Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
you mad af about who OP listed. Are you gonna post a family that fits your own definitions or just be mad?

Not mad at all.. it's called a constructive argument. And this is your only contribution to the thread, to assess or point out what you consider to be mad, on my part? I'm good. But thanks for letting me know how I feel.

bx.lion

Banned
Daps
I admire these people's success but op gotta realize these people as successful as they are truly live in a bubble isolated from the rest of black society. Thanks for the drop but they are not exactly paragons of black excellence but simply constant reminders of the circles most will never be able to participate in regardless of wealth.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Why don't you stop bullshytting and post the link to the article\

How Obama and Valerie Jarrett Helped Launch Their Political Careers in an Outrageous 'Urban Renewal' Scheme

That's right, you were referencing an article from an extremist site like alternet.

Let's try that again.. Not unless you consider, The Boston Globe, Forbes, DNA Info, Stanford University, Chicago Housing Authority site, The Guardian, Washington Post, New York Times... "extremist sites". Should I post citations/links or you want to google again?

You sound mad tho? u alright? Have a good night. Like I said. Pointless.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I admire these people's success but op gotta realize these people as successful as they are truly live in a bubble isolated from the rest of black society. Thanks for the drop but they are not exactly paragons of black excellence but simply constant reminders of the circles most will never be able to participate in regardless of wealth.

You've missed the point. I don't believe most black people let alone most Americans will ever reach this level of success. I don't believe most rappers and aspiring rappers are going to reach the level of success of Jay, Diddy or Dre. I don't believe most black athletes or aspiring athletes will reach the success of Kobe, Curry, or Jordan.

The point of this thread was simply to highlight those that have reached that level highlighting what they did to get there. And to encourage others to do the same.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State

Can you explain this further.

Is it because theyre mostly light skin? Have degrees? Rich?

Im asking, because as a brown skin black woman i have no problem seeing them as black excellence (Minus the Tuskegee doctor). I have people in my own family of a light complexion and i dont think they should be excluded from the concept of black excellence because of their skin tone or if they went to college.

My bae #1 is very light skin with green eyes. But hes black. Has 2 sets of black parents and grandparents. (One Portuguese great grandparent on momz side). He has a masters and his family owns quite a bit of farmland in the south. They aint broke. Most of his siblings have degrees. They donate to some causes and are big supporters of breast cancer research. - would they also not be considered to have black excellence since they didnt have a really hard upbringing?

Serious question.

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
Bilderberg... ??? Tuskegee Study??? Chicago Jarrett family- Regardless of pedigree and credentials seems like familiy ties and pedigree had some nefarious/shady dealings and connections.

The Tuskegee Study lasted 40 yrs- 40 years of lies, misinformation and racism for the medical treatment (lack of) black men. Intentionally withholding medical necessities for experimentation. That is part of this family’s legacy. Noted as the “most unethical, infamous, biomedical research study in medical history” .

And that’s just one public example of how this family became “prominent”. No telling what else could have taken place behind closed doors.

Then the comment about the only black man being invited to an all white attendee secret society conference known for promoting their capitalist and elitist agenda is nothing to brag about. That’s like bragging about a black man being invited to a kkk rally or neo-nazi party. Hmmm... wonder why they picked him as the “chosen one”.

@Wild self - these so called “examples of black excellence”
the only bilderberg I seen so far, is Vernon Jordan.... he's been a sitting member for a minute now.

bx.lion

Banned
Daps
You've missed the point. I don't believe most black people let alone most Americans will ever reach this level of success. I don't believe most rappers and aspiring rappers are going to reach the level of success of Jay, Diddy or Dre. I don't believe most black athletes or aspiring athletes will reach the success of Kobe, Curry, or Jordan.

The point of this thread was simply to highlight those that have reached that level highlighting what they did to get there. And to encourage others to do the same.
I have nothing against their success which is what we all strive for but these people are elitist which is what I have a problem with. The moment inclusion into those circles factors in things you can't control such as lineage, background etc that's where I draw the line. Take a look at this article The Obamas Are NOT Elite – And, That Is Fine With Me - Jack & Jill Politics. Now this was during the primaries before he became president but if this the sentiment in these circles I don't see why they should be praised considering that most AAs are poor/working class.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
For most of the 20th Century , the most powerful family in Harlem was the
Powell family.

Adam Clayton Powell Sr.
5122_113949594475.jpg

Adam Clayton Powell Jr.
powell_adam_clayton2.jpg

that crack house building in New Jack City is located on his street on 116th.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s an entire book highlighting the most powerful families, especially regarding old-guard families, and this is an interesting thread.

If you look at the families that have a strong HBCU legacy, are more than two generations deep in the Divine 9, Boule, Links, Girlfriends, etc. or the descendants of a lot of the “pioneers” in different academic fields, you find them.