Angel Reese declares for WNBA draft

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think one of the biggest fumbles (on a subconscious level) was not naming the teams after their NBA counterparts.

Every team should've been named the same as their NBA counterparts (Lady Knicks, Lady Lakers, etc).

Ur bugging if you don't think this would've helped recognition for the WNBA

Even if it means buying you girl a Lady Laker jersey to wear to the men's game with you, it would've helped them to created more parallels with the bigger product
All this does is marginalize them and makes them less independent which is bad for the long term health of the league and women's sports

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Silver and the league should tell these tricks to fall back with their comments asap! I'll be shocked if these college stars will help/boost the WNBA's profile.

Taurasi is right in this case tho :yeshrug:

I mean, right now Caitlyn is out there balling on folks who are just clearly below her level. She has skills that will absolutely translate to the next level but I imagine the physicality of the WNBA plus what I assume will be more elite defenders and defensive game plans is going to be an adjustment period for her

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

I mean, right now Caitlyn is out there balling on folks who are just clearly below her level. She has skills that will absolutely translate to the next level but I imagine the physicality of the WNBA plus what I assume will be more elite defenders and defensive game plans is going to be an adjustment period for her
Nah, this is said from a place of hate because of the hype CC has. No shyt there’s a learning curve, and the obvious is that CC will grow and adjust. These old hags on their 90’s NBA player hate, it’ll be a decade before they give these new girls any type of props.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Nah, this is said from a place of hate because of the hype CC has. No shyt there’s a learning curve, and the obvious is that CC will grow and adjust. These old hags on their 90’s NBA player hate, it’ll be a decade before they give these new girls any type of props.
She didn’t sound like a hater at all in the clip. She said there’s a transition period as a rookie that we all went through and you have to give yourself some grace :manny:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
There's potentially millions coming in the next few years, that could impact the league, and the lives of many players, forever. For the WNBA's sake, they better tell these bulldaggers to STFU and fall back.
That won't happen

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

WNBA overall talent level is trash though, its really not that much better than college. And in college they run much better systems than the WNBA.

Clark gonna shyt on the WNBA

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
All this does is marginalize them and makes them less independent which is bad for the long term health of the league and women's sports
But this is what is done in soccer which is literally the largest sport in the world. It’s not some crazy thing @MasterThought and @T-K-G are saying. Granted, women soccer players seem to only be supported in international tournaments.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
She didn’t sound like a hater at all in the clip. She said there’s a transition period as a rookie that we all went through and you have to give yourself some grace :manny:
That was her cover to not sound like a straight hater. My inside intel on these women shapes my opinion differently, Turasi is a hater and difficult AF from all accounts

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
WNBA overall talent level is trash though, its really not that much better than college. And in college they run much better systems than the WNBA.

:whoa:. Let’s not get crazy.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
That was her cover to not sound like a straight hater. My inside intel on these women shapes my opinion differently, Turasi is a hater and difficult AF from all accounts
Fair enough. I’ve heard similar about her but I just didn’t think that clip was egregious. I also have no idea why she is still playing.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

I am an avid watcher of both leagues. This is simply not true. The WNBA has girls who aren't in the league that should be starters at a pro level. It's way more talent in the WNBA than the NBA on a expectation level. The W just lacks too many teams. Only 12 so everyone got a stud. Every got starters off the bench. The WNBA needs expansion and BAD

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Silver and the league should tell these tricks to fall back with their comments asap! I'll be shocked if these college stars will help/boost the WNBA's profile.

Nobody is guarding her out on the perimeter that far, she’ll be ok

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
That's because your best friend played in the W and went to war with the damn league. Still mad you didn't put in a word for me so we could fukk with each other. You was hating, Dora

Houston sis still plays in the W. I am always shocked I never see him in this threads.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That's because your best friend played in the W and went to war with the damn league. Still mad you didn't put in a word for me so we could fukk with each other. You was hating, Dora

Houston sis still plays in the W. I am always shocked I never see him in this threads.
Lol, Candace wasn’t my BFF, we were associates then sorors. My sources are highly placed league execs :datazz:

Last edited: