All Jokes Aside: LeBron Ruined the NBA: Update Stephen A Agrees

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
They can't even keep their arguments straight. Now healthy PP/KG/Ray were all washed (even though they were playing fantastic that year and had another 5 years of All-Star appearances after that), but injured KD/Kyrie are in their primes.....even though they're the exact same age as PP/KG/Ray were and with a far worst injury history?

You exposed them something fierce right there.

they weren't in their primes and none of them were champs whereas Bosh-Bron-Wade all were under 30 in their primes and Wade had one of the best finals performances ever......2010 Boston wasn't heralded by anybody whereas Miami was known as the Heatles throughout.....keep juelzing :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It has nothing to do with trust, MJ had scored all the points for the Bulls in that qtr and Paxson had already proven himself to be super clutch even before that shot. There was 14 seconds left why would MJ take the ball up while being guarded full court. If phil wanted MJ to take the shot he would'nt have had MJ take the ball up. MJ gave up the ball early it was clearly be design
So you're saying that Phil didn't think MJ shooting against 6'1" KJ was a good option to win. Interesting. :patrice:

if you're suggesting MJ got locked up by KJ or was scared to take on that nikka you're dumb af...
I didn't say anything like that, cause I don't argue like a dumbass. I think the Bulls made the best play to win, and MJ for three, even against single-coverage from a midget, wasn't the best play to win. Just like Bron's teams often make the best play to win.

Y'all want Bron to shoot against triple-teams from elite defenders rather than pass to the open man, but you're okay with MJ not taking on single-coverage against a 6'1" defender cause it's not the right play. Interesting....

i dont even see what Bron has to do with this, you said MJ was being single covered by KJ was a misrepresentation
Liar, I said MJ being double-teamed was a misrepresentation.

yall made it seem like he locked MJ up the whole qtr which is false
Liar, I never said anything like that.

If MJ was being single covered by KJ one on one in the halfcourt on that play you already know what would've happeenec
Then why not run that play? This was the man defense era, an iso three from MJ against KJ was on the table the entire time. They didn't double MJ unless a screener came over or he dropped down before the 3pt line.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
yeah 18 ppg in the offs and 13ppg in the finals......Wade carried big scoring load in the FInals.....semi-washed compared to his Laker years. Chris Bosh was coming off a 24-10 season when he joined the Heat. Wade and Bosh and a good cast would've been a contender easily....
A “semi washed” Shaq is still the best big man in the league at that time

Shaq’s Final scoring was hurt by one bad game he had. Wade carried the load but the threat of Shaq was always there. That’s a controversial series too and I won’t even get into that.

Wade and Bosh would be one of the best teams in the East. Would they win a chip? Would they beat Boston/Indiana/Chicago? I doubt it. That would also depend heavily on who they get with Bron’s money.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
they weren't in their primes
KG was 31yo averaging 22-13-4 with 1st-team All-Defensive and was 3rd in MVP voting the next year.

PP was 30yo averaging 24-6-4 and made as many All-NBA teams AFTER he joined KG-Ray than he ever had before.

Ray was 32yo averaging 26-5-4 and made All-Star teams all the way until 2011.

They new narrative that they weren't in their primes is just a lie that none of you have backed up with anything other than "But they were 30!!!!"

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Pierce shot 36% in the 2002 ECF
Dog it was 2002 rugged iso ball Eastern Conference basketball guys didn’t really shoot good %’s :comeon:

I agree KD taking them to the Finals though it wouldn’t be easy getting past that Nets defense. But he’s on another tier from Pierce. KD would obviously then lose to the Lakers in the Finals.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I said semi washed.....18 ppg in the playoffs vs 27-30 in his prime years....13ppg in the FInals.....semi washed
So will you keep this same energy and call Wade/Bosh semi-washed if they got injuries and put up similar or worse numbers 2012-2014? :patrice:

and yes, if Bron doesn't sign to the Heat im sure Pat would've used that money to sign other players. To act like that 2009-2010 Heat roster would've been the exact same if Bron didn't sign is fukking retarded. FOH.
How is that even the argument? :gucci:

We're talking about the roster that Bron DID join, not some imaginary roster that would have come there if he didn't join.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Lol at Boston not being a big 3.

Had KG/RA got traded to Cleveland in 2007, yall would've called them a big 3/superteam.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Deep down fans don't want the players to have any control of their careers. They talk a lot of shyt about owners they don't like treating players like cattle but that's exactly what the fans want as well.

It's like imagine you were playing chess, you reading the board and see you about 2 moves away from using your queen to put the opponent in checkmate and win the game, but before you can do that the queen decides it doesn't want to go where you want it, it decides to go somewhere else. That's the feeling fans have, they feel as though the good players can just up and do what they want and their organization is never fully in control.

Deep down fans really just want to see a Clash of the Titans. David vs Goliath is cool from a story-point, but you ultimately want to see the best best the best. What Lebron/Heat did was rob fans of the C/O '03 battling each other. This is in contention of the best draft class ever, and they never played each other. They played Melo when it was 3v1. All they had to do was wait one year, then it would be no one left...and they had it all to themselves to see who's top dog.

Say what you want about other eras, but they still clashed and even clashed against other team ups. Say the out of their primes C's, like you didn't already watch them face off against each other and their peers.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KG was 31yo averaging 22-13-4 with 1st-team All-Defensive and was 3rd in MVP voting the next year.

PP was 30yo averaging 24-6-4 and made as many All-NBA teams AFTER he joined KG-Ray than he ever had before.

They new narrative that they weren't in their primes is just a lie that none of you have backed up with anything other than "But they were 30!!!!"

Was Kobe in his prime in 2010? I know you’re going to have a bullsh*t answer so I’ll save you. He wasn’t. You’re smart. Stop playing dumb. No man is in his physical prime at 31 or 32. At best you’re exiting it or on the downward slope. Your prime is from 25-30 which lines up with most players (Kobe, Steph, Bron, Durant, Harden).

80-A7-B7-EA-0812-4-DFC-B510-11314-B77-CB77.jpg

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Lol at Boston not being a big 3.

Had KG/RA got traded to Cleveland in 2007, yall would've called them a big 3/superteam.

They were already out of their prime. Trading them were their last hurrah for a job well done. KG hadn't seen the playoffs in 4 yrs, Ray in 3, Pierce in 3. NBA was ready to hand the league over to the next. 2010 ended their era the same way 98 ended the 90s era...old greats limping through the playoffs for that closing of their chapter. The only reason theirs was extended was because that next "great crop" just were never good enough, s they had to wait until '03 were ready to take over.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

they were at the tail end of their prime
but the difference is, no one thought garnett pierce or especially ray allen could win a chip as the top guy.

also, none of those guys, (except mayb garnett) were considered a top 10 player in da league at the time.

no one thought chris bosh could win a chip as the main guy, SO Wherever he went didnt really matter.

it was the wade and lebron partnership, that fukked everything up. 2 guys who could win a chip as a number 1 option said fukk it, lets just join up, this shyt is too hard lol

bosh was a cherry on top. durant took it to new levels by joining already made teams and now hes doing what lebron did in his return to clevland but on a different level.

at the end of da day, it all started with bron lol

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
this section is a fukkin joke bruh.

folks like @Stick Up Kid @The Hon. Stringer Bell @Swagnificent @Sccit @thedevilyouknow @Low quality poster and others make these dumb ass threads every day and it’s not real basketball talk, only trolling and “I hate this player” type of shyt.

makes so damn sense that cacs on Reddit and realGM have better basketball discussion than a so called message board for black culture

If I see a thread with LeBron in the title, or a thread title that is beyond dumb, there is an 85% chance it's started by one of those you listed.

It's pathetic.