Angel Reese declares for WNBA draft

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yes and if I’m a company I will endorse you all day in women’s college but once you hit the wnba and I see those ratings, I’m pulling the endorsement.
I guess Angel/Caitlyn will be the first big NIL deals to test if they will continue professionally for the WNBA? Wont see the effects until like year 2/3 though.

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
Sounds like you think Nil means she gets a salary from LSU. Nope. NIL = Name, Image, Likeness. These are endorsement deals previously denied college players.
Are you under the assumption that schools aren’t paying kids? Of course she’s not getting paid a real salary but schools are definitely paying top athletes on top of what they make with the endorsements

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
It's crazy how people still don't understand the basic foundation of NIL
You also must be under the assumption that these schools aren’t paying top athletes. It’s been going on for years but now all of the sudden since NIL hit you think it stops? Kids get endorsements deals yes they are also getting paid under the table to stay at these schools and not hit the portal every year

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Let’s be real she isn’t going to “develop” shyt in college and being a 5th year senior is overkill. Shawty did 4 years at two different schools, won a natty, became a star time to move on.

Her game is super trash to me though no footwork, no range, no touch, WNBA don’t waste time on these young players if she doesn’t figure it out she’ll be out the league. She’s too cocky for her skill limitation she’s lucky to be 6’3.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean womens college bball has always been more popular , even growing up I remember those pat summit tennessee teams, chamique holdsclaw on slam (before even being in the wnba), sheryl swoopes

A lot of people forget that in the early days of the NBA, it was less popular than men’s college basketball.

That was also part of the reason they had territorial picks, because they hoped that if players got drafted to the team closest to their college that they would draw in those fans

The NBA didn’t really pass up college until the 80s and even to this day March Madness still outdraws the NBA Playoffs most years