And the Netflix bloodbath begins. Multiple execs fired, new shows canceled, anime studio slashed

Daps
Netflix started out good in terms of price to service. Now it’s base price is just not worth it for many. If I wasn’t getting it through t-mobile I’d have canceled long ago.

Yup. Too many other services have libraries worth of content they already own. Disney and HBO alone can shyt on just about any other streaming service.

Netflix doesn't push the good shyt they DO have and then they have too much reality TV trash.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
giphy.gif

gang business

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They operate like the money is infinite. The amount of money they pump into their “big” shows is obscene when you consider how poorly many look. They’re allegedly spending 30mil an episode on the new Strange Things season. For reference at its most expensive, Game Of Thrones - arguably the best looking television show of all time (CGI, locations, costumes etc) - cost 15mil per episode in the final seasons. There’s no excuse for that.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
I was literally just talking about how much I prefer HBO Max with some other people on discord. This is wild. And how the best thing I've watched from them recently was their animation (Arcane and Castelvania) lmao.

Facts and DOTA\darwins game too personally.

Last movie i fukked with from netflix was the korean pirates movie. Shyt was piff lowkey

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like theyll do it like terminator and end it on a cliffhanger and send it to production hell Its too popular to let it go. Cuz someone will pick it up.

Rewatching the series a 2nd time.
I fw with robby and kenny character protrayals
I think they’ll prioritize the top shows like cobra and reboot ozark

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I keep telling people that a lot of these streaming services aren’t going to make it out here as it was more financial feasible to go the cable route. If Netflix is out here struggling, then imagine how other streaming services are doing :sas2:

Content isn’t cheap to produce even if it’s done in house.
I said that from jump. They got people thinking they’re saving money by buying up all these streaming services with internet. It’s not much different from having cable unless you’re streaming shyt illegally. It’s happening to Netflix now but I bet more will take a hit too.

Daps
I mean who couldn't see this shyt happening. These kats were in incredible debt and were overpaying for shows, movies and standups for years.

They were trying to go the Amazon route in which they had years and even over a decade in debt hoping that it would payoff. Only thing is they didn't do an true analysis of the upcoming competition.

Netflix (and Uber) in for a rude awakening. Netflix talked all about how blockbuster fumbled the bag and they on their way to being another blockbuster if they don't clean up their act real quick.

They better get on that live sports wave quick. If I was them I would look into getting some professional or college sports or even high school sports live streams whether in the states or overseas. One easy thing they could do to get subscribers (though that boat probably sailed) was to get on that HBCU wave with sports. They probably could have got the rights to broadcast some of the games for cheap. Even gave certain packages to customer for like 5 to 8 bucks a month subscriptions to follow their basketball or football teams for a season.

They got to think outside the box. shyt I would even cover live cricket and ping pong for my India and Chinese subscribers.
I agree with everything you said, but I'm curious what risk factor you see with Uber? I'm not as familiar with their financials and competitors aside from Lyft. What's the major issue you're seeing - Debt?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I mean who couldn't see this shyt happening. These kats were in incredible debt and were overpaying for shows, movies and standups for years.

They were trying to go the Amazon route in which they had years and even over a decade in debt hoping that it would payoff. Only thing is they didn't do an true analysis of the upcoming competition.

Netflix (and Uber) in for a rude awakening. Netflix talked all about how blockbuster fumbled the bag and they on their way to being another blockbuster if they don't clean up their act real quick.

They better get on that live sports wave quick. If I was them I would look into getting some professional or college sports or even high school sports live streams whether in the states or overseas. One easy thing they could do to get subscribers (though that boat probably sailed) was to get on that HBCU wave with sports. They probably could have got the rights to broadcast some of the games for cheap. Even gave certain packages to customer for like 5 to 8 bucks a month subscriptions to follow their basketball or football teams for a season.

They got to think outside the box. shyt I would even cover live cricket and ping pong for my India and Chinese subscribers.
Funny thing is they made the documentary showing that Blockbuster didn't screw up, the new owner used it to cover his debts then dumped the carcass.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Subscription fatigue
Every jackass corporation hopped on the wave seeing green
If people looked at their bank accounts like I do and see how much money they’re wasting on streaming shyt they aren’t using, they’ll all follow suit. This streaming shyt while convenient is a fukking joke. I knew shyt was doomed when they started making people have to pay for a whole streaming service just to watch certain shows or movies.. What sense does that make? Just watch the shyt on tv or catch it on demand if you miss it live

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
What am I looking at man???:patrice:
fukk Yahoo smdh DAZN used to stream all their fights for the subscription cost but they're moving into adding pay per view for the big fights.

They don't really have much of the fighters I'd pay a premium to see and I pray it stays that way :pacspit:

Daps

Disney even got them beat on that. ESPN+....watch it on my smart TV or PS5. They have cricket and some weird Indian sport I never heard of. It's like tag and football mixed together. Brehs would dominate that shyt if we ever saw it and they paid big bucks.