Allegedly How many slaves were brought over?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Africa’s population was stunted from 1500-1900. West Africa’s population actually DECLINED
People dont understand how the slave trade destabilized Africa.

Watch the making of a Colony: Nigeria. The 12:20 second mark on. Listen to how many people were shipped and how it actually destabilized the area. They don’t even teach this in Nigeria. It’s depressing.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just read the comments to that video. Wow. Is the whole "We were already here" narrative really becoming mainstream with black Americans, or is this a niche demographic?
It is growing, unfortunately.

Lack of education and Black education in particular has made it worse.

Spread over social media to the stupid and gullible.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
300-400,000 to the continental US some how became a population of 40 million?
That’s the part I have a hard time believing
You're starting out from a bad premise - but I don't think you understand how population growth works - even with high infant mortality.

If there were 500,000 AAs in the U.S. in 1850 with a population growth of 3.2%, over 100 years the population would be 15Ms.

So assuming a larger population even earlier, a larger population, including migrant population and immigrant population growth from the African diaspora, illegal trafficking of African peoples past the bar on the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade, infant mortality dropping, maternal mortality dropping, improved healthcare, etc.

Then you get to your present population with incredible ease.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
300-400,000 to the continental US some how became a population of 40 million?
That’s the part I have a hard time believing

Sustained population growth over centuries astounds you?
:why:

In 1707, there was less than 2,000 Boers. Now they number 4-5 million.

Why is math so hard for you?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You're starting out from a bad premise - but I don't think you understand how population growth works - even with high infant mortality.

If there were 500,000 AAs in the U.S. in 1850 with a population growth of 3.2%, over 100 years the population would be 15Ms.

So assuming a larger population even earlier, a larger population, including migrant population and immigrant population growth from the African diaspora, illegal trafficking of African peoples past the bar on the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade, infant mortality dropping, maternal mortality dropping, improved healthcare, etc.

Then you get to your present population with incredible ease.

There was approximately 4 million enslaved Africans in the US in 1860 btw

5thbornpowerseed

All Star
Daps

No it doesn’t.
What astounds me is the lack of growth in the black population over the last hundred years yet black population the US is approximately 44 million with about 9% being immigrant or children of immigrants. That’s a solid 40 million native black Americans to account for.

The number alone is not necessarily astounding but when you consider that only 3-5% of all enslaved Africans reached the continental United States. Yet the total population African descence in all of South America is between 20-70 million depending on whether or not a country counts those of diverse ancestors as African descent or not.

Point being with 50% alone going to Brazil and only 5% going to the US the disparity in population growth needs to viewed with suspicion.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I really don’t see the problem with people considering us being from here,North America was a primarily black continent in the past as well, I’m kind of getting tired of people associating this land exclusively with siberians and tan people with asiatic faces
So north America has the environment to evolve black homo sapien sapien?

5thbornpowerseed

All Star
Daps
Then don’t believe it
:manny:

Real shyt, if you on that aboriginal shyt just say that and keep it moving.
:manny:

We’ll that’s a problem now isn’t it?
Instead of intelligent discourse and eventual consensus, we risk being divided by systems of belief.
I never said I was on anything.
I raised a question, presented facts, and the gaps in knowledge.

You filled in those gaps with disbelief instead of information and decided to present yourself as my opponent.

Do you information to add to the conversation or are you content with your system of belief?

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I told yall pseudo and misinformation is RAMPANT in the black community! I know because I used be a pseudo.

The claim that "they lied to us" has to be up there amongst the most powerful of seductive phrases.

The conscious community did us a disservice stating we can't agree with ANYTHING the white man says. The proof it's tied to some type of pseudo-black ideology, is that if you disagree with them the ad hom will be that you're some type of sellout or cracka lover. Or that "you love the white man's science".

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I told yall pseudo and misinformation is RAMPANT in the black community! I know because I used be a pseudo.

The claim that "they lied to us" has to be up there amongst the most powerful of seductive phrases.

The conscious community did us a disservice stating we can't agree with ANYTHING the white man says. The proof it's tied to some type of pseudo-black ideology, is that if you disagree with them the ad hom will be that you're some type of sellout or cracka lover. Or that "you love the white man's science".
House N1GGA