Andre 3000 Thinks He’s Gotten Too Old To Rap

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Crazy because you start peaking verbally in mid to late 20s, and usually are super sharp in 30s... prime years.

Only genre that doesn't respect its mature artists and where those same artists don't feel like they have a lane... smh...

Meanwhile, Garth Brooks has caked all-time tremendously in 3...

...3 reinventions. :wow:

It's a "rap" :camby:

That's the problem, rapping is not a sport. There is no Wizards MJ, a nikka fell off cuz they ain't hungry no more. 40+ year old rappers are CURRENTLY competing in the rap game as we speak. Jay had a recent number one, Tribe, De La all have had #1 albums in the past year. Rick Ross is around Andre's age, he is currently in regular rotation right now. Older rappers are competing right now against younger ones. There is no rap version of 2016 Kobe, a nikka that still wants to compete and is physically unable to.

Older rappers run the game...that's been established... which is also a$$ backward for a genre that thrived on rappers in their late teens and just touching 20, 21...

Just all fukked up. :snoop:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
He's right. Hip Hop is a young man's game because the culture has refused to grow up. Every time I see Usher out here with the Odell dye job, or hear Beyoncé cussing and getting sexually explicit on record, it makes me sad. Nobody puts value in age/wisdom anymore from our culture. If we can't even get a group like the Whispers to be popping in R&B, you damn sure not about to get a rapper that's popping past 40. And spare me the Jay-Z nonsense. He's marketed himself really well to be the "taste maker" of hip hop. People are willing to "hear" what he has to say, but they're not willing to value it. He's great at rapping and what he says if really good.....but after a while that's all it becomes. It's a hobby now....for 3K and Jay. The only difference is Jay has corporate obligations still. But if I'm 3K, and people still are willing to hear what I have to say, I'd drop a verse here and there when I feel like it too. Especially when I see my boy Big out there rapping his ass off and dropping great albums after great albums and pushing 100K albums. The culture isn't valuing what the older guard has to say on wax like other cultures do. That's not a knock on the artist, that's a knock on the culture.

Well said.

Repped.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
make another outkast album?

why doesnt release a boxset of all his music including big boi in remastered sets?

what about dudes unreleased music if he has any?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's right, you don't wanna be that old legend out there tarnishing your legacy with forced albums that clog a great discography. Would have been nice to get 1 solo album from him way back when, but I can't hate on his opinion. If the passion ain't there, why create.

his is rich and popular, so he doesnt have to "force" an album. the real issue is, he doesnt have the time and heart to put into it because he has other interests. its not easy to put out quality music that you feel is up to YOUR standards. also, another problem is, if you try and make tracks over time instead of an album, those tracks will get leaked. the music industry is different now and I just dont think he feels like he fits...but that has nothing to do with his skill. he still better than most people out now. and I am sure he can do better than 4:44. :scusthov:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's this kind of thinking that kills hip hop. Not nikkas like Lil Uzi Vert

This type of thinking is what leads to white people coming and gentrifying Rnb like they have

Eminem out here 44 still rapping and you don't hear a peep.

If you don't want to rap anymore cool but keep that stupid shyt to yourself