All Jokes Aside: LeBron Ruined the NBA: Update Stephen A Agrees

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The Boston Celtics wasn’t a real Big 3. They were just a better version of the Detroit Pistons. Kobe beat them and honestly he should’ve beat them twice. You’d be reaching to say any were top five players whereas Wade and Bron were.
I feel like this is debatable.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Yeah its a bad comparison honestly, kg and Ray were way past their primes

There is a difference between being past your prime and at the tail end of it. Guys aren't past their prime finishing third in MVP voting ('08 KG). Ray was better in '09 than he was in '08, he didn't start noticeably declining until '10, certainly wasn't "past" his prime those first two Boston years...

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
This is bullshyt man nobody was saying they were past their primes in 2008 :mjlol:
I'm glad to see you speak for everyone :mjlol:. Ray and kg were shells of themselves
There is a difference between being past your prime and at the tail end of it. Guys aren't past their prime finishing third in MVP voting ('08 KG). Ray was better in '09 than he was in '08, he didn't start noticeably declining until '10, certainly wasn't "past" his prime those first two Boston years...
I disagree both of them were absolutely past their primes. Ray was able to reinvent himself into decent option but he lost majority of his athleticism and above rim ability. KG was still amazing on defense, but once again he lost his athletic ability and shooting touch he had in his prime 00-05

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I'm glad to see you speak for everyone :mjlol:. Ray and kg were shells of themselves

I disagree both of them were absolutely past their primes. Ray was able to reinvent himself into decent option but he lost majority of his athleticism and above rim ability. KG was still amazing on defense, but once again he lost his athletic ability and shooting touch he had in his prime 00-05
shyts cap

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Boston was a super team by the old standard of the term but Bron and Wade (Wade always gets a pass but he should get just as much heat since he basically gave up once he handed the reins over) issued in a new type of superteam.

None of KG, Pierce, and Allen were considered consensus top 3 to top 5 players. They were all 30 and above as well. Age isn’t even the most important part tho. It’s there status in the NBA. You can be 30 and still be the best player in the NBA. At the time, they were not top 5 caliber players. KG was the only one who was even top 10.

Lebron and Wade were both widely regarded as top 5 players if not top 3 players in the NBA. Bosh was at worst top 15. All in there primes. It’s a clear difference

And you also have to look at the landscape of the NBA at the time. When Bron made his move, Boston had been proven to be beatable. There were no other teams with extreme amounts of talent. The intention was clear. They knew it was unprecedented. That Miami team was made to crush everyone.

Ignoring the age differences for a second, it’s like comparing a super team with KD, Lebron, and Jokic to a Superteam of Bradley Beal, Joel Embiid and Chris Paul :mjlol:. There’s a clear difference in caliber between the top groups.

Since then it’s been the craziest arms race with the deck stacking getting worse and worse.

So on one hand, yes I agree to an extent that Boston started it. But LeBron, as the budding face of the league, next in line in the GOAT convo, took it too a whole other level when realistically it was not necessary. Dude would’ve beaten Boston within the next 2 years without the drastic leap. Now KD has taken the mantle by 1 upping Bron. And they’ve been in a battle to just keep outdoing each other. Now any other star is forced to play that same game if they reasonably want to compete, which is a damn shame

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Boston was a super team by the old standard of the term but Bron and Wade (Wade always gets a pass but he should get just as much heat since he basically gave up once he handed the reins over) issued in a new type of superteam.

None of KG, Pierce, and Allen were consensus top 3 to top 5 players. They were all 30 and above as well. Age isn’t even the most important part tho. It’s there status in the NBA. You can be 30 and still be the best player in the NBA. At the time, they were not top 5 caliber players. kG was the only one who was even top 10.

Lebron and Wade were both widely regarded as top 5 players if not top 3. Bosh was at worst top 15. All in there primes. It’s a clear difference

And you also have to look at the landscape of the NBA at the time. When Bron made his move, Boston had been proven to be extremely beatable. There were no other teams with extreme amounts of talent. In intention was clear. That Miami team was made to crush everyone.

Ignoring the age differences for a second, it’s like comparing a super team with KD, Lebron, and Jokic to a Superteam of Bradley Beal, Joel Embiid and Chris Paul :mjlol:. There’s a clear difference in caliber between the top groups.

Since then it’s been the craziest arms race with the deck stacking getting worse and worse.

So one the one hand, yes I agree to an extent that Boston started it. But LeBron, as the budding face of the league, next in line in the GOAT convo, took it too a whole other level when realistically it was not necessary. Dude would’ve beaten Boston within the next 2 years without the drastic leap. Now KD has taken the mantle by 1 upping Bron. And they’ve been in a battle to just keep outdoing each other. Now any other star is forced to play that same game if they reasonably want to compete, which is a damn shame
Semantics

Who cares if Bron and Wade were “consensus top 5” players?

Both were in trash situations. The purpose is to win. So LeBron shouldn’t join Wade if he can that’s what you’re saying?

U know Chicago was also pursuing both right to put with the up and coming D-Rose, selling D-Wade a hometown return, and LeBron a chance to challenge MJ. U know this is what every front office organization would have to loved to have right?

Bron and Wade were never a natural fit they made it work the best they could. D-Wade declined as LeBron hit his peak. If was never what nikkas made it out to be.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Deep down fans don't want the players to have any control of their careers. They talk a lot of shyt about owners they don't like treating players like cattle but that's exactly what the fans want as well.

It's like imagine you were playing chess, you reading the board and see you about 2 moves away from using your queen to put the opponent in checkmate and win the game, but before you can do that the queen decides it doesn't want to go where you want it, it decides to go somewhere else. That's the feeling fans have, they feel as though the good players can just up and do what they want and their organization is never fully in control.

Sports, especially the NBA, is completely talent driven. Of course the players should have the most control.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Dude would’ve beaten Boston within the next 2 years without the drastic leap.
No he wouldn’t. It took 7 games to beat them in 2012.

Boston still had the best defense in the NBA in 2012 (98 defensive rating!). They would do the same shyt they always did to LeBron load him up with multiple defenders.

Also, why the fukk would he wait 1-2 years for something that’s not even a guarantee? For what to make who happy?

Alright so now what he does beat Boston. There’s no guarantee Cleveland has surrounded him with strong secondary options. He faces OKC and their young big 3 of KD, WB, and Harden and loses then what?

U realize this decision was also about more than playing with other guys. It was also a brand, economic decision, it was a lifestyle decision, it was a top down organizational decision. A great city, a great team culture and front office, no state taxes. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. A guy who had spent most of his life in cold, rust belt Northeast Ohio leaving for Miami in the prime of his life.

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Really the biggest complaint about basketball now is how the game is played, not where the players play. Basketball sucks because of all the 3 point shooting, not the fact that Durant, Harden, and Kyrie are all on the same team.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Really the biggest complaint about basketball now is how the game is played, not where the players play. Basketball sucks because of all the 3 point shooting, not the fact that Durant, Harden, and Kyrie are all on the same team.
Basketball sucks now because of the media and the fans.

The way the sport is covered and discussed is straight trash. Silver needs to address this monster.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
this section is a fukkin joke bruh.

folks like @Stick Up Kid @The Hon. Stringer Bell @Swagnificent @Sccit @thedevilyouknow @Low quality poster and others make these dumb ass threads every day and it’s not real basketball talk, only trolling and “I hate this player” type of shyt.

makes so damn sense that cacs on Reddit and realGM have better basketball discussion than a so called message board for black culture

THIS TRANNY LOVIN GEEK CANT KEEP MY NAME OUT HIS MOUTH

:snoop: