America will NEVER be for black people. EVER.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
It has nothing to do with who the country belongs to, it has to do with who is in power.

Then why say America belongs to Native Americas then? :rudy:

You realize you are undermining the work that's being done and continuing to be done? And if you are doing your part, you're undermining yourself. :comeon:

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
For all you nikkas trying to save Babylon...this place is done. All this community building talk is not going to happen with a nation of zombies. There is only one remedy:

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
saying you didn't have it bad so black people by extension also don't have it that bad is poor logic. Anecdotal evidence like that contradicts the many other millions who get shyt on everyday.
I disagree, I think my personal experience is very relevant in the particular context of the argument I was making which wasn't exclusively about policing, but more so the opportunity's that blacks have when it comes to getting an education, job, and housing. And unless you think my experience is a complete out lire, and that on average smart, hardworking, decent black ppl are oppressed when it comes to succeeding at college, and etc, than please by all means establish the evidence that proves that to be the case because I honestly have never seen it to a degree were I would consider it a blatant problem, or experienced it myself. And that's the criteria that I personally use to determine the potential quality for life in america for black ppl.

Now I repeat, I am not saying its perfect. I am not saying policing isn't focus on poor black communities. I am not saying this country hasn't done anything thing to hurt the black community(crack, killin black leaders, liberals, etc). I am simply saying I don't see any evidence that black ppl have to do anything wild extra to succeed in the specific domains that I spoke about. If you wan't to make the counter argument that blacks have a weaker family unit, or less money which makes it harder to succeed at things like school than that's not necessarily proof that the country in its current state is trying to hold is us there, or that its a race issue rather than income equality issue which isn't a exclusive trait for black ppl.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I have had experiences on both sides. I've had African and Carribean brothas and sistas embrace me. And it even got to the point where my African homie put me up in house last summer when I visited Uganda for the first time. So I have nothing but love for everyone from the Diaspora to the continent.

But I've also experienced the other side of the coin through my community work and social interactions where I've seen first hand the stances that alot of African and Carribbean family take on African American social and political issues. I can't keep count of the many times I've had African and Carribbeans brehs deny institutional racism and inequality that African Americans face in this country simply because they don't experience it first hand. I can't count how many times I would hear the same racist shyt white people say come of out the mouths of African and Carribbean brehs. A good number of them don't necessarily understand the shyt African Americans have had to go through in this country historically up until today. And don't get me started on the negative perceptions that they hold when it comes African Americans. There are legitimate beefs between both groups here man.

Years ago in my city there was a proposal brought forward that would give African American business owners and developers grant money to revitalize black neighborhoods and leaders from the immigrant community opposed the idea because they didn't like the idea of only African Americans getting that grant money at the expense of non-blacks. It was as if they didn't realize that this would be a win for them as well because they are black people but they didn't see it that way. Eventually the proposal was shot down and never got off the ground after that. This was nearly 7 years ago and instead of getting urban development with black business owners in it's place, we get gentrification instead that has the opposite effect on poor communities. There is a much needed dialogue on the subject in my opinion but it has to be between all of us and not just one of us. That's just my opinion.

I must have been lucky because I've never experienced any discrimination from Africans or Caribbeans. Now are there African/Caribbean c00ns? Absolutely and I view them the same way I view American c00ns and just wait for them to receive their wake up call :mjpls:

The bolded is 100% true, but that's not exclusive to black people from other countries. Most black people in this country really don't know the history of our oppression. They know about the civil rights movement and slavery, but ask them about the black codes, redlining, or meritorious manumission and they'll be like :dwillhuh:

Most black Americans don't know that the Caribbean had some of the most inhumane form of slavery of that time period, that 5 times as many African slaves were sent to South America than the US, or that the King Leopold slaughtered 10's of millions of Africans in the Congo for his rubber empire.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Either black people are going to take over this country and sit in the highest seat or stay at the lowest row of the totem pole and succumb to the inevitable. Or form a Black nation state in Africa(I.e. Israel).

