Andre The Giant (HBO Sports Documentary) Tonight @ 10 PM ET

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
:deadrose: @ Andre :troll: Hoegan whether or not he was going to put him over, driving him nuts.

I kind of don’t believe this story at all, although it looks like at least a few people have similar recollections. maybe they really are just working everyone?

vince himself said Andre told him he was going to die. in what realm was vince ever going to have hogan lose. that would have been the worst decision ever and I don’t buy that vince wasn’t the one calling the shots.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I kind of don’t believe this story at all, although it looks like at least a few people have similar recollections. maybe they really are just working everyone?

vince himself said Andre told him he was going to die. in what realm was vince ever going to have hogan lose. that would have been the worst decision ever and I don’t buy that vince wasn’t the one calling the shots.

Agreed. Hogan was telling the story of their match like he was in kayfabe. The only thing more over at that time than him was :mj: No fukking way he was going to lose that match.

Too many people left out of this documentary because this came out ten years too late.

Heenan and Savage's commentary would've gave this more credibility than Vince and the Hulkkkster's

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I really do wonder how much longer Andre would've lived if he would've took the meds earlier on and didn't do so much drinking and gain so much extra weight.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Very good. Wish it had more people tellin classic stories tho. They chinced out cause of time but your talking about a gold mine.

My first menory of one of them “wtestling tales” like “warrior died/fake warrior” was andre couldnt lay down or else hed die his heart couldnt puno the blood.

Prolly was told to me day he died. A legend among legends.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

I think it just goes with the narrative that andre did what he wanted to do, and that narrative has grown over the years..only 3 people know if its true, and one is dead.
How was it?
I thought it was excellent, skipped alot of his career but it was more about him as a man and having to deal with being “The Giant”

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Everybody says Andre did what he wanted to do, that's what I think this was more about. He took liberties in the ring all the time with people. Sure, it was predetermined that Hogan was goin' over, but if Andre decided he didn't want to do it... was Vince gonna come out there and make him lay down?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I need a link :damn: :feedme:

Everybody says Andre did what he wanted to do, that's what I think this was more about. He took liberties in the ring all the time with people. Sure, it was predetermined that Hogan was goin' over, but if Andre decided he didn't want to do it... was Vince gonna come out there and make him lay down?

On paper that's true but Andre worked Hogan a bunch of times in the early and mid 80's and let him do stuff that only a very select few could (like bodyslam him). Andre saying "fukk it" and doing business for himself at Mania III would have been very unlikely given the context of it all. Hogan being paranoid about it I buy because a lot of top guys were/are like that but everyone being :lupe: feels more like "the boys working the marks" than anything else.