All Jokes Aside: LeBron Ruined the NBA: Update Stephen A Agrees

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How would he have gotten past Boston in Cleveland? Nobody wanted to join him there and the Fo wasn't really capable of building a good squad around him (fo refused to trade jj hickson for amare iirc)

I think he could’ve. Bron is a lot better now than he was back then...as in the game comes easier to him...even if I don’t like him as much I can admit there’s a difference between 2019 Bron or 2016 Bron compared to 2008 Bron. So eventually Boston wouldn’t have been able to stop him. Then the East would’ve been his for a decade straight. Cleveland could’ve drafted guys, traded up to draft top guys, did better scouting deep in the draft. Jimmy Butler, Khris Middleton and Jokic either went extremely late in the first round or were in the second round. Giannis was picked #15 :ohhh: Cleveland could’ve got them if they scouted better. And I’m sure they could’ve convinced someone to sign as a free agent too, the problem was no one wanted to sign in Cleveland and be stuck there if Bron wasn’t committing to a long term deal and he wasn’t.

Daps
EachTenderDore-small.gif

McPiff

#goat
Daps
I think he could’ve. Bron is a lot better now than he was back then...as in the game comes easier to him...even if I don’t like him as much I can admit there’s a difference between 2019 Bron or 2016 Bron compared to 2008 Bron. So eventually Boston wouldn’t have been able to stop him. Then the East would’ve been his for a decade straight. Cleveland could’ve drafted guys, traded up to draft top guys, did better scouting deep in the draft. Jimmy Butler, Khris Middleton and Jokic either went extremely late in the first round or were in the second round. Giannis was picked #15 :ohhh: Cleveland could’ve got them if they scouted better. And I’m sure they could’ve convinced someone to sign as a free agent too, the problem was no one wanted to sign in Cleveland and be stuck there if Bron wasn’t committing to a long term deal and he wasn’t.

:ehh:

The cavs FO isnt reliable at all but i see where you're coming from

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
They were a super team because of Lebron fool. Now you dummies wanna use context but throw it out the window when discussing Lebron. So teammates and opponent strength does matter?

That Cavs team won 66 games on the back of Lebron-- the 2010-2011 Cavs won 19 games with a roster that had the same core players as the 2009 Cavs sans Lebron. The Cavs lost against the Magic because Lebron had a legendary series and all his best teammate could provide was a putrid 37% shooting from the field. The Magic role players shot lights out from the field in comparison to the Cavs role players-- the Magic as a whole shot 40% from 3. Like I said, if that series is an indictment on Lebron then every series Jordan lost against a greater opponent is an indictment on him.

:mjlol: nobody called the ‘09 cavs a super team they just choked ,”the goat”been forming mini all star teams ever since

difference is Jordan NEVER lost a series as a 1 seed doggie.lebron had an all star teammate ,top 5/10offense & defense and home court and lost 2 years in a row.foh it’s an indictment on him more than anything but your groupie ass won’t admit that. His stats in the ‘09 ecf with his 36% usage rate only impresses simple mf’s

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:mjlol: nobody called the ‘09 cavs a super team they just choked ,”the goat”been forming mini all star teams ever since

difference is Jordan NEVER lost a series as a 1 seed doggie.lebron had an all star teammate ,top 5 offense & defense and home court and lost 2 years in a row foh it’s an indictment on him more than anything but your groupie ass won’t admit that
Mo Williams was an injury replacement and made it on the basis of team record

Mo was a solid scoring guard with a good jumper but let’s not overrate him

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Stephen A agrees with me

Lol at him saying he’s being a hypocrite by complaining about South Beach because he loves South Beach

Only a fukking dumb ass would reject Pat Riley’s proposition :mjlol:

Bron nor KD did nothing wrong they exercised their rights as FA to go to the best place for their careers and life

KD’s only fault was joining the team that beat him

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hold up, the Celtics were past their prime when they teamed up??? :wtf: Y'all really trying to pull this shyt??? :russ:

They came together and won a ring in their 1st year together. Celtics went from 24-58 in '07, to 66-16 the next year. Thats not a super team?? :dahell:

Garnett won DPOY in 08 and was all-NBA 1st team. Y'all putting these fictional "end of prime" boundaries out there talking about "30 years old is past their prime". Y'all just feel that way because you were 14 years younger when they came together so it felt like they were old heads. They were still well within their primes. KD, Curry, Bron, PG, Harden, Lillard, Jimmy Butler, are all 30+ and only Bron is sort of past his prime

06-07, the year before they teamed up:
Ray Allen (31): 26.4ppg career high
Paul Pierce (29): 25ppg
Kevin Garnett (30): 23ppg 13rpg

Not only that, but they were the only "super team" in the East at the time so they had a huge advantage going against Bron's Cavs and Dwight's Magic

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
No the fukk he isn’t better now :mjlol:

Boston would fukking stop him because of walling, zone defenses and lack of reliable secondary options. Boston from 2008-2012 had one of the greatest defensive runs in NBA history one man would never beat them in a 7 game series

They beat fukking Kobe in ‘08 and took ‘em to the wire in ‘10 and the Lakers actually had a big frontline and a strong second option

They sent Wade home in 5 games in ‘10

They were extremely hard to beat in the playoffs :heh:

2009 Bron shyts on old man Bron :mjlol:

And no Cleveland’s FO wasn’t gonna do shyt it’s been sad in their non-Bron years

Last edited:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Lol at him saying he’s being a hypocrite by complaining about South Beach because he loves South Beach

Only a fukking dumb ass would reject Pat Riley’s proposition :mjlol:

Bron nor KD did nothing wrong they exercised their rights as FA to go to the best place for their careers and life

KD’s only fault was joining the team that beat him
Why is that a fault for KD? Dude sacrifices his entire existence to be great at basketball and can’t play where he feels like because he’s too good?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
"Superteam" became a phrase in the cultural lexicon after The Decision, but the defined characteristics of a "superteam"? Certainly existed with many teams well before The Decision...

Lmao at cats always downplaying the Big 3 C's as a superteam. Ray Allen was 32 and yet was still coming off a 7th All-Star appearance the previous season, when he averaged 26...

Pierce was going into his age-30 season just a year removed from a 5th All-Star nod...

Garnett was 31 and apparently washed, yet was just All-NBA for the 8th time, a 10x All-Star, and coming off four consecutive rebounding titles...

The '08 Big 3 Celtics were 32 (Y12), 31 (Y13), and 30 (Y10), younger than some of the teams yall tout as "super", but on here they are considered irreparably washed. Can't make the shyt up lol...

NBA fans often get amnesia after a season is done.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Hold up, the Celtics were past their prime when they teamed up??? :wtf: Y'all really trying to pull this shyt??? :russ:

They came together and won a ring in their 1st year together. Celtics went from 24-58 in '07, to 66-16 the next year. Thats not a super team?? :dahell:

Garnett won DPOY in 08 and was all-NBA 1st team. Y'all putting these fictional "end of prime" boundaries out there talking about "30 years old is past their prime". Y'all just feel that way because you were 14 years younger when they came together so it felt like they were old heads. They were still well within their primes. KD, Curry, Bron, PG, Harden, Lillard, Jimmy Butler, are all 30+ and only Bron is sort of past his prime

06-07, the year before they teamed up:
Ray Allen (31): 26.4ppg career high
Paul Pierce (29): 25ppg
Kevin Garnett (30): 23ppg 13rpg

Not only that, but they were the only "super team" in the East at the time so they had a huge advantage going against Bron's Cavs and Dwight's Magic
They’re clowns. We also forget about Rondo becoming an All-Star himself and their fukking monstrous team defense.

They turned series into a crawl. It was extremely hard to beat them in a 7 game series.