TPC
Care about it
And getting angry that an artist won't release material is 2 different things
Who said anything about anger?
mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
He's entitled to his opinion, but some of his comments I don't vibe with.

I understand him being at a point where he feels like he matured beyond rap, but when he talks about "old man trying to be cool" etc. that's BS to me.

Hip-hop isn't about trying to be cool, it's an art. You can take it in an almost infinite amount of direction. I mean you can be 60 on some Gil Scott Heron/Last Poets type sh*t.

You can be a street story teller, you can do motivational rap, you can be a lyrical miracle dude with crazy wordplay, you can do Christian rap if you chose to.

Is there a point when rapping about selling drugs and shooting people should get old, probably. But you can mature within the music, instead of maturing out of the music.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
He's just scared to put an album out
he has put 3 solos out breh

but u nikkas to anal with it being rap;;;

when not realizing the nikka is true to the groups definition...when it comes to outkast..

class of 3000 vol 1 n 2 is full of him rappin singing just like aquemini and stankonia...but it ft a couple of kids..

love below..same thing...ft just nora jones, big boi..n fonzworth Bentley

nikka gave us 3 albums full of him..with guest u can count on less than 5 fingers...nikkas tombout he scared...nikka done did it 3 times..

nikkas expectin a rap album...when he gave u nikkas a skee-taste of whats next to come on aquemini when he changed it up...he been doin It ever since...he raps when he wants too...cee-lo gave him that lane..

cee-lo way colder than dre on both sides of the mic...cee-lo hardly ever spits nowadays..atleast stacks has popped up every yr for the past 6yrs...givin verses out the blue..unannounced.has yet to do it this yr..but 1 is coming...

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
He's entitled to his opinion, but some of his comments I don't vibe with.

I understand him being at a point where he feels like he matured beyond rap, but when he talks about "old man trying to be cool" etc. that's BS to me.

Hip-hop isn't about trying to be cool, it's an art. You can take it in an almost infinite amount of direction. I mean you can be 60 on some Gil Scott Heron/Last Poets type sh*t.

You can be a street story teller, you can do motivational rap, you can be a lyrical miracle dude with crazy wordplay, you can do Christian rap if you chose to.

Is there a point when rapping about selling drugs and shooting people should get old, probably. But you can mature within the music, instead of maturing out of the music.
he matured with love below..nikkas was still with critics..anytime dre comes up in a conversation nikkas want him to stick to rapping like he just gave up...

but the nikka has popped up on random remixes..n albums rappin his ass off..since 2010...

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
He's been saying the same thing literally for years.

Hell the real surprise would be if he ever DOES drop new music at this point
he the lochness monster of rap..we have had dre citings for yrs now...not like stopped,,,he shows in the world..but it be in the random of places..frank ocean, kid cudi, rick ross, future,kanye...etc

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Eminem ain't have nothing to do with Andre being considered a top tier MC. There were magazines in the 90's that were praising Andre before Eminem even mattered. What's funny is how many Top 10's actually have Kurupt, Jada, Redman, and Eminem listed on them anyway. Show me an a list where they appeared in the sequence that Em said it in the song. Never was an official list that remotely looked like Em's list.

I still got a gang of old magazines in my closet, I had to post the original Source review of "ATLiens" because cats were claiming Em made everyone think Andre was a great MC.:mjlol:

Not only did they rave about Andre, they gave him Hip-Hop Quotable that month. You can always tell who wasn't around back then.

Fred.