Andre The Giant (HBO Sports Documentary) Tonight @ 10 PM ET

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Wasn't bad but hate that the second half focused on Hogan vs Andre for the most part

:yeshrug: It was a big deal tho'. Seriously that was the defining moment of his career, the biggest match of the '80s, arguably even bigger than any match of the 90s too, and I might even say the biggest of all time. Not the greatest in-ring, but you'll be hard pressed to find a bunch of matches that were more remembered/talked about. And then the rematch on NBC drew more viewers than any wrestling show ever has to this day. It's kinda like watching a Biggie or Pac documentary and not expecting a great deal of it to focus on their beef.

It was a good documentary all-in-all. It covered his personal life and his wrestling career solidly. It's kinda sad, but he did basically go into decline pretty fast in the years that followed Mania III. Seeing how decent he was in his early years, and then to see him in the late-80s really drives home how tired he was, even though he wanted to keep going. I didn't know until recently why he eventually was only being put in tag matches, but it makes sense.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
:yeshrug: It was a big deal tho'. Seriously that was the defining moment of his career, the biggest match of the '80s, arguably even bigger than any match of the 90s too, and I might even say the biggest of all time. Not the greatest in-ring, but you'll be hard pressed to find a bunch of matches that were more remembered/talked about. And then the rematch on NBC drew more viewers than any wrestling show ever has to this day. It's kinda like watching a Biggie or Pac documentary and not expecting a great deal of it to focus on their beef.

It was a good documentary all-in-all. It covered his personal life and his wrestling career solidly. It's kinda sad, but he did basically go into decline pretty fast in the years that followed Mania III. Seeing how decent he was in his early years, and then to see him in the late-80s really drives home how tired he was, even though he wanted to keep going. I didn't know until recently why he eventually was only being put in tag matches, but it makes sense.
I feel what you're saying breh, you're right. It just came off to me in the second half as focuses on the match then they just mentioned his health started to fail after & then died. I feel like they could've dwelled a little bit more into his final years but like you said good documentary regardless.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I feel what you're saying breh, you're right. It just came off to me in the second half as focuses on the match then they just mentioned his health started to fail after & then died. I feel like they could've dwelled a little bit more into his final years but like you said good documentary regardless.
Yeah it would've been interesting to dive into what all he was doing during the fall off. His last tours of Japan. This doc overall didn't do much for me probably cause I already knew a lot about Andre.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Expected a lot more basically the same andre bio done like 6 times already
Yea this is no different than the a&e one that dropped. Same info.

Beginning was dope. I didnt realize dude was so fit. Its a shame he accepted his death. I feel you andre.

Dude was the king tho. Noone had more respect. I guess taker is the new andre but all time its not even close.

Im actually tired of wwe giving taker all these props n shyt. I watched their top ten wrestlemania show on network. Undertaker vs hhh is top ten? Andre vs higan was like number 5. Wwe really needs to get real and stop with the constant promotion of their wrestlers.

Andre vs hogan is and always will BE the biggest match in wrestling history. Iconic on ao many levels.

Rip andre. This buds for you.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I love how they documented Andre as the greatest territory star vs Hulkkk as the first sports entertainer superstar for WM 3. 2nd half of the doc was heavy on the match, but how they portrayed the build to that match was fantastic.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
That 60's footage of Andre makes you look at him in a whole different light to realize he was once somewhat agile and not always the lumbering giant that many of us remember. This was a good overall doc but I think it could have been 20 to 30 minutes longer.