And the Netflix bloodbath begins. Multiple execs fired, new shows canceled, anime studio slashed

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The thing is that disney, hbo, etc have other businesses to alleviate that cost, and largely even if they spend, say 30 M per project, they have other ways of getting that back, and they can use their services to supplement those businesses.

Encanto made more money after being on D+, it did ok before that, but it became a HIT after, theyre now banking on toys, clothes, music, and can make it an attraction at disneyland if they like. That's the difference

You can say that but overlook the fact that Disney cut projects and businesses during the pandemic to focus more on Disney+. For all the projects that Disney has, the streaming service and everything encompassing it takes up the majority of their money and resources.

Once again, I don’t think you realize just how expensive a streaming service is to own and operate even for a company with bread like Disney. They have the same problems that Netflix does in needing insane amount of subscriber numbers to justify the costs.

They’re more alike than a lot of people are willing to admit.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's also where I was going with my post. It's not just the content and the watching of said content that makes money.
Netflix knows what makes money, canceling ozarks makes no sense, reboot it. The money making shows are safer then ever. Shows like cobra, stranger things etc will never end. They just need more shoes like that which are difficult to make

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
People say this but it’s false. If anyone is sniffing what they paid for cable tv packages monthly, they have 10x the amount of content than cable provided. Most folks aren’t near what cable tv cost
They’re getting there though.. Streaming sites are increasing yearly.. If they haven’t caught up to cable, they will eventually. I talk to people all the time and they’re shocked at what I pay for cable.. these are people with like YouTube tv, Netflix, etc. Cutting the cord was more beneficial when you were paying $7.99 a month or something. You can’t tell me you’re coming out better if you’re paying 20 for Netflix, 40 or so for YouTube, 10 or so for Disney, then you’re paying like 10 or something for Apple Music or Spotify or something… then you’re paying 50 or better for internet. They’re nickeling and dime ing people up to cable bill status.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They’re getting there though.. Streaming sites are increasing yearly.. If they haven’t caught up to cable, they will eventually. I talk to people all the time and they’re shocked at what I pay for cable.. these are people with like YouTube tv, Netflix, etc. Cutting the cord was more beneficial when you were paying $7.99 a month or something. You can’t tell me you’re coming out better if you’re paying 20 for Netflix, 40 or so for YouTube, 10 or so for Disney, then you’re paying like 10 or something for Apple Music or Spotify or something… then you’re paying 50 or better for internet. They’re nickeling and dime ing people up to cable bill status.

Wait until more and more internet companies start putting a cap on a wireless internet and charging extra for bandwidth. People forget that those internet companies are owned by the same cable providers that they cord cut from.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Wait until more and more internet companies start putting a cap on a wireless internet and charging extra for bandwidth. People forget that those internet companies are owned by the same cable providers that they cord cut from.

They do this now in low to no internet areas in america :scust: shyt is disgusting

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
You can say that but overlook the fact that Disney cut projects and businesses during the pandemic to focus more on Disney+. For all the projects that Disney has, the streaming service and everything encompassing it takes up the majority of their money and resources.

Once again, I don’t think you realize just how expensive a streaming service is to own and operate even for a company with bread like Disney. They have the same problems that Netflix does in needing insane amount of subscriber numbers to justify the costs.

They’re more alike than a lot of people are willing to admit.

It was also a pandemic which the restrictions of said pandemic are loosening more and more. They have many hats and are now looking into real estate. They aren't in the same situation as Netflix

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It was also a pandemic which the restrictions of said pandemic are loosening more and more. They have many hats and are now looking into real estate. They aren't in the same situation as Netflix

Many hats doesn’t change the fact that Disney+ is insanely expensive to own and operate, which is the same situation as Netflix and other streaming services. That’s the overall premise of my point.

We already saw that earlier this year when their stock took a hit because of subscriber numbers. They will need an insane amount to justify costs just like Netflix and others.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Those figures aren’t anywhere close to what cable tv packages were, and you have way more content. What’s the issue? You think cable tv was better than that combo which is far cheaper? Internet is being paid for regardless

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I actually enjoyed the anime they put out some great ones that other companies didn't invest in.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
they run their company like a fukking tech company and not like a TV studio, it is going to fail in the end.

it's why HBO is winning, they know TV/entertainment, disney too.

they are firing the wrong people.

I'd sell my stock now before it gets worse, if I was invested.
HBO is winning because they have the Warner Bros. catalog and everything that entails