And the Netflix bloodbath begins. Multiple execs fired, new shows canceled, anime studio slashed

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
not sure about that, why would the rest of the content creators agree with that? with the increased competition netflik has already thinking about dropping prices which is a win for everybody

I don't care if it's realistic or not, I'm just saying that would have been the best solution. I'd rather pay $50 a month for a Netflix with all of the content than paying $12 a month (or whatever they are thinking about dropping the price to) for current Netflix plus a half dozen or so other streaming services. I would know for a fact I'd be getting my $50 worth out of that one service rather than trying to keep track of the current bullshyt.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't care if it's realistic or not, I'm just saying that would have been the best solution. I'd rather pay $50 a month for a Netflix with all of the content than paying $12 a month (or whatever they are thinking about dropping the price to) for current Netflix plus a half dozen or so other streaming services. I would know for a fact I'd be getting my $50 worth out of that one service rather than trying to keep track of the current bullshyt.
Hey I wouldn’t worry, it’s very realistic. Once these streaming providers realize they make more money when there’s less choices it will happen. This is just a feeling out period because it’s new to the new providers

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They operate like the money is infinite. The amount of money they pump into their “big” shows is obscene when you consider how poorly many look. They’re allegedly spending 30mil an episode on the new Strange Things season. For reference at its most expensive, Game Of Thrones - arguably the best looking television show of all time (CGI, locations, costumes etc) - cost 15mil per episode in the final seasons. There’s no excuse for that.

Stranger Things doesn't even look like they spent that much.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Not sure if anyone said it, but Amazon needs to put a call in. Prime could sell for $20+ easily if they scooped their content.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
The downfall is kind of crazy especially because how innovative they were to start the streaming. I guess once the real companies realized there is money in this and took their content off Netflix, Netflix didn't have enough content.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I see twitter people on a certain political spectrum saying this is because of woke content but...that's BS. Netflix has always targeted specific demographics with content. They have stuff for gay people, stuff for black people, stuff for white women, stuff for nerds, etc. Sure we can all agree it's a good idea to have as much diversity as possible to reel in subscribers right. And there isn't a lot of mix up. When I log into Netflix I never get recommended gay shyt because I've never clicked on any gay shyt, unless you count Moonlight (great movie btw). I'm sure there are plenty of white people who never get recommended random black shows.

They're getting fukked by the password thing, stagnant content, few major shows people care about, and most importantly...the competition is great right now.