Andre 3000 Thinks He’s Gotten Too Old To Rap

Kami

Banned
Daps
That's just sad, you had other vets like Fat Joe, Jay, Wu-Tang, Scarface, Cube, Dr. Dre, who kept that passion for the music. all those fans who waited for his album should be disappointed he doesn't cares about the art anymore.
It sad jay 50+ still rapping. I get it tho his handlers know he reaches the demographic of 45 under so he still needs to make music.

Kami

Banned
Daps
The ageism in Hip Hop sickens me. It seems like this is the only Genre that berates older artists and hold them & their opinions to a lower standard. Phuck what Andre has to say,I know he still has it in em. Art doesn't have a 'age limit' and Hip Hop is NOT a damn sport. :what: But..if he doesn't want to do it anymore,more power to him. :yeshrug:
Hip ho- from its inception was led by the youth. Just 20 years ago if you were 28 you were an old head in the game.

The creativity and energy of the youth has always pushed hip hop.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I'm a Kast and Dre fan, but Damn! We got it Dre, you been saying the same shyt for the part 10-13 years, you not coming back, cool, then move the fukk on and stop bringing it up

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It sad jay 50+ still rapping. I get it tho his handlers know he reaches the demographic of 45 under so he still needs to make music.

You sound weird breh.

Everything isn't a conspiracy. Jay could never make another album again and be set for life....he's a rapper, not a 50 year old fry cook at Arby's. Some people love their work so they want to continue doing it. The average American doesn't have anything in savings and can't retire until 60+....but nah, a guy that clearly loves to rap dropping an album is sad. :comeon:

Fred.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY

He put out a mature project tho, might very well be album of the year too

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I don't think he's talking about rapping as an artform, he's talking about being a commercial hip-hop artist. That's what he means by "too old to rap."

He compared it to boxing. Look at Roy Jones Jr getting knocked out in the ring when he shoulda been retired kickin back...

It's like a younger chick who gets older and all of a sudden she doesn't wanna wear red lipstick anymore, cause she looks in the mirror and doesn't feel comfortable. It's not an indictment of all the other older women who wanna keep wearing bright ass lipstick, just how SHE feels about it

His whole style as an ARTIST, not some nikka who rhymes words together, but the whole presentation of a hip-hop artist.... the whole package is important to him, and while his lyrical skills are intact as André Benjamin, all the other pieces to the "Andre 3000" equation have expired in his opinion. He's not tryna be a 40 year old playin dress up and doing extra shyt, and those other parts outside the rapping were authentically him as well. He's not tryna be like that "Wild Dogs" movie. Some older artists don't have that problem cause their presentation never had that much pizzazz in the first place, or they were wave riders to an extent. Jay saw he was getting older and said "I don't do jerseys i'm 30 plus".... Jay puts his negatives on front street and spins them into positives. "30's the new 20." André's character won't allow him to be on that kinda shyt

I understand where he's coming from... I've been drawing since I was 5 years old and painting since i was 10. I haven't painted in 5 years to the day, and before that there was a 8 year gap. Everyone that knows me says i'm wasting my talent, But I do shyt cause I want to, cause I got a dope ass idea that won't go away. Not cause another nikka thinks I got no choice cause I'm good at it off some kinda GP, or I gotta prove i'm top 5 visual artists of all time or some other bullshyt. If andre gave a fukk about some random nikkas top 5 emcees list he wouldn't have mixed singin in with the shyt, he woulda had albums straight rappin. This is the nikka who said "the south's got somethin to say". He raps cause he's got something to say, not cause he's gotta say something. That's a pure emcee right there. "A true artist", like Big K.R.I.T. would say. LMAO, nikkas ain't gotta like it but at least show respect.

Kami

Banned
Daps
You sound weird breh.

Everything isn't a conspiracy. Jay could never make another album again and be set for life....he's a rapper, not a 50 year old fry cook at Arby's. Some people love their work so they want to continue doing it. The average American doesn't have anything in savings and can't retire until 60+....but nah, a guy that clearly loves to rap dropping an album is sad. :comeon:

Fred.
aint no conspiracies when it comes to jayz.

all them old ass civil right activits are in their 60's/70's nobody relates to them.

in comes a guy like jay who is the god of this hip hop shyt. i say that to say some of yall move like hip hop is your religion nikkas 45 and under look up to dude. IMO its sad hes making music at 50 he should be done with it he been rapping before many of us were born. move on to other shyt.

im not gonna explain his political ties and how hes been used in the past since its apparently conspiracy talk. ill just say hes friends with obama and was used like a whore in the closing of rikers.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh, 3k still not gonna put out an album :childplease:

In other news, I heard this guy named Barack is gonna run for president. No way these caca will let him win

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I think he's got something cooking. I'm a Gemini so he's considering it for sure.