Amsterdam’s underwater parking garage fits 7,000 bicycles and zero cars

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
A lot of American diesel pickup drivers in here, it seems
Nope.

I actually think this is an ironic point.

Easy example:

These people that OP claims are a "30 year organization blah blah blah" have been going to great lengths to getting rid of the BQE in NYC, which anyone can tell you is one of the major highways in NYC.

Now they'll say "No no we just want it repaired we want it fixed...the Cantilever is falling apart"

But that's because there hasn't been proper truck enforcement on those routes which causes overweight trucks to fukk up the road, NOT use designated truck routes, and then cause traffic and issues in local residential neighborhoods.

All of this could be solved by that increased traffic enforcement on the BQE.

That cantilever could have been fixed, at least 5-7 years ago off the top of my head.

You know what's holding it back? Groups like Trans Alt et al. pressuring politicians and pressuring City Agencies to spin in circles regarding the entire thing.

What they want is for that section of the BQE to collapse so that they can say "SEE?? WE TOLD YOU SO!" when the thing could have been repaired years ago

THAT is what our infrastructure should be used on....but that's the thing...when they say "Aye we need more money for infrastructure" that's not what they're talking about

They mean cramming bike lanes into neighborhoods without residents input, they mean taking away parking spots in residential areas, they mean things like "Open Streets" organizations which are run by....that's right...you guessed it...young white gentrifiers who just move to neighborhoods in NYC (especially the Black ones) and claim to speak for the residents because City Council members place them on Community Boards, which essentially means the shyt is getting done regardless of who says no.

I've have detailed this shyt before in threads with him before, but again, not everyone knows, or even cares, they just look at it as

"Damn bro he's just posting about bikes....why are you so mad?"

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That’s cool and all but America isn’t Europe & Europe isn’t America.

fukk riding a bike everywhere..

You going to meet a chick for the first time..you got some new clothes and cologne for the event, but you gotta ride your bike 3-8 miles to some place to meet her..get there you be all sweaty with swamp ass :camby:

Or say she tells you to pull up..your goofy ass on a bike sweating up a storm & gotta shower and change when you get there

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Started reading some of the answers here and got nauseous. The fact y'all can actually get mad at this is insane, it's not even your country or your taxes paying for this :mjlol:

Anyway I remember seeing the works for this parking last time I was there. As someone who enjoys cities (I don't even ride bikes) the less cars you have the better it is. Just walking around, less pollution, less noise, less chaos...I can't understand how anyone could get mad at that lmao. Then again some people are against universal healthcare so...

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I told ya'll this is all OP does

Look at the threads on the first page of TLR

This is ALL HE DOES

He is a toadie/shill for gentrifier CACS and colonizers, specifically within urban settings, but he is not limited to that

Every single thread:

- Bikes
- Bike Lanes
- Cars are bad
- Density (Masked as being pro-housing and pro affordable housing when its really for luxury development as seen in NYC)
He’s a shill bot.

Not even sure he understands what he’s shilling.

He’s the left leaning version of the 10 or so clowns here who post whatever’s trending in the right wing ecosystem.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That’s cool and all but America isn’t Europe & Europe isn’t America.

fukk riding a bike everywhere..

You going to meet a chick for the first time..you got some new clothes and cologne for the event, but you gotta ride your bike 3-8 miles to some place to meet her..get there you be all sweaty with swamp ass :camby:

Or say she tells you to pull up..your goofy ass on a bike sweating up a storm & gotta shower and change when you get there
That's the thing breh

What they do is propagandize drivers as selfish psychopaths who are generally one gas pedal pump away from mowing down your child as they were crossing the street to get ice cream.

Meanwhile, most drivers in NYC are pretty reasonable and are just trying to go about their business and get from point A to point B.

You know how you could make a lot of streets safer in NYC? Speed bumps. Better light signals. Better timing.

You know how you could get a lot of bad drivers off the road? All these people with hundreds or even thousands in tickets and speeding violations?

REMOVE THEM FROM THE STREET.

Not boot them.

REMOVE THEM.

But again...these aren't the solutions that these organizations that OP shills for want. They want ALL CARS GONE PERIOD.

He knows this but he knows if they say this....straight up...with no room for a middle ground, people will look at them like they're on drugs.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He’s a shill bot.

Not even sure he understands what he’s shilling.

He’s the left leaning version of the 10 or so clowns here who post whatever’s trending in the right wing ecosystem.
Bro I had to really really really sit down and do the science on it.

Here's a really simple example: Ydanis Rodriguez (City Council "Progressive" Shill) is the Commissioner of the DOT

He has

- ZERO experience in City Planning
- ZERO experience in Transportation

Appointed by Eric Adams 🙄

He was actually arrested during the protests that were happening in NYC a few years ago...I think for the George Floyd shyt

You'll notice that A LOT of the current NYC Officials have taken that same route where they got arrested for protesting so it looks really good on paper that they're progressive and fighting for the rights of the little guy. They are not.

He's not. Dude lives on the UWS and has two whips if I'm not mistaken.

He does TONS of photo ops for Transportation Alternatives and their gentrifiers in NYC (Kathy Park Price, Gersh, Mike Lydon, etc.) and even had a big press conference the other day where he was like "The future of NYC is CAR FREE" because that's what these people ultimately want, which is all cars removed from cities UNLESS it's provided to you via rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft. Otherwise, you move at the pleasure of "the state".

He's basically trying to get an around the back pass from Eric Adams and run for Mayor after Adams unsuccessfully runs for President, FAILS, and crawls back to NYC with his tail between his legs.

And one of the things he'll be able to run on is....that's right....you guessed it..."Public Safety" and making the city "safer" for residents.

Textbook political clownery.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I already told ya'll...there are TONS of places in NYC that could have reasonable public safety improvements and I can point them out if you'd like

But it's not about that....he's not about that...nor are the organizations he carries water for, under the guise of being progressive or on "the left"

It's about "getting rid of cars"

bnew

Veteran
Daps
That's the thing breh

What they do is propagandize drivers as selfish psychopaths who are generally one gas pedal pump away from mowing down your child as they were crossing the street to get ice cream.

Meanwhile, most drivers in NYC are pretty reasonable and are just trying to go about their business and get from point A to point B.

You know how you could make a lot of streets safer in NYC? Speed bumps. Better light signals. Better timing.

You know how you could get a lot of bad drivers off the road? All these people with hundreds or even thousands in tickets and speeding violations?

REMOVE THEM FROM THE STREET.

Not boot them.

REMOVE THEM.

But again...these aren't the solutions that these organizations that OP shills for want. They want ALL CARS GONE PERIOD.

He knows this but he knows if they say this....straight up...with no room for a middle ground, people will look at them like they're on drugs.
tenor.gif

what if I told you it's not enough:sas2:

we need bollards especially on traffic islands.

mini roundabouts to put an end to people speeding through intersections.

we need to prohibit parking within a certain distance of a crosswalks to remove blind-spots for drivers, pedestrians, & cyclists.