Am I A Hater For Rolling My Eyes At These Zelda Reviews?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
people are still going crazy over pixelart games. who cares

nobody is fukking with nintendo 1st party game design

the graded on a curve theory is backwards

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
oprah-you-mad.gif

GOAT series got nikkas in their feelings. Breath of the Wild is my favorite game of all time and once I'm done with this, I'm sure it will surpass that game. The thing that gets lost or ignored in this case is that we are hard on this series. It's light on story, hell, the main protagonist doesn't talk. Gameplay and level design are hallmarks of Zelda. Ideas are born out of functionality. Zelda does not really do superfluous gameplay. I've never been in a Zelda game and felt like I was grinding to get stronger or something. I can't count how many times I played BOTW and went, hmm, that was pretty damn clever and does not come with a lot of tropes. It's the small things like Link humming when cooking a meal or climbing to the highest of peaks and seeing clear across the entire world because the draw distance is amazing. A lot of us just get lost in Hyrule as every trip through the map is it's own adventure and everything is a playground to be explored. shyt, we get nervous when a new Zelda comes out because it's been so consistently stellar. The bar is high and we will critique it because we don't want the dream of a bad Zelda to come to reality. Breh, it just might not be for you but for what Zelda sets out to do, it's gaming nirvana.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I just was on MC and saw they gave wind waker a 96...no game with that dogshyt ocean busy work portion half way through the game should have a near perfect score :mjlol:

I did think that game was goated till that, then as a shorty I was this is fukking ass and a waste of time since leading up to that it was piff dungeon after dungeon.
They fixed that water shyt with the HD remake. Game is def GOATED. One of my fav Zelda games.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
And another disclaimer: ***NOT Every Game Needs To Be Tears of The Kingdom*** after this game comes out. I already see people trying it.

There is NO lesson to be learned here from the industry. Zelda is Zelda, Elden Ring is Elden Ring, God of War is God of War…thats it
Exactly. Not everyone wants to wander mindless and aimlessly in a game. Some people like more streamlined experiences.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. Not everyone wants to wander mindless and aimlessly in a game. Some people like more streamlined experiences.

Yeah I'm enjoying this joan so far but mostly cuz i'm playing it on pc so it runs competently, and is free lol. But the greatest game ever hook hasn't caught me yet. I'm def not going to spend 100 hours in this world because I can already tell you can probably beat all the bosses n shyt with minimal pushback so why get super op

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
oprah-you-mad.gif

GOAT series got nikkas in their feelings. Breath of the Wild is my favorite game of all time and once I'm done with this, I'm sure it will surpass that game. The thing that gets lost or ignored in this case is that we are hard on this series. It's light on story, hell, the main protagonist doesn't talk. Gameplay and level design are hallmarks of Zelda. Ideas are born out of functionality. Zelda does not really do superfluous gameplay. I've never been in a Zelda game and felt like I was grinding to get stronger or something. I can't count how many times I played BOTW and went, hmm, that was pretty damn clever and does not come with a lot of tropes. It's the small things like Link humming when cooking a meal or climbing to the highest of peaks and seeing clear across the entire world because the draw distance is amazing. A lot of us just get lost in Hyrule as every trip through the map is it's own adventure and everything is a playground to be explored. shyt, we get nervous when a new Zelda comes out because it's been so consistently stellar. The bar is high and we will critique it because we don't want the dream of a bad Zelda to come to reality. Breh, it just might not be for you but for what Zelda sets out to do, it's gaming nirvana.
juelz-talking.gif

str8 fanboy babble

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
oprah-you-mad.gif

It's Zelda bruh. Not p*ssy. Lol. I'm supposed to give a fukk if Link hums while he's cooking? Lol

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
It's definitely getting a pass for things that other games would get criticized for. The gameplay, etc is all great but there are real performance issues with the game.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
These goofy ass nikkas acting like nintendo games (which are designed primarily for children and have been for years) are akin to taking up AP calculus or some shyt :dead:

None of these shyts are hard, or complicated. you just bad at games
Again, just like I said, the "eww, those games are for kids" energy can't help but reveal itself.

Newsflash my guy, whether a game is all ages or 16+, they're all toys at the end of the day. Period.

Nobody said the game is hard but you know what is hard? Leaning on and trusting player imagination when cues are few and far between.
That's why Nintendo's games are so beloved.
Not because they're hard but due to the fact that their best ones are almost always stuffed to overflowing with imaginative ideas and concepts.

I just watched some Jedi Survivor gameplay and once again, it was just a prettier version of what we've been playing for decades now.

Cool but the cues were everywhere and constant, whereas Nintendo just drops you in a world, gives you some tools and says go buckwild.

And you wonder why the reviewers are geeked, when so much of everything else is just prettier pieces of rote rubbish?
TOTK isn't gonna be a grueling game, but for many it will be extremely rewarding because it puts so much trust in the players imagination and thought process, so make peace with it, or just understand the concept of risk vs reward.

Other games that leaned hard into player trust and imagination; Deus Ex, Thief, System Shock, Prey and things like Dwarf Fortress.

See the trend?