America got cyber attack last night and they are not saying nothing

Taharqa

Superstar
Daps
Huge reason why "theres no news on it" is because the top agencies are still investigating it and the companies involved have to measure and assess the impact of the incident before disclosing to the public.
Yup and even some places dont say a word(worked with one that did just this) :dead:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I just got an email from our IT team about the attack. We work with two major healthcare dental providers. Eclaims and all that got attacked.

Yeah meetings been going on all day. This shyt doesn’t happen often at the same time like this less than 12 hours major corporations

Olmec

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Hidden Temple
Yeah meetings been going on all day. This shyt doesn’t happen often at the same time like this less than 12 hours major corporations

yeah, it's wild. all e filing on hold until further notice. haven't seen this happen before.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
From my personal experience(consultant/Security Engineer) most orgs dont take security seriously until an event happens.

Every. Single. Time.

One customer kept pushing back my meetings that mostly deal with reducing attack vectors, vulnerabilties etc. They got hit by a threat actor using an old vendor account(which I discovered during a pen test and told them to remediate) and they were able to get some information not all. Now they are attentive in meetings and haven't missed one since:dead:
he or they stole money? explain for 3 year old

Taharqa

Superstar
Daps
he or they stole money? explain for 3 year old
You can never be sure if its a collective group, or just a sole person fukking around. Essentially, the threat actor(hacker) was able to log into their systems and start taking information(usernames, socials, phone number, addressess etc). They weren't able to take all of it, but a good portion(my opinion).

They were also in the process of deploying out the ransomware, but failed. Think it was a younger group/person since they didn't do what more experienced hackers do with the allowed time they had.

Money isn't involved unless:

1. They were able to encrypt everything and request a ransom
2. They sell the login information on a forum somewhere
3. They use what they got and sell it(which isn't gonna be worth anything with the amount they got)
4. Possible phishing campaign within their email system(using a high level exec account to ask for giftcards/bitcoin)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
shyt happens all the time but has it ever happen on the scale of all large cellular communications networks went down or working at least capacity. One of the largest healthcare e-prescribed services got hacked and then change health care within 12 hours???
Yes, it has happened to T-Mobile and Verizon.
It's their network not America's network.

Some visit is gonna get a raise and some will get fired.

Everyone will talk about security and then be back to the same shyt after a month.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
PZfCKBW.gif

i'm ready for zombies,aliens and those
imprisoned beneath the euphrates river
to set shyt all the way off.

UKVu0t8.gif

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
but would there still be any high probability that my info would get used even after the breaching. what are other bad implications for the uses of my info besides financial and what you said

on a global scale, how does this also relate to the russia election rigging shyt?

Possibly. You can go to haveibeenpwned.com and see all the times your emails/personal details have leaked. Youll probably be surprised how many times.

Just because it's breached doesn't mean yours will get used. They got sold on the darkweb as bunches. It can be as small as them trying to Phish you with the new personal details, to them trying to open credit cards to them just stealing your pizza hut account and using it for scamming.

Maybe targeted ads and sophisticated hacking schemes. If you're referring to the machines, the we still don't know full details but seemingly, had the ability to change your vote after voting.

If referring to the Facebook/Cambridge Analytica hack - that was scraping your page to come up with the most targeted ads possible along with being able to know who would be interested in the fake groups they were making. Russia made a lot of black lives matter groups that targeted black people who shared or liked things relating to it, in hopes of causing social unrest and encouraging black people not to vote.

Did the same with white people on both sides. Just cause general confusion and distrust

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Hackers always go for the wrong ish...

Hack these mortgage companies and pay my mortgage off...or hit FAFSA or something worthwhile smh

And of course they don't want us to know or make this a THING...people would start really flipping out if they thought things were going haywire

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Supposedly Cisco maintains a lot of the back haul networks for providers and they did an update on equipment and screwed up a lot of providers who rely on them.

This is the semi official story anyways.

Such bs yeah that happen with other major corps experiencing the same shyt