America will NEVER be for black people. EVER.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
And I'm from Brooklyn and born in Kings Country Hospital so what's your point :stopitslime:

Of Jamaican descent.

I'm sure you bout to bust that patois. :mjcry:

Why do y'all play this game? Like we all know y'all refer to y'all selves as West Indian anyway. There's nothing wrong with that. You're black. You're just not a black American of direct slave descent in this country.

These nikkas kill me with the false claiming.

One minute they are African American then the next they talking about beef patties, carnival and claiming "Jamaicans created rap" :russ:

But he calls me Ethiopian like I'm ashamed or something. I know I'm Ethiopian. My face can tell you that lol. But I identify as black American, and I have that blood. And according to African traditions, you take the tribe of your father, so I'm black American. Right? :mjpls:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
But he calls me Ethiopian like I'm ashamed or something. I know I'm Ethiopian. My face can tell you that lol. But I identify as black American, and I have that blood. And according to African traditions, you take the tribe of your father, so I'm black American. Right? :mjpls:

You actually have blood of Africans that were enslaved in the USA so you one of us unlike some of these folk :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
You're making the same mistake I was making when I was about your age. Pick any period of time in this country (even antabellum slavery) and I can show you black people who despite their conditions managed to carve out a decent life for themselves, but that doesn't mean you're not oppressed or that this country has been fair to you.
I was the same way when I was younger. I'll admit I used to have kind of c00nish ways. I came from a predominantly white neighborhood and went to predominantly white private schools from grade school to high school. I didn't have that many black friends or associates. I thought race didn't matter cause of my privileged upbringing.

Boy oh boy...I hhad quite the rude awakening when I turned 21....When I attended university.

I thank my family...but their ways sadden me. I love black people man...I got nothing but respect for black Americans. My folks were bougie and separated themselves from black Americans. To this day it saddens me.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
@Napoleon (Jenkins) making his obligatory appearance.
zDTMeFx.png
:mjlol:
This shyt is why i'm happy to call @mrken12 my bruh :salute:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
A subject that is rarely talked about is the lack of cohesion between African Americans and Black immigrant groups. In my community work and various travels, I've noticed there are not only alot of differences between us, but there is also mistrust and a misguided dislike of each other. I honestly believe that we need some kind of serious dialogue on this to throw away the negative perceptions that each group has of each other.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Of Jamaican descent.

I'm sure you bout to bust that patois. :mjcry:

Why do y'all play this game? Like we all know y'all refer to y'all selves as West Indian anyway. There's nothing wrong with that. You're black. You're just not a black American of direct slave descent in this country.

I don't consider myself African American anymore than I consider myself Jamaican. I'm an African breh. And just like you, my ancestors were kidnapped from Africa and enslaved. Only difference between me and you is we got dropped off earlier :manny:

America is not my home, it belongs to the native Americans. Jamaica is not my home, it belong to the Tainos. My home is somewhere in West Africa (exactly where, I'll never know). And my goal is for my children (if I ever have them) to be born and grow up in their own home.

The reason I'm wanting to go to Africa is because I believe the best chance for black people to make it is to go some place where we have the numbers and resources. The entire planet is going to where we come from to steal our birth right from us. All of the land, resources, and wealth of this planet is there, so why are we not trying to go back and take the money we have to secure our homeland for ourselves.

For those that don't want to leave the US, you guys need to find a city where black people dominate, move there, and do everything in your power to fight white supremacy. Control the economics, politics, media, education, everything.

And this idea of "I'm not leaving to go to Africa because I want to stay and fight" is complete bullshyt. I don't see any fight in y'all nikkas. As much as y'all like to talk about white supremacy, I see no mention of organizations your involved in or institutions you're trying to build. I mean let's keep it 100, there is no fight. It's a bunch of nikkas talking about doing shyt, but not doing shyt. But like I always, I'd love to be proven wrong :manny:

Please stop trying to tell me what I identify as :comeon:

Are you drunk/high right now or something :what:?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Its not tribalism to say that you have your own distinct culture. Its tribalism when you use it to discriminate. Apparently every other Black group can have ethnic pride except African Americans because you have Jamaicans, Nigerians, etc claiming it when it is convenient for them.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
You actually have blood of Africans that were enslaved in the USA so you one of us unlike some of these folk :mjpls:
I understand what you saying but yall need to dead that "you're African...you're not black" talk.

Man...I'm always gonna be black. We need to stop being divisive.

I say it man...fukk all them bougie as carribean african c00ns...but it's getting real out there I and I'd rather stand and fight with my people cause I support them and I know no one else would do the same for me.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
A subject that is rarely talked about is the lack of cohesion between African Americans and Black immigrant groups. In my community work and various travels, I've noticed there are not only alot of differences between us, but there is also mistrust and a misguided dislike of each other. I honestly believe that we need some kind of serious dialogue on this to throw away the negative perceptions that each group has of each other.
That is true.

It was disappointing when I tried to talk to some Africans and had them mockingly call us the lost tribe and distance themselves from us.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Personally, I've never seen this lack of cohesion in my life. One of my best friends is Nigerian and I'm mad cool with people from Uganda, Kenya, and Ghana. I have seen issues between Haitians and Jamaicans though (but I think that has more to do with how Haiti has been represented after the Haitian Revolution than anything else).

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I understand what you saying but yall need to dead that "you're African...you're not black" talk.

Man...I'm always gonna be black. We need to stop being divisive.

I say it man...fukk all them bougie as carribean african c00ns...but it's getting real out there I and I'd rather stand and fight with my people cause I support them and I know no one else would do the same for me.

I didn't say Black, I said African American. That has nothing to do with being pro Black or Pan African.