And the Netflix bloodbath begins. Multiple execs fired, new shows canceled, anime studio slashed

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
fukk Yahoo smdh DAZN used to stream all their fights for the subscription cost but they're moving into adding pay per view for the big fights.

They don't really have much of the fighters I'd pay a premium to see and I pray it stays that way :pacspit:

So they charging you to watch online?!:dahell: explain it to the class...

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Netflix keep leaking blood they may do that whole antenna TV network shyt where they get a lot of rights to old shows from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. To maintain a cheap line up of shows and still have subscribers.

I always said when all these streaming big time services were talked about popping up. Netflix should have approached those big studios with an offer to sell.
Tubi/Crackle already got a lot of the classic sitcoms and they free. Netflix would have to get the undeniable classics to compete with that.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with everything you said, but I'm curious what risk factor you see with Uber? I'm not as familiar with their financials and competitors aside from Lyft. What's the major issue you're seeing - Debt?

Not sure about Lyft, but Uber debt is huge (in the billions) and now they are raising prices and customers are jumping ship. Uber thought they could go to all the major cities and monopolize the taxi service game by killing all the local taxi services (like the mom and pop euro, arab and african yellow taxis companies).

But those local taxi companies fought back, Uber employees trying to unionize and sue Uber and Uber has burned through so much money they are hurting as well. Many of the perks they offered employees they are no longer offering and they are cheating employees out of money with more fees.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If people looked at their bank accounts like I do and see how much money they’re wasting on streaming shyt they aren’t using, they’ll all follow suit. This streaming shyt while convenient is a fukking joke. I knew shyt was doomed when they started making people have to pay for a whole streaming service just to watch certain shows or movies.. What sense does that make? Just watch the shyt on tv or catch it on demand if you miss it live

truth!

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I mean who couldn't see this shyt happening. These kats were in incredible debt and were overpaying for shows, movies and standups for years.

They were trying to go the Amazon route in which they had years and even over a decade in debt hoping that it would payoff. Only thing is they didn't do an true analysis of the upcoming competition.

Netflix (and Uber) in for a rude awakening. Netflix talked all about how blockbuster fumbled the bag and they on their way to being another blockbuster if they don't clean up their act real quick.

They better get on that live sports wave quick. If I was them I would look into getting some professional or college sports or even high school sports live streams whether in the states or overseas. One easy thing they could do to get subscribers (though that boat probably sailed) was to get on that HBCU wave with sports. They probably could have got the rights to broadcast some of the games for cheap. Even gave certain packages to customer for like 5 to 8 bucks a month subscriptions to follow their basketball or football teams for a season.

They got to think outside the box. shyt I would even cover live cricket and ping pong for my India and Chinese subscribers.
There’s talk that they’re going to go after the broadcasting rights for F1

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
they run their company like a fukking tech company and not like a TV studio, it is going to fail in the end.

it's why HBO is winning, they know TV/entertainment, disney too.

they are firing the wrong people.

I'd sell my stock now before it gets worse, if I was invested.
Yep, they dont understand creativity

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s talk that they’re going to go after the broadcasting rights for F1

Yep they need to make s move quick. NFL broad cast right end in 2023 and I think NBA broadcast rights end in 2024 or 2025.

Also with sports games ESPN + only has rights to certain college games and certain soccer, cricket and etc games. Those other games are broadcasted locally.

For example right now only about 50% of SWAC college football games are broadcasted on ESPN 3 or ESPN plus. So the other 50% games are broadcasted locally or not at all. That how Byron Allen and that other Network were able to make side deals with SWAC teams. Right there is an angle that Netflix could get in just broadcasting SWAC or MEAC or HBCU team games (since some HBCUs aren't in HBCU conferences).

I just can't believe that Netflix couldn't sign a deal with say a North Carolina A&T to broadcast their Football games that aren't on ESPN or broadcast the CIAA basket tournament. Thats easy subscribers right there.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The shyt that is saving Netflix is all the international shyt they have on there.

Yep if I was them I would go all in on spanish and indian language shows and movies. No need to go all in on them chinese language shows and movies cause them fools gonna bootleg that shyt anyway....:mjlol: