Allegedly How many slaves were brought over?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
No it doesn’t.
What astounds me is the lack of growth in the black population over the last hundred years yet black population the US is approximately 44 million with about 9% being immigrant or children of immigrants. That’s a solid 40 million native black Americans to account for.

The number alone is not necessarily astounding but when you consider that only 3-5% of all enslaved Africans reached the continental United States. Yet the total population African descence in all of South America is between 20-70 million depending on whether or not a country counts those of diverse ancestors as African descent or not.

Point being with 50% alone going to Brazil and only 5% going to the US the disparity in population growth needs to viewed with suspicion.

10.5 million African Americans in 1920. Population has more quadrupled (46 million today). Stop it!

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
We’ll that’s a problem now isn’t it?
Instead of intelligent discourse and eventual consensus, we risk being divided by systems of belief.
I never said I was on anything.
I raised a question, presented facts, and the gaps in knowledge.

You filled in those gaps with disbelief instead of information and decided to present yourself as my opponent.

Do you information to add to the conversation or are you content with your system of belief?
Miss me with the pseudo-intellectual bullshyt
:beli:

The information is out there, overwhelmingly. Yall choose to ignore it and play dumb like you just want to debate in good faith.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
what discussions like this often ignore is the number of men and women who died enroute to America.

:francis:

A majority I believe..
What historical teachings also avoid highlighting is the mentality and mindset of an entire people to engage in such practice. These people are demons and only a fool would think they're changed.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There might be some evidence that Muslims and possibly even Muslims from the Empire of Mali were in America before Columbus. In the 1300s Mansa Musa came to the throne after his brother (Abu Bakr II) supposedly went on a voyage to the Americas. Over a hundred years later Columbus may have mentioned seeing a Mosque on a hill in Cuba, which would confirm that Muslims may have been in the America's first. It is not clear how much of is true, but you can not rule it out either.

Africa's 'greatest explorer'

Abu Bakr II: Did the King of Ancient Mali go to America?​

by Bipin Dimri January 20, 2022
https://www.historicmysteries.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Abu-Bakr-II-America-e1649206365889.jpg
s://www.historicmysteries.com/myths-legends/abu-bakr-ii-america/23123/#:~:text=The%20king%20or%20%E2%80%9CMansa%E2%80%9D%2C%20Abu%20Bakr%20II%2C%20ruled,the%20Americas%2C%20landing%20in%20what%20is%20now%20Brazil.

So Muslims beat Columbus to America? They had better get in line​

And word probably got back to his cousins in Spain who were moors and they told Columbus. It was moors with Columbus too and they were Muslim.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
It was black people everywhere. I’m not denying a slave trade occurred. I question the numbers.
HOW were black people everywhere? That's where you're wrong. Unless you see Asian and native people as black.

By the time those black people who left africa got to wherever they got to, their diet, diseases, sun exposure, and mating with other hominids made them no longer black!

I was "questioning the numbers" 20 years ago. I already know EVERY question you can throw. I can save you years of being ignorant: it's all pseudo bullshyt.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Listen. People are just stupid :snoop:.

I’m doing my PhD at Rice where Slave Voyages is actually hosted. I’m not a historian, but I’m pretty cool with Prof. Domingues, the dude that RUNS Slave Voyages and inputs the data into the website from archives and ship manifests. I took his graduate seminar course “the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade” last fall. He would tell you himself there is no way to fully account for the number of slaves brought to the colonies/U.S., but that the number is significantly higher than 92,000. There has been so much lost to time, privateering/pirating, disaster, intentional destruction, etc., and Slave Voyages data was primarily built off archived manifests records (more on that in a bit).

Like, let’s really think about this. Let’s say you were a captain of a ship during the South Sea Company under the Asiento Contract and the economic bubble bursts. You have all these records of your dealings, which are essentially bills of sale of humans and 5 years pass, ten year pass, 15 years pass, and so forth. You don’t have Google Docs, Google Drive, Cloud storage, Numbers, Excel, the BOX, etc. This shyt is stored in a tattered paper book you keep somewhere in the corner. Are you still holding onto that bill of sale of humans? Probably fukking not. Do you still have that bill of sale for that 2000 Mitsubishi Galant you used to have? Probably not, and that wasn’t even some demonic shyt you were a part of that you would most likely want to get rid of.

Slave Voyages is basically built upon the work of four historians that that documented every slave voyage they could find via manifests, independently. The work originally started in the 1960s. Eventually, in the ‘90s they were like “Hey, we should put all this information together.” It was initially on a CD-rom that I believe retailed for $400. I say all that to say, it’s a wholly incomplete piece of data. Anybody trying to use it to extrapolate the entirety of the slave trade is stupid. Domingues himself would tell you this, but he would also say that it’s the best we have to document what we’ve found. However, it’s not nearly a full account, given the vicissitudes of time, poor record keeping, etc.

On another note: we have so many brehs trying to self-educate through social media and shyt now, and they sound absurd. WTF happened :gucci:? We need to become increasingly pro-real education, become we’ve a populous incredibly susceptible to misinformation. It’s harder to dazzle a person with real understanding of a subject with bullshyt. I had a lady tell me the other day that when white/black biracial children have to get a RhoGAM vaccine to account for the white partner’s Neanderthal DNA. She was dead ass serious too. “A hematologist taught me that.” It never occurred to her, “You know… I should look into this myself :jbhmm: .” All she needed to do was hear or see that somewhere and she believed that all biracial children need a vaccine to not become a mutant or some shyt. When in reality, that vaccine is about mothers with a negative blood type.

