:dwillhuh:

That's how you feeling today breh?

Bet That

giphy.gif

Ima pull up on you. I got time today

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
I will never understand the unchecked mythologizing of this dude and I love Outkast. Seems like once eminem bigged him up on "til I collapse", all the pitchfork variety hipster cacs ran with that narrative.

And that whole age limit shyt is retarded as fukk. Whenever nikkas excel in a given field, they have to have the race horse treatment pushed on them.

This bullshyt line of thinkin has to die

and fukk dre. nikkas hype him up like he's some consistently prolific sage of hip hop. He's the male lauryn hill; Clearly the standout of his group with the potential to do way more but choose not to. and like wise their respective fans have been begging them for albums for over a decade.

nikkas got that teen gohan syndrome
fizzled out as fast as they sparked

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
In other genres you don't have fans clamoring for new music from older artist. So Hiphop is not any different in that regard. Those old rock bands are playing the hits from yesteryear

It's a fact that the longer you have been rapping the less the youth want to hear from you and the youth dictate what's popular

3k wants his music to be popular and felt throughout Hiphop but he doesn't want to do it by using current slang, production and flows to touch audience that make your music a big deal

The fact of the matter is that he missed his window

Snoop dropped an album this year and it could've been the greatest work of his career but Hiphop isn't going to care about it in 2017
You have artists in other genres releasing new music well after their 30s and 40s. This problem is unique to hip hop. Even still, in other genres, those artists can come out in their 50's and still be received with wild praise. In hip hop, once you get over 30 you're immediately shunned. The culture is much different in Hip Hop. There's no reason at all for age to play a factor in what's considered quality music.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You have artists in other genres releasing new music well after their 30s and 40s. This problem is unique to hip hop. Even still, in other genres, those artists can come out in their 50's and still be received with wild praise. In hip hop, once you get over 30 you're immediately shunned. The culture is much different in Hip Hop. There's no reason at all for age to play a factor in what's considered quality music.
Age does not play a factor

What other artist are releasing music in their 30,40s and 50s to the same fanfare as the prime of their career?

The youth dictate what's hot and what's hot moves faster than any other genre but that doesn't have anything to do with age

2 chainz, rick Ross, Yo gotti have all been at the forefront of the culture well into their 30s

It's all about Tenure not age

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Andre were to do another love below album I would be happy. That wasn't even a rap album I think this nikka is just either afraid or getting to comfortable in not dropping a project. I'm getting tired of these excuses.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This is why I chuckle when anyone puts Andre in their top 10, dude does not have a passion for hip-hop and I think he's afraid of putting out a solo album because he thinks it's going to be a dud or that it won't live up to the lofty standards that people have for him.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
man fukk all that. I know nikkas from high school that were :flabbynsick:at 25. On the other hand, I know a lot 35-40 somethings that are in the best shape of their lives. Bottom line, if you still nice....keep going. No matter what age.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Music is a tough balance between doing it for yourself and doing it for others. Art is subjective. Even JZ "retired."

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all this im a virgin but i like it in the ass attitude sucks, just swallow your pride and birth a healthy solo album 3k !!!

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big Boi said 3000 has been talking about retiring since before the third album. It was a chore for management and label to convince him to do albums.