And the Netflix bloodbath begins. Multiple execs fired, new shows canceled, anime studio slashed

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
True but they're not stretching the content out better, especially their top shows is killing them. Spending billions and billions on content only for the shows and movies to canablize each other and have an extremely short self life isn't working either. HBOMax probably had the best spacing for releases. Disney the worst as they seem to only make life 4-5 shows a year and live off the Marvel & Star Wars content

Well disney's kid content is spaced very well. The content for you and me is only 4 to 5 shows a year, but in 5-10 years we'll likely have kids which means that we're probably keeping D+ anyway :russ:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Much to do about nothing... Let me know when at the same time netflix numbers go down people start paying 100 dollars for cable tv again

A lot of this shyt has been going on at netflix for years its just that now the media is trying to be dramatic about it

"TV execs getting fired"...uh go look at how many execs at nbc, abc, hbo, etc, get fired ever year...

"Shows getting cancelled"...uh got look at how many shows for nbc, abc, cbs, get cancelled every year...
Breh if cable was just 100 Netflix would've never had any success :skip:

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
I wish Netflix had found a way to monopolize streaming and box out everyone else. Capitalism has made it to where competition isn't even good for the consumer anymore. Netflix as the one stop shop for streaming would be so much better than all of these other subscription services competing with each other. I fukking HATE IT HERE.
Netflix is trash and has been for over a decade
U bugging.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish Netflix had found a way to monopolize streaming and box out everyone else. Capitalism has made it to where competition isn't even good for the consumer anymore. Netflix as the one stop shop for streaming would be so much better than all of these other subscription services competing with each other. I fukking HATE IT HERE.

not sure about that, why would the rest of the content creators agree with that? with the increased competition netflik has already thinking about dropping prices which is a win for everybody

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.

We had a one stop shop and it was FREE. It was antenna tv. We gotta bring it back and make it truly competitive.

Saturday morning cartoons. NBA on NBC. The golden age of sitcoms.

Network TV never recovered after the writers strike and Breaking Bad (with help from Netflix) catching fire.

We gotta get these old folks and their police procedurals out the paint.

:mjcry:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Honestly, this.

I mindfully went through my expenses this week to kill so many subscription services I no longer use. If they all combined into one this would have been much easier to track, but that's the new hustle today. If a company can get you for a subscription service, they will and they've started. Sites like udemy are doing this now.

After housecleaning I found I wasn't using ~3/4 of them (not just streaming, but many other subscriptions) which was about $100-150 every month.

Again, these guys don't care if you subscribe and don't watch a single show or even use their platform. They only care if you subscribe because they get paid either way whether you spend hundreds of hours on their platform or none.

I think subscriptions are good for music (although crappy for the artists) where Spotify tends to kind of dominate - which makes it easier. However, all these disjointed platforms for these movies, those shows, this live channel, this broadcast, this sporting event, etc. all make this shyt more complicated and more like cabletv where you're just spending a bunch of money on extra material you don't use.

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to mention that it’d essentially be cable all over again.

with so many steaming sites now, it does get confusing. eventually i expect some sites to team up with each other and create a cartel like situation where each individual site is forced to choose a side and I expect Netflix to lead the way

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
with so many steaming sites now, it does get confusing. eventually i expect some sites to team up with each other and create a cartel like situation where each individual site is forced to choose a side and I expect Netflix to lead the way
Disney/espn/Hulu did this alrwady