All Jokes Aside: LeBron Ruined the NBA: Update Stephen A Agrees

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
None of those 3 were in their primes :mjlol:
I’ll bite and what if they weren’t?

Did it stop them from racking up All-Stars, All-NBA, All-Defense, DPoY, Finals appearances as a trio in that time frame?

Did it make them any less dominant of a team?

U nikkas let all these goofy ass designations like “prime” and “top 5” get into y’all heads and don’t even talk about how teams mesh or what actually happens on the floor. Bosh missed a good chunk of the ‘12 and ‘13 championship runs yet people are in here acting like he was putting up 20/10. :mjlol:

Was Rajon Rondo not in his early to mid-20’s did he not make three straight All-Star teams from ‘09-‘12, an All-NBA team, three straight All-Defensive teams. Is he not a fringe Hall of Famer based off what he did in that timespan?

Did he not always ramp up in the playoffs? Did he not do this to the Heat? :mjlol:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Basketball sucks now because of the media and the fans.

The way the sport is covered and discussed is straight trash. Silver needs to address this monster.

We got a whole generation of NBA fans that grew up on the Skip Bayless/Stephen A. style of media coverage. Basketball discussion has devolved into being all about gossip, hot takes and stan wars. And it’s not just The Coli.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Except the cavs won 66 games that season ,were top 5 in offense and defense and went to the ecf.they didn’t suck at all they just got outplayed

the bulls were a below .500 8 seed facing the bucks,champion Celtics and runner up Celtics while goin “1-9 without pippen” you dikkriding groupies don’t even use context
They were a great team because of Lebron fool. Now you dummies wanna use context but throw it out the window when discussing Lebron. So teammates and opponent strength does matter?

That Cavs team won 66 games on the back of Lebron-- the 2010-2011 Cavs won 19 games with a roster that had the same core players as the 2009 Cavs sans Lebron. The Cavs lost against the Magic because Lebron had a legendary series and all his best teammate could provide was a putrid 37% shooting from the field. The Magic role players shot lights out from the field in comparison to the Cavs role players-- the Magic as a whole shot 40% from 3. Like I said, if that series is an indictment on Lebron then every series Jordan lost against a greater opponent is an indictment on him.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boston was a super team by the old standard of the term but Bron and Wade (Wade always gets a pass but he should get just as much heat since he basically gave up once he handed the reins over) issued in a new type of superteam.

None of KG, Pierce, and Allen were considered consensus top 3 to top 5 players. They were all 30 and above as well. Age isn’t even the most important part tho. It’s there status in the NBA. You can be 30 and still be the best player in the NBA. At the time, they were not top 5 caliber players. KG was the only one who was even top 10.

Lebron and Wade were both widely regarded as top 5 players if not top 3 players in the NBA. Bosh was at worst top 15. All in there primes. It’s a clear difference

And you also have to look at the landscape of the NBA at the time. When Bron made his move, Boston had been proven to be beatable. There were no other teams with extreme amounts of talent. The intention was clear. They knew it was unprecedented. That Miami team was made to crush everyone.

Ignoring the age differences for a second, it’s like comparing a super team with KD, Lebron, and Jokic to a Superteam of Bradley Beal, Joel Embiid and Chris Paul :mjlol:. There’s a clear difference in caliber between the top groups.

Since then it’s been the craziest arms race with the deck stacking getting worse and worse.

So on one hand, yes I agree to an extent that Boston started it. But LeBron, as the budding face of the league, next in line in the GOAT convo, took it too a whole other level when realistically it was not necessary. Dude would’ve beaten Boston within the next 2 years without the drastic leap. Now KD has taken the mantle by 1 upping Bron. And they’ve been in a battle to just keep outdoing each other. Now any other star is forced to play that same game if they reasonably want to compete, which is a damn shame

Most people agree with you. It’s the Bron Stans that play dumb. And you’re right. Cleveland would’ve got past the Celtics and won rings from 2010 to 2015 if Bron stayed around but he ran.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
To add on, the super team stuff is all about expectation and the caliber of player.

Before Lebron won a ring, everyone knew if he stayed healthy he would we a top 10 player ever at least if he stayed healthy. Same with KD. Players in that stratosphere of talent have never moved like this while they were still at there peak (nothing to do with age).

The closest things we’ve gotten to what those 2 have done in the entire history of the league was when a 31 year old, dominant, declining Wilt joined the Lakers. When 27 year old Moses Malone joined 32 year old Dr J. And when a 32 year old Oscar Robertson joined Kareem. Most of the examples are pairings of over the hill players or players who aren’t top 20 alltime

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe
Bron
Wade
Duncan
Dirk
Paul
Melo
Howard (this is debatable though)

All those guys with the exception of Dwight Howard were firmly ahead of any of the Boston “Big Three” from 2008 to 2010. You’re not really a super team if the best player on your squad is a fringe top 10 player and the other two are top 25 players.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Most people agree with you. It’s the Bron Stans that play dumb. And you’re right. Cleveland would’ve got past the Celtics and won rings from 2010 to 2015 if Bron stayed around but he ran.
I’m not even mad he left Cleveland. fukk Cleveland. I’m not even mad he team up with someone. But Wade and Bosh in a league where Kobe just won with Pau Gasol being his best teammate? It was kinda overkill. And it’s just lead to increasing overkill moves since.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not even mad he left Cleveland. fukk Cleveland. I’m not even mad he team up with someone. But Wade and Bosh in a league where Kobe just won with Pau Gasol being his best teammate? It was kinda overkill. And it’s just lead to increasing overkill moves since.

Agreed. I thought he was going to the Knicks to join up with Amare or Chicago to join up with Rose. Which I would enjoyed seeing. Especially Chicago. The ABSOLUTE LAST THING I thought he was going to do was pick another superstar top 3 player. The fact that I didn’t consider it was how outlandish it was to me. This video was probably how Kobe felt. Like damn these nikkas supposed to be competing against each other but they join up on some weak sh*t to beat him and Boston.

Edit: I still think Cleveland should’ve been considered too though. LeBron would’ve got a lot more fulfillment getting past Boston without leaving Cleveland and winning 3 rings there. He’d be a lot more happy and less insecure. But if he had to go I would’ve went with Chicago and New York....not teaming up with Wade.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OP so fukking obsessed with Bron. You have a crush, dawg?
Have you ever noticed that the majority of Lebron threads created on The Coli are CRITICAL of Lebron?
And then the people who bash him or make jokes at his expense have the nerve to turn around and claim the board is full of Lebron stans and apologists in the comments section?

I mean this seems so obvious.

I would try to find data supporting this but lord knows the coli is anti-analytics.
:skip:

McPiff

#goat
Daps
Agreed. I thought he was going to the Knicks to join up with Amare or Chicago to join up with Rose. Which I would enjoyed seeing. Especially Chicago. The ABSOLUTE LAST THING I thought he was going to do was pick another superstar top 3 player. The fact that I didn’t consider it was how outlandish it was to me. This video was probably how Kobe felt. Like damn these nikkas supposed to be competing against each other but they join up on some weak sh*t to beat him and Boston.

Edit: I still think Cleveland should’ve been considered too though. LeBron would’ve got a lot more fulfillment getting past Boston without leaving Cleveland and winning 3 rings there. He’d be a lot more happy and less insecure. But if he had to go I would’ve went with Chicago and New York....not teaming up with Wade.

How would he have gotten past Boston in Cleveland? Nobody wanted to join him there and the Fo wasn't really capable of building a good squad around him (fo refused to trade jj hickson for amare iirc)

Last edited: