And the Netflix bloodbath begins. Multiple execs fired, new shows canceled, anime studio slashed

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I keep telling people that a lot of these streaming services aren’t going to make it out here as it was more financial feasible to go the cable route. If Netflix is out here struggling, then imagine how other streaming services are doing :sas2:

Content isn’t cheap to produce even if it’s done in house.
But that’s not the issue at all.

"When it comes to cancellations, or the threat of them, several creators including City of Ghosts director Elizabeth Ito, have complained of Netflix using “staged data” to make their point – using manipulated data to justify lack of funding or cancellation despite critical acclaim for projects.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
My disdain for these fukks began when they did the bait and switch and damn near got rid of all other studio films worth and damn and made it fukking 80% original content.

wonder if the disc service is still around.. me and my dvd burner used to EAT back in the early aughts.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean who couldn't see this shyt happening. These kats were in incredible debt and were overpaying for shows, movies and standups for years.

They were trying to go the Amazon route in which they had years and even over a decade in debt hoping that it would payoff. Only thing is they didn't do an true analysis of the upcoming competition.

Netflix (and Uber) in for a rude awakening. Netflix talked all about how blockbuster fumbled the bag and they on their way to being another blockbuster if they don't clean up their act real quick.

They better get on that live sports wave quick. If I was them I would look into getting some professional or college sports or even high school sports live streams whether in the states or overseas. One easy thing they could do to get subscribers (though that boat probably sailed) was to get on that HBCU wave with sports. They probably could have got the rights to broadcast some of the games for cheap. Even gave certain packages to customer for like 5 to 8 bucks a month subscriptions to follow their basketball or football teams for a season.

They got to think outside the box. shyt I would even cover live cricket and ping pong for my India and Chinese subscribers.

Last edited:
Daps
I mean who couldn't see this shyt happening. These kats were in incredible debt and were overpaying for shows, movies and standups for years.

They were trying to go the Amazon route in which they had years and even over a decade in debt hoping that it would payoff. Only thing is they didn't do an true analysis of the upcoming competition.

Netflix (and Uber) in for a rude awakening. Netflix talked all about how blockbuster fumbled the bag and they on their way to being another blockbuster if they don't clean up their act real quick.

:mjlit:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
shang-tsung-it-has-begun.gif

:obama:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I keep telling people that a lot of these streaming services aren’t going to make it out here as it was more financial feasible to go the cable route. If Netflix is out here struggling, then imagine how other streaming services are doing :sas2:

Content isn’t cheap to produce even if it’s done in house.

crazy man…just as I finally gave up torrenting (after 20+ years) and accepted the inevitability of a streaming society smh