America got cyber attack last night and they are not saying nothing

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Yes this the REAL news that the fourth branch of government and the Briben administration been silent about. Theres rumors that the government been doing mock cyber terrorist attacks to practice for the REAL one this year is supposed to kill the banking industry to force cyptocurrency into our lives.

You're gay, get the nut out your ass and stop lying about normal people shyt :camby:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
People are going to believe whatever they want no matter what the truth is. Some incompetent engineers are :whew: that the public believes more in conspiracies and malicious actors than they do idiots and screw-ups.

Also, why do tech people always talk about how shytty software/hardware is along with securing important networks and infrastructure? These fools are either lying or being paid for poor quality work. Why do they command such high salaries if everything is unsecured and brittle? No wonder Rajesh and Shahib are so in demand.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
People are going to believe whatever they want no matter what the truth is. Some incompetent engineers are :whew: that the public believes more in conspiracies and malicious actors than they do idiots and screw-ups.

Also, why do tech people always talk about how shytty software/hardware is along with securing important networks and infrastructure? These fools are either lying or being paid for poor quality work. Why do they command such high salaries if everything is unsecured and brittle? No wonder Rajesh and Shahib are so in demand.
Software is a complicated problem breh. Some of the smartest minds of recent times have a hard time writing software. It definitely isn't an easy problem to solve. Imagine writing software to solve a problem as a bad game of whack a mole. Solving whatever you're trying to do is tough enough. If you have something working, great, now the hard work begins though.

One such problem is you'll have people who are actively trying to break and exploit your software systems. Legit think of what software can already do on screen and in the real world. If you can code up some crazy app from scratch doing some next-level stuff, people can code up apps to attack and exploit as well. For each of those features you additionally end up with more potential attack area. The amount of real-world impact software has is really quite remarkable, as are the clever solutions (and attacks) that have been done already.

For example this cyberweapon/software bug/virus impeded Iran's nuclear program:

Your company's app/system may be working straight up fine until someone finds a vulnerability with it. In order to fix that vulnerability System X must be rewritten which means System Y must be re-written. Everything may be working fine until someone exposes a new vulnerability in System Y which means System W must be fixed and now System X needs to be changed again because it depended on System W, however that changes how System A works.

It's difficult to keep things in a vacuum, because the world doesn't work in a vacuum. Think of how different each of our computers are for example: code must be written to work on as many machines and environments as possible. Then there's all the hardware and gadgets that we used to carry around now replaced by a phone. Only more will happen as well until we stop using software altogether as it's basically a sandbox.

People fishing for vulnerabilities and attackers breaking your app in ways you don't see coming/accounting for will always make this shyt more complicated. Someone finds the right bug to exploit and you're looking at a massive rewrite while keeping everything else that was working the way it was intended. Paying customers are at stake. If fixing that breaks something for them, they may cancel their service. It doesn't even have to be malicious, but some end user accidentally finding just the right amount of crazy parameters, combinations and configurations to blow things up and cause a headache to engineering teams for a problem they thought they solved (where the fix can actually open up an exploit somewhere else).

It's two sides to the same coin really: software complexity.

That's why when people say A.I will take care of all this, my answer is NOPE. Human ingenuity is too ridiculous :mjlol: :heh:

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

I'll explain it to you and those who have no idea about these things. Everything is unsecured and brittle because the people who write checks don't want to spend the money to secure and fortify it. Also, Ramesh and Shahib are in demand cause they cost a fourth of what you would pay someone in the US.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way

Software is a complicated problem breh. Some of the smartest minds of recent times have a hard time writing software. It definitely isn't an easy problem to solve. Imagine writing software to solve a problem as a bad game of whack a mole. Solving whatever you're trying to do is tough enough. If you have something working, great, now the hard work begins though.

One such problem is you'll have people who are actively trying to break and exploit your software systems. Legit think of what software can already do on screen and in the real world. If you can code up some crazy app from scratch doing some next-level stuff, people can code up apps to attack and exploit as well. For each of those features you additionally end up with more potential attack area. The amount of real-world impact software has is really quite remarkable, as are the clever solutions (and attacks) that have been done already.

