Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
But Jay Z peddled poison to his own people for a profit. That is the definition of a sell-out. That type of c00nery is acceptable though to mainstream black America, so he gets a pass

Is Jay-Z your go-to negro answer for the ills of black society?? You need to back down from your pedestal. Valerie Jarret was the Chief Executive of The Habitat Company, which managed a number of public housing complexes in Chicago as part of an "urban renewal project".. a project which was eventually seized by the federal government due to various financial problems and maintenance issues.

"Reports emerged of uninhabitable units with collapsed roofs, fire damage, mice infestations, and sewage backups. In 2006, federal inspectors graded the condition of the complex an 11 on a 100-point scale, a score so bad the buildings were demolished in 2011."

But that's not the definition of a sell-out tho either??? profiting off poor blacks, leaving a section of the city homeless along with substandard housing conditions?

oh.. let's not overlook the fact that there were a total of approx. 23,000 public housing apartments under her "direction".

There's levels to this... difference between a means of survival and acquiring wealth through an inflated sense of ego and greed. Low level criminal offenses in comparison to corporate ethics and profitization/exploitation of social /public services.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Is Jay-Z your go-to negro answer for the ills of black society?? You need to back down from your pedestal. Valerie Jarret was the Chief Executive of The Habitat Company, which managed a number of public housing complexes in Chicago as part of an "urban renewal project".. a project which was eventually seized by the federal government due to various financial problems and maintenance issues.

"Reports emerged of uninhabitable units with collapsed roofs, fire damage, mice infestations, and sewage backups. In 2006, federal inspectors graded the condition of the complex an 11 on a 100-point scale, a score so bad the buildings were demolished in 2011."

But that's not the definition of a sell-out tho either??? profiting off poor blacks, leaving a section of the city homeless and substandard housing conditions?

I'm a pretty objective person. Again, and I think I mentioned this, I'm happy for all of their success, whether it's Jarrett's family, Jay Z's family, Lil Wayne and Cash Money. I acknowledge they all did some shyt. What I was addressing was the bias that many of us have with Jay Z and how we gloss over his dirt because we identify with him more than some of the other folks mentioned in this thread. And he was only used as an example because someone else brought him up as being a "real nikka" and making his money, in a way that was implied the "black way".

As for Valerie, she got her start when Harold Washington became Mayor. She took the position of CEO of the Habitat Company, which was already having issues, and she took the brunt of all the accusations against the company. From that, she got the reputation of being a slum lord which wasn't wholly accurate.

invalid

Banned
Daps

Also, can you link what article you're pulling this from? I know the Habitat had some affordable housing units, but mostly they managed apartments and condominiums in and around downtown. Many of the low-income housing projects are under the Chicago Housing Authority. Some of the details just appear to be a bit conjangled.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
oh.. let's not overlook the fact that there were a total of approx. 23,000 public housing apartments under her "direction".

This isn't true. Not sure where you're pulling this information from. The Habitat Company does not manage over 23.000 public housing apartments. Public housing is under the direction of the Chicago Housing Authority.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
She was known for being a slum lord

Slum lord is putting it mildly... you think??..and yet you failed to mention this in your post or in your comparison to the negative effects of selling out and c00ning in order to make a profit.

and thanks for proving my point about how educational attainment and wealth accumulation does not set the standard for "black excellence"..

There are individuals in black society throughout history who have made substantial contributions through leadership, sacrifice, and solidarity (without resorting to manipulating and exploiting their own communities); without catering to corporate interests or controls, or appealing to a white standard of power. Do your own historical research beyond this "google facts" attempt at enlightenment. My suggestion is to expand your entire thought process beyond white mainstream's definition of excellence and stop using the white acceptability standards of power and influence. Then instead of repeatedly telling "us" angry blacks (as you state), what to post or contribute to YOUR thread, you provide an update.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This isn't true. Not sure where you're pulling this information from. The Habitat Company does not manage over 23.000 public housing apartments. Public housing is under the direction of the Chicago Housing Authority.

ummmm.. Valerie Jarrett made the statement directly herself... ""Government is just not as good at owning and managing as the private sector because the incentives are not there," said Jarrett, whose company manages more than 23,000 apartments. "I would argue that someone living in a poor neighborhood that isn't 100 percent public housing is by definition better off." and the government seized the property, which is why it is under the division of Chicago Housing Authority, to date. If I'm wrong, then prove it... unlike you, I can accept when I'm wrong or right about something.

Maybe you should FACT CHECK, before you make a direct statement. At this point, I'm off this thread... not debating or getting into discussions with someone who can't even substantiate their claims. Pointless.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
housing is under the direction of the Chicago Housing Authority

I actually just took the effort to look it up instead of jumping to wrong conclusions like you have done... The Habitat Co is the appointed property manager for the Chicago Housing Authority; therefore, Habit Co was under the direction of the Chicago Housing Authority for which, Valerie Jarrett was the chief executive. either way, shyt was a major fail.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
ummmm.. Valerie Jarrett made the statement directly herself... ""Government is just not as good at owning and managing as the private sector because the incentives are not there," said Jarrett, whose company manages more than 23,000 apartments. "I would argue that someone living in a poor neighborhood that isn't 100 percent public housing is by definition better off." and the government seized the property, which is why it is under the division of Chicago Housing Authority, to date. If I'm wrong, then prove it... unlike you, I can accept when I'm wrong or right about something.

Maybe you should FACT CHECK, before you make a direct statement. At this point, I'm off this thread... not debating or getting into discussions with someone who can't even substantiate their claims. Pointless.

:picard: you mad af about who OP listed. Are you gonna post a family that fits your own definitions or just be mad?

invalid

Banned
Daps
Slum lord is putting it mildly... you think??..and yet you failed to mention this in your post or in your comparison to the negative effects of selling out and c00ning in order to make a profit.

and thanks for proving my point about how educational attainment and wealth accumulation does not set the standard for "black excellence"..

There are individuals in black society throughout history who have made substantial contributions through leadership, sacrifice, and solidarity (without resorting to manipulating and exploiting their own communities); without catering to corporate interests or controls, or appealing to a white standard of power. Do your own historical research beyond this "google facts" attempt at enlightenment. My suggestion is to expand your entire thought process beyond white mainstream's definition of excellence and stop using the white acceptability standards of power and influence. Then instead of repeatedly telling "us" angry blacks (as you state), what to post or contribute to YOUR thread, you provide an update.

You've posted some misinformation and now you just appear angry. So yes, you do light the fire to the angry black stereotype.

I've been more than agreeable.

said Jarrett, whose company manages more than 23,000 apartments

And also you lack comprehension. Valerie didn't state she "manages 23,000 apartments". That was an addendum to a statement that she supposedly made. Furthermore, it does not state that the 23,000 apartments were all public housing. Again, public housing is under the domain of the Chicago Housing Authority.

Why don't you stop bullshytting and post the link to the article\

How Obama and Valerie Jarrett Helped Launch Their Political Careers in an Outrageous 'Urban Renewal' Scheme

That's right, you were referencing an article from an extremist site like alternet.

Please leave, yo angry ass has done nothing but sully the discussion in this thread.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
These families will be white in a 100 years
rus-smiling.jpg

make it 10...