All Drake Wants is To Be Accepted By The Black Community

TruDatz

All Star
Daps
And says he didn't experience racism until he got to the states, from black people no less. :mjlol:

Another lie. Y’all don’t get tired?

Drake: High Times at the YOLO Estate

At Forest Hill Collegiate Institute, a public high school in his neighborhood, Drake considered himself an outcast. "It was all white Jewish kids, and it was tough," he says. "I didn't have the worst time, but I did have a hard time. I was always the last kid to get the invite to the party." He says he's "proud to be Jewish – not on some Orthodox shyt, but I celebrate holidays with my family." Classmates, however, lobbed the word "schvartze," a Yiddish slur against blacks, at him. He transferred to Vaughan Road Academy, where he says the student body was more diverse.

@12:00 drake talks about having a hard time growing up around white people in Canada.

@12:20 he specifically says it was mostlywhite girls giving him a hard time growing up.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Another lie. Y’all don’t get tired?

Drake: High Times at the YOLO Estate

At Forest Hill Collegiate Institute, a public high school in his neighborhood, Drake considered himself an outcast. "It was all white Jewish kids, and it was tough," he says. "I didn't have the worst time, but I did have a hard time. I was always the last kid to get the invite to the party." He says he's "proud to be Jewish – not on some Orthodox shyt, but I celebrate holidays with my family." Classmates, however, lobbed the word "schvartze," a Yiddish slur against blacks, at him. He transferred to Vaughan Road Academy, where he says the student body was more diverse.

@12:00 drake talks about having a hard time growing up around white people in Canada.

@12:20 he specifically says it was mostlywhite girls giving him a hard time growing up.

CriminalBouncyHalicore-max-1mb.gif

“I always had friends from all different backgrounds, all different walks of life, we all get along,” Drake told the radio host. “I never really notice color, religion. We don’t live like that. There’s not that much segregation in Canada, especially in Toronto. It’s a cultural mosaic. You don’t ever develop hate.”

He also discussed his trouble with integrating into the American rap industry, not because of his race, but more so because of his nationality.

The first time I really experienced [racism] was when I got famous and went to America and people would challenge me like I don’t understand how it works or like, ‘Oh, you’re Canadian. You’ll never understand the Black American struggle,'” he said. “That was the first time I had ever gotten challenged. If I ever feel like an outsider it’s usually because I’m not American.”
Drake Says He Only Experienced Racism After Coming to America After Fame: 'I Never Really Notice Color'

Yeah...a BLACK MAN who didn't experience racism until he became famous and got around other black folks who lacked the privilege to even be allowed to set foot in an all jewish school in the first place.

Sorry, as a black man I can't imagine being black, not noticing color or experiencing racism until I became a grown man. That's a blessed life.

TruDatz

All Star
Daps
Yeah...a BLACK MAN who didn't experience racism until he became famous and got around other black folks who lacked the privilege to even be allowed to set foot in an all jewish school in the first place.

Sorry, as a black man I can't imagine being black, not noticing color or experiencing racism until I became a grown man. That's a blessed life.

So we not supposed to notice in that interview homeboy never said he never experienced racism? What you think them brackets for? Brackets mean the writer put in a word. So we supposed to go with that when I just posted a whole VIDEO of him talkin bout how he was ostracized in a white community BEFORE the nikka moved to a more diverse community?

:stopitslime:

Just cuz he ended up in a diverse neighborhood wit many cultures that make him proud of toronto dont mean he never experienced racism in his life. Being a grown ass man wit cognitive abilities you already know that tho. For some reason you and that hex dude hellbent on hating this nikka no matter what. Yall bend & camoflouge the truth all the time to make a point. You been doing it for years my G unchecked. To the point that this thread showing me these young cats dont know basic information about these artists they be talkin bout. How you not know Drake got a whole black family?

Oh and Guess you ain’t know about this either:
Drake Slams Coachella Country Club for 'Racial Profiling'

Drake Slams Coachella Country Club for 'Racial Profiling'

nikka is blessed but he still black. Anyone wit eyes can see
SMH
im off this

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So we not supposed to notice in that interview homeboy never said he never experienced racism? What you think them brackets for? Brackets mean the writer put in a word. So we supposed to go with that when I just posted a whole VIDEO of him talkin bout how he was ostracized in a white community BEFORE the nikka moved to a more diverse community?

:stopitslime:

Just cuz he ended up in a diverse neighborhood wit many cultures that make him proud of toronto dont mean he never experienced racism in his life. Being a grown ass man wit cognitive abilities you already know that tho. For some reason you and that hex dude hellbent on hating this nikka no matter what. Yall bend & camoflouge the truth all the time to make a point. You been doing it for years my G unchecked. To the point that this thread showing me these young cats dont know basic information about these artists they be talkin bout. How you not know Drake got a whole black family? SMH im off this

You sound perturbed :mjlol:

Be black and not notice color in your 'diverse community" while you wear a yamaka brehs. Uncheck dees nuts nikka.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5633-1390113508-0.gif

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
This is an example of Coli topics that nobody in real life talks about.
This is true, but Drake does feel a way at least based on his bars. "I guess it's not black excellence when we do it.." or whatever he said on one of those records recently.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
This is true, but Drake does feel a way at least based on his bars. "I guess it's not black excellence when we do it.." or whatever he said on one of those records recently.

I feel like that line was less about black people as a whole accepting him and more about the Roc Nation/Jay-Z "black excellence" crowd not accpeting him.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Imagine being a half Jewish black man living in the upper class of Toronto Canada and your only connection to the black community is hip hop.

Just giving another perspective
His dad being Memphis musician is a connection isn't it?