Daps
Reppin
TPC
Common dropped the AOTY last year
ATCQ dropped the runner up AOTY
Masta Ace STILL drops heat and he's damn near 50
Ghostface been dropping heat
Raekwon dropped a solid project

Kanye knocking on 40's door and he's still one of the most anticipated artists whenever he drops

Black Thought will still outrap 90% of ANY new school artist

Rick Ross is 41 and stays dropping heat
You forgot the gawd :pdahellclean:

Dropped AOTY at 42

prodigy1.jpg

Rest of the trilogy dropping on 11/2/17 :psalute:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You think someone in their 40s isn't as mentally sharp as someone in their 20s? :jbhmm:

On average a person in their 40's is definitely mentally sharper than they were in their 20's. Maybe not as creative. Now someone in the more advanced ages (60's, 70's)...:hubie:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You can bluff that in the studio with a punch in or if you're creative flip the flow and remove a word or two to take an extra breath. None of that should affect the overall impact of your music. If it ain't hitting like it used to it's either cuz the artist ain't adapt or isn't hungry it's not because they aren't physically capable of making great music anymore that gets airplay, sales, popularity and resonates with the people.
Yeah - you right. I forgot about punching in.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they should ask him if he feels weirdo rap has his dna all over...

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
You think someone in their 40s isn't as mentally sharp as someone in their 20s? :jbhmm:

Bad choice of words on my part. Generally speaking, no I don't. When it comes to rap though, I do think their skills begin to deteriorate at a certain point...just how like an athlete loses their ability (metaphorically speaking)

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sike. Also u don't articulate ur point very well. Cause they have nothing to do with hip hop. And if u talking about RnB growing up there's plenty of RnB artists not named Beyoncé and Usher that are dropping great shyt it's just that RnB is damn near dead in the mainstream cause the line has been blurred too much. But u still got cats like Babyface droppin dope albums. shyt RnB ain't even get overall raunchy till recent. There was always exceptions but nothing like it is now.

You're comprehension skills suck. The point is whether or not hip hop is growing up or not. In it's infancy, hip hop was consumed by the kids and R&B was consumed by the adults. Now fast forward to 2017, those kids are now in the age range that once consumed R&B (mature music with mature subject matter) and we're not supporting it. That's why I keep stressing the word "culture", but you keep dropping the ball in the comprehension department. I know Babyface is still making dope shyt, so is Big Boi (but you again ignored that part). But it's not selling. Hence, 3K's point. He can drop the same dope shyt as a hobby, a verse at a time, instead of making a corporate obligation out of it and still get the same results. Until the culture grows up, we'll constantly have the old head divide. But it don't seem like we're interested in growing up. Usher out here with a dye job imitating a 24 year old football player and Beyoncé out here cussing and being vulgar like she on a Nicki Minaj record....both placating to the youth. You're probably one of those cats that dress like your son. When I was a kid, I didn't dress like my father because there was a distinction in our age difference. But now, you have fathers out here in Jordan 11's right along with their 2 year old sons. We're not maturing as a culture, and the music is just a reflection of it. So again, the R&B angle was used to simply point out this isn't just a hip hop "music" issue.....this is a "culture" as a whole issue.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Real talk it's in his book

Then in early 2003, I went to Atlanta to have a meeting with Outkast at their Stankonia Studios, named after their album. I went in assuming that we were going to talk about their new upcoming album, but right away it was clear they had a different conversation in mind. They told me at this meeting that they might not want to work together as a group any longer. In fact, I’m not sure Big Boi knew before this meeting that André had come to this conclusion—I couldn’t tell. I was shocked and stunned, but this was too sensitive to betray their confidence. Whether this was happening because of personal jealousies or divergent creative directions or whatever, they never let on.”

Excerpt From: Reid, L.A. “Sing to Me.” HarperCollinsPublishers, 2015-12-16. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/QkG5Z.l

Sometime later, Big Boi told me he wanted to make a solo record. He went in the studio and he records, records, records, records. I started to hear the songs he sent me or his manager brought. I loved them. He played me one, “The Way You Move,” that sounded like a real smash. Then he played me others that sounded so good I got confused. This album was full of songs that I really loved and I couldn’t wait to put out. I went to Atlanta for his photo shoot. He had speakers everywhere, big speakers, small speakers. He was sitting on top of speakers. The name of the album was Speakerboxxx.
As it all came together, the company back in New York had been making plans to market and release the album by Big Boi, when I got a call from his former partner, André 3000.
“Reid,” he said, “when are you putting out Big Boi’s album?”
“The release date is five weeks away,” I said.
“So if I want to make an album and turn this into a double album, how much time do I have?”
“Three weeks.”
“Damn, three weeks,” he said and paused, as[…]

Excerpt From: Reid, L.A. “Sing to Me.” HarperCollinsPublishers, 2015-12-16. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/QkG5Z.l
That receipt game
21o3bb6.jpg

@King Karim :peeumad:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Why does hip hop frown upon people participating in the creation of music after a certain age?
You don't see that in any other genre of music. What does age have to do with a person's creative ability?
This mindset in hip hop that it's only for teenagers and people in their 20's has always been crazy to me.
It almost screams white supremacy/conspiracy to me.
Like a mental conditioning designed to destroy a powerful genre that has proven to be able to move the entire culture.

In other genres you don't have fans clamoring for new music from older artist. So Hiphop is not any different in that regard. Those old rock bands are playing the hits from yesteryear

It's a fact that the longer you have been rapping the less the youth want to hear from you and the youth dictate what's popular

3k wants his music to be popular and felt throughout Hiphop but he doesn't want to do it by using current slang, production and flows to touch audience that make your music a big deal

The fact of the matter is that he missed his window

Snoop dropped an album this year and it could've been the greatest work of his career but Hiphop isn't going to care about it in 2017

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Jim Jones & The Game always had something to say about being 40 & rapping as a negative..... but look at them now...either over 40 or close & still rapping
Just like every young poster here talking about the older posters are :flabbynsick:
It's coming young brehs :peeumad:
You can't escape the :flabbynsick:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Scust at you for implying that's all that rappers can rap about. Nas rapped about possibly not being the best father to his daughter. Prodigy has a song rapping about the trials and tribulations he had being inflicted with Sickle Cell. Ghost rapped about going underwater and seeing cartoon characters and Islamic images. Cube and Chuck rapped about Black social issues. J. Cole rapped about the anxiety he had the first time he was with a girl sexually. Pac has a song about uplifting Black women. GZA is creating a whole album about the universe. Yall nikkas have to stop putting limitations on rap music. A rapper does not have to rap about NONE of that shyt you mentioned to make dope rap music.
21o3bb6.jpg