Think of all the hardware that we used to carry around now replaced by a phone. Only more will happen as well until we stop using software altogether as it's basically a sandbox. Your company's app/system may be working straight up fine until someone finds a vulnerability with it. In order to fix that vulnerability System X must be rewritten which means System Y must be re-written. Everything may be working fine until someone exposes a new vulnerability in System Y which means System W must be fixed and now System X needs to be changed again because it depended on System W, however that changes how System A works.

It's difficult to keep things in a vacuum, because the world doesn't work in a vacuum. Think of how different each of our computers are for example: code must be written to work on as many machines and environments as possible.

People fishing for vulnerabilities and attackers breaking your app in ways you don't see coming/accounting for will always make this shyt more complicated. Someone finds the right bug to exploit and you're looking at a massive rewrite while keeping everything else that was working the way it was intended. It doesn't even have to be malicious, but some end user accidentally finding just the right amount of crazy parameters, combinations and configurations to blow things up and cause a headache to engineering teams for a problem they thought they solved (where the fix can actually open up an exploit somewhere else).

That's why when people say A.I will take care of all this, my answer is NOPE. Human ingenuity is too ridiculous :mjlol: :heh:
@IIVI deserves a rep. And to paraphrase what an instructor of mine said "Software and digital networks are built to work, to provide a service, NOT to be secure". Thats always stuck with me.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Cheap ass metro service and T-Mobile internet. Never had a problem today, never have problems during any of these nationwide outages that always seem to impact major networks.

I'm sure, matter of fact I know, just reading about what happened there are gonna be some chicken littles screaming "it's the boogeyman" :sadbron:

Reality is this country's infrastructure is falling apart. Ignorance+neglect+greed

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Yes this the REAL news that the fourth branch of government and the Briben administration been silent about. Theres rumors that the government been doing mock cyber terrorist attacks to practice for the REAL one this year is supposed to kill the banking industry to force cyptocurrency into our lives.
U need a ban

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

Your company's app/system may be working straight up fine until someone finds a vulnerability with it. In order to fix that vulnerability System X must be rewritten which means System Y must be re-written. Everything may be working fine until someone exposes a new vulnerability in System Y which means System W must be fixed and now System X needs to be changed again because it depended on System W, however that changes how System A works.

It's difficult to keep things in a vacuum, because the world doesn't work in a vacuum. Think of how different each of our computers are for example: code must be written to work on as many machines and environments as possible. Then there's all the hardware and gadgets that we used to carry around now replaced by a phone. Only more will happen as well until we stop using software altogether as it's basically a sandbox.

People fishing for vulnerabilities and attackers breaking your app in ways you don't see coming/accounting for will always make this shyt more complicated. Someone finds the right bug to exploit and you're looking at a massive rewrite while keeping everything else that was working the way it was intended. Paying customers are at stake. If fixing that breaks something for them, they may cancel their service. It doesn't even have to be malicious, but some end user accidentally finding just the right amount of crazy parameters, combinations and configurations to blow things up and cause a headache to engineering teams for a problem they thought they solved (where the fix can actually open up an exploit somewhere else).

Thank you, I learned something. So these important software/hardware infrastructure systems are much like Capitalism itself; ultimately unsustainable but continues to function in spite of itself except for when it nearly implodes taking the lives of millions of innocents with it. Amazing!

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I'll explain it to you and those who have no idea about these things. Everything is unsecured and brittle because the people who write checks don't want to spend the money to secure and fortify it. Also, Ramesh and Shahib are in demand cause they cost a fourth of what you would pay someone in the US.

I wouldn't say a fourth. These aren't illegal immigrants breh. There are actually pay parameters for these HB1 positions. Now the shyt that's been outsourced to India is damned near slavery. Also, this is why you strangle the baby in the cradle instead of pointing and laughing while this happens to other sectors of the economy. Now it's tech's turn.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Thank you, I learned something. So these important software/hardware infrastructure systems are much like Capitalism itself; ultimately unsustainable but continues to function in spite of itself except for when it nearly implodes taking the lives of millions of innocents with it. Amazing!
Not even lying, that is a legit solid comparison :ehh: :jbhmm:

Humans keep building the same shyt based on what we know, so I guess it only makes sense.

Last edited: