Andre 3000 Thinks He’s Gotten Too Old To Rap

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
so called hip-hop fans who subscribe to this "rap is young mans game" line of thinking simply don't respect hip-hop as music or an art form.

hip-hop is a young mans game if you trivialize it as nothing more than club music or shyt to "bump in the whip", but hip-hop is more than that if you had a true appreciation for the genre.

but then again, a lot dudes in the booth don't actually like music anyways. they're into the culture more than the actual music itself.

Last edited:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
MF Grimm recorded an album in 24 hours on bail :manny:

61ZCb2bI1nL.jpg

It's possible

Dope album. He rapped on a lot of KMD instrumentals tho...

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
He could drop an collection of previously unreleased material though, that would be sweet.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I don't mind any solo album. Love below is good enough for me and with all the guest features and outkast joints I have more than enough Dre for a lifetime. I will always hold onto another album from him but I'm not pushing it. As a writer I understand not writing if you're not into it. Don't just force shyt

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
If he releases an album, with all of the mystifying aura and legend he's already built up around his name, the reality will not match up with the expectation, he knows this, and plays this card, 3 Stacks is pretty much looked at like a god in most peoples eyes.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
mojo1.jpg
jamestaylor_042211.jpg

Damn shame dudes like this can still eat in their senior years and niccas feeling over the hill at half their age.:francis:

Hip Hop is still young. It's not as old as other genres. That's why. shyt like Rock, Folk, Jazz, R&B and so on been around for longer. That's why.

Hip Hop on a mainstream level is just starting to see the "old man" being embraced without being called old (ex: Jay-Z with his 4:44 album)

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To the people getting mad, can ypu really say he doesn't have legit claim?

The boxing analogy is spot on. Jay Z used to put out albums out annually. The older he got, the slower he got. We know what a Jay Z album sounds like when he's not inspired. Look at Nas. He used to put out albums every 2 years. Now here we are 5 years since his last album still waiting on the new one.

Andre 3000 spent his whole career as part of a group. While there is a demand for a solo album, what's really the point? Most want an album where he's 100% rapping. Being the artist that he is, does he commit to that even though he may want to do sone singing or even drop some spoken word on it? Does he compromise his artistry to do an album of 100% rapping even though he wants to express himself in other ways?

"Well, all the talk of him being Top this, GOAT that should cease if he isn't going to drop an album". Newsflash, it isn't going to stop. To be fair, him dropping an albim wouldn't change anything anyway. People who have heard the Kast albums and the guest appearances know he's great. Him dropping a solo album would only prove that he's capable of making a solo album. It would have to be special, incredible, a masterpiece for it to even match the hype or justify the talk of him being a top tier MC or GOAT.

Personally, I have no problems with him making someone's top 5 or 10 or if someone said he was their GOAT. Why? It's their opinion. He's one of my favorite rappers as well. Objectively speaking, I can't put him over MC's who have classic or iconic solo albums or MC's that have solid solo discographies.