Andre 3000 Thinks He’s Gotten Too Old To Rap

Daps
Damn some of y'all in here must be in y'all 40's still trying to make it as a rapper because some of y'all are in here typing while wiping away tears :mjcry:

lol

Do you have an uncle you wish you saw more but your meetings are relegated to like h
Respect. We can't expect ppl to always want to be in it.

Jay been sounding winded since atleast MCHG

He was using them young boy flows and even went back to whisper Jay-Z on this one.

I like the album because it's more about the lyrics

Naaaa 4:44 sounded almost reinvigorated to me. If you want to really take it there Jay hasn't been the same since TBA/Diamonds Remix

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I'll never understand why there is this logic that folks shouldn't be rapping in their 40's and beyond. Unless they're rapping about hustling, thugging, xanny, etc. why do rappers have to stop rapping? The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney are 70's+ and still putting out music and touring. Of course most of their fans are older but they still attract a few new listeners and fans.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:ufdup: 3K top 5 DOA.
nope1.gif

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
EDIT

My point is 3 stacks cant be considered the GOAT or top 10 IMO because he doesnt have the body of work.. To be top 10 you have to have 3 solo albums. So big isnt in my top 10 either, sorry. Its not fair to compare a guy like Jay or LL to a guy with 1-2 solo albums. However they are definitely up there in the top group category easily.
:leostare: according to who?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Y'all mad at him but what old rappers modern music do y'all listen to besides Jay z and nas :jbhmm:

And even then, most people don't judge it as just regular music. They judge it as "oh they were in they prime when I was younger and their new shyt isn't terrible but.."

Hip hop is still a very young genre, a LOT of which is based around youth and image.

Besides Jay's new album and maybe tribes last year I just haven't seen much of it
Prodigy
Cormega
Killah Priest
De La Soul
Ghostface
Raekwon
Havoc
Roc Marci

Shall I continue?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fact is if he ever put out an Album all that hype shyt is lost. He has more to lose than gain. Similar to Jay Elec. if people can't see that their idiots:mjlol:
We've been getting a track a year from the Jay Electronica album that was made and never released.
We know that would've been a top-tier album.
Can't say the same for 3000.
Meanwhile we've gotten 3 great albums from Big Boi.

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to add: You can say that older rappers can really taking us back to hip hop golden age of the 90's. Older rappers no longer have to conform to radio, record label, peer pressure.the older the rapper the more important the lyrics and content become.

We go from production,melody ,energy -----> lyrics,content, overall theme

They can now grow along when their fan base ( who coincidentally now have more disposable income) to attend shows and buy swag. Its not surprising that the older lyricist are the ones that seem to be able to do it NAS,Jayz, Common, ATCQ, Ross,DE LA etc.... The ones struggling are the ones still dipping their toes partially in the content/lyrics pool like JADA, FAB, WU members to some extent Kanye.

Its time for hiphop fans and artist to embrace getting older and integrate it in the culture. Hopefully with 4:44 we will see more copycats in a good way

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
rzYpv.gif

And it's tarnished his legacy. :yeshrug:
And the way he talks about hip hop is low key disrespectful. :francis:
It's a Hobby :scust:

And that's what some dudes in here are not understanding. A lot are upset with him not because he no longer wants to rap anymore. They're upset at the way he talks about being an older rapper in the game like it's an embarrassment and he sounds like he's ashamed to be a rapper 40+. If he chooses not to rap anymore because he feels uninspired, alright cool. Dudes shouldn't be mad at that. But the last thing Hip Hop needs is one of it's most notable vets talking about the artform in the manner he does.

And him not dropping a solo definitely tarnished his legacy to me. There's no way he should be placed Top 10 with nary a solo catalog. How can anyone actually sit and think about the vast and impressive solo projects other rappers have, like Nas or Jay, and lump 3K in there with them? shyt is ridiculous to me. He never proved he can create a dope solo. I have Prodigy in my Top 10 and one of the reasons is because he proved he can step away from the group dynamic and make dope solo music. And P has more classic verses on his group projects than Andre does, but if he didn't make a dope solo I wouldn't rank him in a Top 10 list.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He doesn't want to do it anymore. That's cool. He has different goals now. He's been there and done that. Better this than to force an album that is half assed. I respect that because look at how many artists putting out music that's wack. They are doing it for a check. It's cringe worthy. That's why he's so dope an artist. You know he puts his heart into that shyt. I hear these new artists and they clearly don't give a fukk about the music. That's why their shyt sounds the same. No passion. No creativity. A real artists put their heart into it. It's not always about the money.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That's the problem, rapping is not a sport. There is no Wizards MJ, a nikka fell off cuz they ain't hungry no more. 40+ year old rappers are CURRENTLY competing in the rap game as we speak. Jay had a recent number one, Tribe, De La all have had #1 albums in the past year. Rick Ross is around Andre's age, he is currently in regular rotation right now. Older rappers are competing right now against younger ones. There is no rap version of 2016 Kobe, a nikka that still wants to compete and is physically unable to.
shyt Fab is 40 this year I believe. Then u look at the nikkas like Cole, Drake, Future, Kendrick. They all 30+. Biggest female rapper in the game is 35. To be honest there's not many young artists out there worth a damn. The ones everyone fukks wit and thinks are young are all over 30 for the most part.