Amsterdam’s underwater parking garage fits 7,000 bicycles and zero cars

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Bro I had to really really really sit down and do the science on it.

Here's a really simple example: Ydanis Rodriguez (City Council "Progressive" Shill) is the Commissioner of the DOT

He has

- ZERO experience in City Planning
- ZERO experience in Transportation

Appointed by Eric Adams 🙄

He was actually arrested during the protests that were happening in NYC a few years ago...I think for the George Floyd shyt

You'll notice that A LOT of the current NYC Officials have taken that same route where they got arrested for protesting so it looks really good on paper that they're progressive and fighting for the rights of the little guy. They are not.

He's not. Dude lives on the UWS and has two whips if I'm not mistaken.

He does TONS of photo ops for Transportation Alternatives and their gentrifiers in NYC (Kathy Park Price, Gersh, Mike Lydon, etc.) and even had a big press conference the other day where he was like "The future of NYC is CAR FREE" because that's what these people ultimately want, which is all cars removed from cities UNLESS it's provided to you via rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft. Otherwise, you move at the pleasure of "the state".

He's basically trying to get an around the back pass from Eric Adams and run for Mayor after Adams unsuccessfully runs for President, FAILS, and crawls back to NYC with his tail between his legs.

And one of the things he'll be able to run on is....that's right....you guessed it..."Public Safety" and making the city "safer" for residents.

Textbook political clownery.
is there a progressive you don't consider a shill?:heh:

what transportation experience are you looking for exactly?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
tenor.gif

what if I told you it's not enough:sas2:

we need bollards especially on traffic islands.

mini roundabouts to put an end to people speeding through intersections.

we need to prohibit parking within a certain distance of a crosswalks to remove blind-spots for drivers, pedestrians, & cyclists.
As I have said, you talk a good game but having really sat down and analyzed

- Who are these organizations
- Where do they get their funding
- How some certain things get done that make total sense but other things that make ZERO sense get done despite resistance from the community
- Who are on these Community Boards?
- Who places them there?
- Why do City Council members respond and champion certain things but other things they :whistle:

I started following the money. I started learning who the players are, where the money goes, who is working what campaign for who, who is funding this, who works for what org

It is literally all the left wing version of the GOP.

You just really really believe in your ideal and will defend it to no end while using words, terms, and visuals to prey upon the emotions and feelings of people who can't look past politicians ambitions for higher office and greater control over the lives of people.

Daps

- How some certain things get done that make total sense but other things that make ZERO sense get done despite resistance from the community
- Who places them there?
- Why do City Council members respond and champion certain things but other things they :whistle:

I started following the money. I started learning who the players are, where the money goes, who is working what campaign for who, who is funding this, who works for what org

You just really really believe in your ideal and will defend it to no end while using words, terms, and visuals to prey upon the emotions and feelings of people who can't look past politicians ambitions for higher office and greater control over the lives of people.
You're still equating people using data driven information to suggest more efficient ways to build and run cities to actual Nazis/Fascists :heh:

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
65 million is a drop in the bucket. It'll be at capacity in no time, and they'll have to build even more. The Dutch supporting bikes via infrastructure has made their cities better, people happier, and healthier.

:wow:

Not in the current clime when every country in Europe is bleeding.

If they have a bike problem in the city - something similar to what Boris Johnson did when he was the Mayor of London (I’m not even a fan of Boris) with Boris bikes, is better.

All these fancy projects that require a lot of maintenance are money drinking ventures. And they’re not necessary in the current clime.

Daps
Not in the current clime when every country in Europe is bleeding.

If they have a bike problem in the city - something similar to what Boris Johnson did when he was the Mayor of London (I’m not even a fan of Boris) with Boris bikes, is better.

All these fancy projects that require a lot of maintenance are money drinking ventures. And they’re not necessary in the current clime.
Ignoring ROI on less cars on the road

bnew

Veteran
Daps

- Who places them there?

did it ever occur to you that the current way of doing things was done through heavy lobbying by the automobile industry and special interests steering the way public transportation was placed in certain neighborhoods?

I ride my bike and constantly get annoyed because a lot of routes are unsafe for cyclists and i'm not trying to get a ghost bike dedicated to me.

Daps
The hardcore pro cyclist crowd is willingly ignoring the elderly, disabled, and physically impaired community. Which is ironic considering it's also a very left leaning crowd.

Oh and also WEATHER.
Once again this ignores the ROI on public health, beefing up public transportation and lower costs for all groups. No one seemingly cares about that but will happily poor billions into a football stadium that routinely has no ROI towards the city or it's citizens.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Once again this ignores the ROI on public health, beefing up public transportation and lower costs for all groups. No one seemingly cares about that but will happily poor billions into a football stadium that routinely has no ROI towards the city or it's citizens.
A couple things. Dedicating money to bike transportation is not the exact same as beefing up public transportation. So, if you believe the public health savings will subsequently be redirected to public transportation for the groups I'm referring to, the elderly, physically disabled or impaired community, you are showing faith in not only the ROI in bike infrastructure, but the proper allocation thereafter to those services for those groups. Do you have that faith?

Secondly, what I'm referring to really is the belief or imagine that hardcore pro cyclist paint that drivers are all pushing SUVs by themselves to run inefficient errands. The groups I mentioned are probably too vulnerable to stand outside for a bus unless they absolutely must. Do they not matter?

I like bikes, I ride lime bikes every single day in the summer, and it's a preferred method for me in Seattle for trips < 5 miles which is like most of my spring and summer hangs. But I'm also an able bodied adult.

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
The hardcore pro cyclist crowd is willingly ignoring the elderly, disabled, and physically impaired community. Which is ironic considering it's also a very left leaning crowd.

Oh and also WEATHER.

The infrastructure improvements benefit them as well. In the Netherlands, they have these mini-electric vehicles that can also ride the bike lanes. Also, when you push for more physical activity in society, you get people who age better, and are able to be active for longer. A lot of old people bike there. With cities designed around people (rather than cars), you also have more important things in reach, places that don't require people to travel long distances.

And to top it all off, driving is better when the streets aren't crowded with cars. If the disabled/elderly want/need to drive, they can.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Oh and also WEATHER.
charliemurphy-wrong.gif

wheelchairs users and the elderly in motorized scooters can use bike lanes. they do in NYC often in some areas because the sidewalks can be uneven.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
charliemurphy-wrong.gif

wheelchairs users and the elderly in motorized scooters can use bike lanes. they do in NYC often in some areas because the sidewalks can be uneven.

So disabled people must live adjacent in the bike lanes or they can't get around? I mean if that's your basis fine, but the lack of consideration that a car or van is by far their best travel is telling.

It's whatever you, you have the "I have a rebuttal to everything" type argument method which isn't actual discourse.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Ignoring ROI on less cars on the road
Hence I cited Boris bikes as a better alternative. Less maintenance & cost effective while achieving the same thing.

I think people need to always factor in cost of maintenance when embarking on fancy projects.