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Either black people are going to take over this country and sit in the highest seat or stay at the lowest row of the totem pole and succumb to the inevitable. Or form a Black nation state in Africa(I.e. Israel).
i am sorry, are the jews wanted in that area? When I read your post, I instantly thought of the afrikans. You can't go to other people's home and set up shop. This is your home. Don't every forget that.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
That's because black Americans have the luxury of being natives, Africans don't - they create their own ethnic organizations. That's a struggle I've had as a kid being that I felt native born, but I had direct lineage to Africa through my mother. There's a huge misunderstanding there because there are refugees, and there are native borns. Those refugees faced a different struggle, starvation and poverty and essentially running away from their own countries and living in camps due to civil war. Black Americans face systemic racism. Even Latin Americans. There's even differences between blacks of the New World (ex. Afro - Latinos, Afro Carribeans, African Americans).
I understand all of this and have been told stories like this by many of my friends. Thanks for sharing.

I must have been lucky because I've never experienced any discrimination from Africans or Caribbeans. Now are there African/Caribbean c00ns? Absolutely and I view them the same way I view American c00ns and just wait for them to receive their wake up call :mjpls:

The bolded is 100% true, but that's not exclusive to black people from other countries. Most black people in this country really don't know the history of our oppression. They know about the civil rights movement and slavery, but ask them about the black codes, redlining, or meritorious manumission and they'll be like :dwillhuh:

Most black Americans don't know that the Caribbean had some of the most inhumane form of slavery of that time period, that 5 times as many African slaves were sent to South America than the US, or that the King Leopold slaughtered 10's of millions of Africans in the Congo for his rubber empire.

I'm aware the most of us don't know alot about each other when it comes to history, but issues on widespread inequality, police brutality, and economic and political advancement are issues that we all should be able to understand and agree on and I find that attitude of not understanding those issues more in the immigrant communities than I do the African American community. There are legitimate issues here that each side needs to pan out so we can all get this money, power, and advance as one people.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Then why say America belongs to Native Americas then? :rudy:

You realize you are undermining the work that's being done and continuing to be done? And if you are doing your part, you're undermining yourself. :comeon:

:dahell: yo are bleeding between your legs or something cause you not even making sense right now.

I already said this country belong to the native peoples. The same way I said Jamaica belongs to the Taino's.

But Indians have essentially 0 power in this country so the fact that this is their land is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is who has military, political, and economic power and that's what I'm trying to help my people to understand.

That's the reason why we're oppressed because there's a ruling class over us who view us as their enemy. Its also why IMO black people need to physically separate themselves from cacs and do for self and stop depending on our enemies.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
How dare you speak to me this way...you really have some goddamn nerve.

Again...fukk you and never ever quote me again bytch. Again ...If this was real life I'd fukking knock you out and have you leaking like a faucet on the fukking sidewalk. I know what your fukking ugly mug looks like too...lol.

Yeah, I got my face in my avi. Everyone knows what I look like.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I understand all of this and have been told stories like this by many of my friends. Thanks for sharing.

I'm aware the most of us don't know alot about each other when it comes to history, but issues on widespread inequality, police brutality, and economic and political advancement are issues that we all should be able to understand and agree on and I find that attitude of not understanding those issues more in the immigrant communities than I do the African American community. There are legitimate issues here that each side needs to pan out so we can all get this money, power, and advance as one people.

I can't really comment on it because I personally haven't seen it, especially when it comes to community shyt. Atlanta has a decent size Caribbean and African population and when I go to various community meetings they're there with us trying to come up with solutions to our problems.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
i am sorry, are the jews wanted in that area? When I read your post, I instantly thought of the afrikans. You can't go to other people's home and set up shop. This is your home. Don't every forget that.

Well what I'm saying is there already African countries wanting to associate with us through offering citizenship and free schooling(even Cuba at one point was offering free schooling(med) to Black people in this country). It's the diasporas birth right to have some stake/land in Africa. We should at least try. Because immigrants have the options of going back to a homeland and/or their home country supporting them(I.e. China). Black people in this country don't have that we have no defense. If we had our own nation shyt like this couldn't happen without repercussion.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Why does every militant think that they speak for every black person?

If "Amerikkka" doesn't work for you....then just say that.

My parents aren't from Africa or the West Indies...they're from right HERE as were their parents and their parent's parents

My family legacy from slavery to this very day has been a very long and tumultuous yet rewarding past that I am proud of.

Alot of pain and gain has come along the way.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I can't really comment on it because I personally haven't seen it, especially when it comes to community shyt. Atlanta has a decent size Caribbean and African population and when I go to various community meetings they're there with us trying to come up with solutions to our problems.
I hope you never do.