams after their NBA counterparts.

Every team should've been named the same as their NBA counterparts (Lady Knicks, Lady Lakers, etc).

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
This was one of the main points in this vid gil and the others were making. Gil straight up said get these dinosaurs out the league. IIRC Lexi agreed that the league caters too much to the older women. Gil said the foreign players can come into the WNBA at 17-19 with no following, while the US born girls have to waih 2-3 years to get in the league, when they have the following. This is also the convo I think Lexi made the comment that said the coaches are too old school as well.

This. Idk why Taurasi's old ass is still in the league. She gets rest days on a 40-day season :mindblown: and is somehow on the USA team. Her team also won 9 games last year :mjlol:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think one of the biggest fumbles (on a subconscious level) was not naming the teams after their NBA counterparts.

Every team should've been named the same as their NBA counterparts (Lady Knicks, Lady Lakers, etc).

That wouldn’t have changed anything about the product which is the issue

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was one of the main points in this vid gil and the others were making. Gil straight up said get these dinosaurs out the league. IIRC Lexi agreed that the league caters too much to the older women. Gil said the foreign players can come into the WNBA at 17-19 with no following, while the US born girls have to waih 2-3 years to get in the league, when they have the following. This is also the convo I think Lexi made the comment that said the coaches are too old school as well.

This is why you can’t always directly criticize as people feel attacked. She struggled to give an actual solution. Facts are it’s a perfect storm going on right now. Add in “race” & it explodes even more

Women in particular aren’t going to watch the WNBA for a full season. At least not enough to increase ratings & revenue.
We too deep into this to be acting new.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That wouldn’t have changed anything about the product which is the issue
Ur bugging if you don't think this would've helped recognition for the WNBA

Even if it means buying you girl a Lady Laker jersey to wear to the men's game with you, it would've helped them to created more parallels with the bigger product

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ur bugging if you don't think this would've helped recognition for the WNBA

Even if it means buying you girl a Lady Laker jersey to wear to the men's game with you, it would've helped them to created more parallels with the bigger product
Nah, that shyt is goofy and limits merchandising and reduces them down to a gender in addition to diminutizing them. The league becoming popular is literally all that’s needed to have people put cities to teams, most spots fans know the home team anyway.

Last edited: