invalid

Banned
Daps
I wonder how these Boule ass nikkas feel about Hov. Imagine the streets nikkas they used to clown is richer than them.

:wow:

I mean, I'm happy for their success, like I'm happy to see all blacks make it.

But Jay Z peddled poison to his own people for a profit. That is the definition of a sell-out. That type of c00nery is acceptable though to mainstream black America, so he gets a pass.

Like I mentioned before, you not gonna reach any real level of success without having done some nefarious shyt. This thread was to spotlight the good and the bad.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Are you thinking of the book, "Our Kind Of People" by Lawrence Otis Graham?

5186r-YSiFL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

nope, I actually have that book. And upon googling again it looks like parts of the doc have been posted to Vimeo and YouTube :banderas:

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
I mean, I'm happy for their success, like I'm happy to see all blacks make it.

But Jay Z peddled poison to his own people for a profit. That is the definition of a sell-out. That type of c00nery is acceptable though to mainstream black America, so he gets a pass.

Like I mentioned before, you not gonna reach any real level of success without having done some nefarious shyt. This thread was to spotlight the good and the bad.

He didn't have the luxury or the access these families did. He did the real nikka route. Self made. He's kids is gonna be one of them. Big facts.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
instead of ninjas getting mad

Really.... that's where you're going with this?? referring to people who do not agree with your definition or measurement of 'success' as ninjas??? devolving to name calling and referring to black people who oppose your viewpoint as "angry" ?? So in essence, you're referring to us as angry blacks - which is a label promoted by white supremacist. That's NOT black excellence, op.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Really.... that's where you're going with this?? referring to people who do not agree with your definition or measurement of 'success' as ninjas??? devolving to name calling and referring to black people who oppose your viewpoint as "angry" ?? So in essence, you're referring to us as angry blacks - which is a label promoted by white supremacist. That's NOT black excellence, op.

My bad b :whoa:

It's all love.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
My goodness, can y’all for once not be myopic idiots and stick to the thread topic. :why: OP made it more than clear you can post up any black family from any type of venture as an example. So instead of spending post after post shytting on his examples (which it’s mainly the first y’all have issues with), just contribute.

Damn, this could be a helpful thread for those who want to share this type of info with (their) kids and/or who want to see black American success stories.

invalid

Banned
Daps
They had to c00n too to gain their positions. So it's all relevant.

Which is the point. You accept Jay Z's level of c00nery because you see yourself in him. You see people you know in him. He comes from your definition of "blackness". He comes from a neighborhood that maybe looks like yours or one that your family lives in.

You don't accept the others because they came from a place of privilege. And "privilege" is not something you associate with being black. So their dirt is worse than Jay Zs.

It's all the same thing.

They're all black, the privileged and the hood. The good and the bad.