And the Netflix bloodbath begins. Multiple execs fired, new shows canceled, anime studio slashed

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Netflix is the modern day tbs or tnt. They shyt been garbage b tier tv. it took HBO max and apple streaming to show the world. I thought HBO max was gonna be trash but that shyt is leaps above the lowest common denominator bullshyt Netflix churn out. Netflix has some solid hits like bandersnatch, stranger things, drive to survive, Jojo, Russian dolls, but other than anime and one or two shows most everything else is LGBTQ, reality or some straight to dvd bullshyt ass movie.

I really never expected to give a fukk about apples streaming stuff yet the only show I watched on it, severance, is absolutely worth the price of admission.

Yep Netflix definitely HAS to step their fukking game up :what:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Netflix is the modern day tbs or tnt. They shyt been garbage b tier tv. it took HBO max and apple streaming to show the world. I thought HBO max was gonna be trash but that shyt is leaps above the lowest common denominator bullshyt Netflix churn out. Netflix has some solid hits like bandersnatch, stranger things, drive to survive, Jojo, Russian dolls, but other than anime and one or two shows most everything else is LGBTQ, reality or some straight to dvd bullshyt ass movie.

I really never expected to give a fukk about apples streaming stuff yet the only show I watched on it, severance, is absolutely worth the price of admission.

It really is and cinematography was :ehh:

I even kinda enjoyed the the foundation ,, again the cinematography was on point

Daps
I mean who couldn't see this shyt happening. These kats were in incredible debt and were overpaying for shows, movies and standups for years.

They were trying to go the Amazon route in which they had years and even over a decade in debt hoping that it would payoff. Only thing is they didn't do an true analysis of the upcoming competition.

Netflix (and Uber) in for a rude awakening. Netflix talked all about how blockbuster fumbled the bag and they on their way to being another blockbuster if they don't clean up their act real quick.

They better get on that live sports wave quick. If I was them I would look into getting some professional or college sports or even high school sports live streams whether in the states or overseas. One easy thing they could do to get subscribers (though that boat probably sailed) was to get on that HBCU wave with sports. They probably could have got the rights to broadcast some of the games for cheap. Even gave certain packages to customer for like 5 to 8 bucks a month subscriptions to follow their basketball or football teams for a season.

They got to think outside the box. shyt I would even cover live cricket and ping pong for my India and Chinese subscribers.

This is it. Why they've ignored live sports when that is one of the clearest, lockdown drivers of subscriptions is beyond me. Dumb as hell.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I keep telling people that a lot of these streaming services aren’t going to make it out here as it was more financial feasible to go the cable route. If Netflix is out here struggling, then imagine how other streaming services are doing :sas2:

Content isn’t cheap to produce even if it’s done in house.

Problem with Netflix is that they're only a streaming service. Disney for example has different streams of revenue, same with WB Discovery (HBO Max's parent company) Amazon, Apple etc. If their streaming service fails, they can fall back on other shyt. If Netflix fails, they're done completely.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
They're literally adding fuel to the fire that has already started with public opinion and mass cancellations.

Maybe Netflix's time has just come. Except for a handful of shows, most of their content is mid.

Maybe Riot games should just take Arcane and release it on their own platform or go to somebody that's a little more reliable. Because I feel like a year from now Netflix is going to be in a bad position. They're beginning to have the stench of being a platform that people shouldn't bother to support.

And when you have no subscribers that means that you're not going to have as many views as you normally would. And what's the point of releasing a really good show if the viewership projections are low due to no subscriptions?