People are crazy.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
We’ll that’s a problem now isn’t it?
Instead of intelligent discourse and eventual consensus, we risk being divided by systems of belief.
I never said I was on anything.
I raised a question, presented facts, and the gaps in knowledge.

You filled in those gaps with disbelief instead of information and decided to present yourself as my opponent.

Do you information to add to the conversation or are you content with your system of belief?
Theres nothing intelligent about that online fringe movement.

Daps
How many of the died on the way to America and the rest of the world is the real question

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Listen. People are just stupid :snoop:.

I’m doing my PhD at Rice where Slave Voyages is actually hosted. I’m not a historian, but I’m pretty cool with Prof. Domingues, the dude that RUNS Slave Voyages and inputs the data into the website from archives and ship manifests. I took his graduate seminar course “the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade” last fall. He would tell you himself there is no way too fully account for the number of slaves brought to the colonies/U.S., but that the number is significantly higher than 92,000. There has been so much lost to time, privateering/pirating, disaster, intentional destruction, etc., and Slave Voyages data was primarily built off archived manifests records (more on that in a bit).

Like, let’s really think about this. Let’s say you were a captain of a ship during the South Sea Company under the Asiento Contract and the economic bubble bursts. You have all these records of your dealings, which are essentially bills of sale of humans and 5 years pass, ten year pass, 15 years pass, and so forth. You don’t have Google Docs, Google Drive, Cloud storage, Numbers, Excel, the BOX, etc. This shyt is stored in a tattered paper book you keep somewhere in the corner. Are you still holding onto that bill of sale of humans? Probably fukking not. Do you still have that bill of sale for that 2000 Mitsubishi Galant you used to have? Probably not, and that wasn’t even some demonic shyt you were a part of that you would most likely want to get rid of.

Slave Voyages is basically built upon the work of four historians that that documented every slave voyage they could find via manifests, independently. The work originally started in the 1960s. Eventually, in the ‘90s they were like “Hey, we should put all this information together.” It was initially on a CD-rom that I believe retailed for $400. I say all that say, it’s a wholly incomplete piece of data. Anybody trying to use it to extrapolate the entirety of the slave trade is stupid. Domingues himself would tell you this, but he would also say that it’s the best we have to document what we’ve found. However, it’s not nearly a full account, given the vicissitudes of time, poor record keeping, etc.

On another note: we have so many brehs trying to self-educate through social media and shyt now, and they sound absurd. WTF happened :gucci:? We need to become increasingly pro-real education, become we’ve a populous incredibly susceptible to misinformation. It’s harder to dazzle a person with real understanding of a subject with bullshyt. I had a lady tell me the other day that when white/black biracial children have to get a RhoGAM vaccine to account for the white partner’s Neanderthal DNA. She was dead ass serious too. “A hematologist taught me that.” It never occurred to her, “You know… I should look into this myself :jbhmm: .” All she needed to do was hear or see that somewhere and she believed that all biracial children need a vaccine to not become a mutant or some shyt. When in reality, that vaccine is about mothers with a negative blood type.

People are crazy.

Youre being nice. These “wE bEeN hERe” folks are DUMB!

In finding a 16 year old with my African last name who was taken from the Blight of Benin in 1834, the only reason there was record of him on slave voyage.com was because his boat on route to Cuba was intercepted by an international body that banned slavery. The boat was rerouted to Sierra Leone where his name was documented and he was then released. Thousands of rescued Africans have his story which resulted in why Yoruba people are in Sierra Leone known as the Aku people.

NBA player Victor Oladipo is from Sierra Leone yet has a Yoruba name.

Those circumstances are the only reason I know of my bloodline being impacted by the slave trade. Who knows how many other relatives of mines werent rescued? Whose names were never accounted for?

It saddens me….

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
What was the slave to white ratio on the ships? Why the Fck didn't the slaves take over ?
What you displayed here is a major component of these black conscious pseudo movements. That last sentence "why the fukk didn't the slaves take over" is WHY you and many others choose the pseudo route.

You have some type of embarrassment and revisionist astonishment that white people had black men chained up on a ship. To cope with this you'll ask all types of dishonest questions like "where's the boats", "you ciuldnt cross the Atlantic in the boats of that time", or "its impossible to keep people packed up for that long" or "where did they store the drinking water". I told you...I know every question because I asked them myself in my pseudo days.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It matters cause if they’ll lie about that number they’ll lie about the number of black people that were in Turtle Island. I believe they were black people everywhere of every tribe etc. I believe we are the 12 tribes of Israel. Something that hasn’t been discussed. How about the Egyptian artifacts they found in the Grand Canyon?

If Egyptians who are North Africans can have a presence here why is it far fetched to believe there were black people here prior?

I want you to read a full book, brother. A book written for adult readers.

Here are some legitimate suggestions:

Scenes of Subjection by. Saidiya Hartman;
The Supression of the African Slave Trade by. W.E.B. Du Bois;
Slavery and Capitalism by. Eric Williams;
How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by. Walter Rodney;
The Wretched of the Earth by. Frantz Fanon;
A People’s History of the United States by. Howard Zinn;

Stop mainlining these bullshyt videos about how there was no slave trade, all of these pretendian nonsense, etc.