Alien: Isolation (Linux, Mac, Windows, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, 360, PS3)

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Game pisses me off!

I passed that part where there's like 5 Androids walking down the hall and finally got to the Elevator. I step out the Elevator and walk up the stairs scanning shyt to make sure no one is there. So I keep walking and I notice the scanner keeps vibrating but no one is in front or behind me which was weird but i was like fukk it :manny: then i hear some pipes making noise and all of a sudden i hear the fukking Alien behind me screaming :beli: now i have to go pass the Androids again :beli:
Yeah making excessive noise from running, or even walking (depending on the difficulty level? :manny:) draws attention to you. Plus the motion sensor's beeping also draws attention to you. Don't forget, the alien can move over above you then stop, so nothing will appear on your sensor. I also read somewhere that if you pay attention to the ceiling vents/ducts and see ooze coming out of one, then the alien is waiting for you to walk under it and :eat:

I haven't tested this though :sadcam:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Nah but I've read the SOB's are about impervious to everything.
EMP mines pointless along with the flamethrower.
So far I've taken out three regular Joes using only a wrench & 2 revolver bullets for one, leading the second to a hostile human (they killed each other) and used a stun baton and a wrench on the third.
Heard they get really out of control a little further in.
you get an achievement for killing one with the wrench only

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
One thing I don't like is how it's impossible to kill it even when you get flamethrower, shotgun and bombs. They were never that invulnerable

In James Cameron's Aliens, they weren't.
Ridley Scott's Alien which the game is based off of was an entirely different case.
These guys had two different visions.
If anything, I didn't like how they just became stereotypical, squishy aliens that go boom. Detracted from their scare factor.
The first Alien was successful because of how Scott approached it. The only thing that even remotely harmed it it was fire.
I think some people wanted action horror instead of survival horror, but if you could simply blow the head off the Alien in this game with a well placed bomb, you essentially destroy the entire essence of the game and what Creative Assembly was going for.

you get an achievement for killing one with the wrench only

The yellow raincoat Joe's?

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Yeah making excessive noise from running, or even walking (depending on the difficulty level? :manny:) draws attention to you. Plus the motion sensor's beeping also draws attention to you. Don't forget, the alien can move over above you then stop, so nothing will appear on your sensor. I also read somewhere that if you pay attention to the ceiling vents/ducts and see ooze coming out of one, then the alien is waiting for you to walk under it and :eat:

I haven't tested this though :sadcam:

That's true, especially in early missions.
I got panicked trying to avoid some humans and walked right underneath the vent.
I was reloading five seconds later.
:bryan:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
In James Cameron's Aliens, they weren't.
Ridley Scott's Alien which the game is based off of was an entirely different case.
These guys had two different visions.
If anything, I didn't like how they just became stereotypical, squishy aliens that go boom. Detracted from their scare factor.
The first Alien was successful because of how Scott approached it. The only thing that even remotely harmed it it was fire.
I think some people wanted action horror instead of survival horror, but if you could simply blow the head off the Alien in this game with a well placed bomb, you essentially destroy the entire essence of the game and what Creative Assembly was going for.
they didn't really get into it in the game, but the OG Alien also had the dilemma of having highly acidic blood. just a small cut on the facehugger ate through a few floors of the ship. that created a situation where using conventional weapons against it could really make a mess

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...pdate-adds-nightmare-novice-difficulty-modes/

Alien: Isolation Update Adds Nightmare and Novice Difficulty Modes

As part of a free update to the game on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC today, Alien: Isolation has been given two new difficulty modes — Nightmare and Novice.

For those of you who want more of a challenge, Nightmare Mode is said to be the “ultimate Alien: Isolation experience.”

Giving you a damaged display and undependable information, resources are limited even further, the map system is offline, and fellow survivors and synthetics are more dangerous. Not only that, but the AI is upgraded to be more adaptive, “learning from your tactics with chilling speed and with intensified senses that will give you no second chances…”

alienisolationnightmaremode-555x832.jpg

For those of you who don’t want much of a challenge, there’s Novice Mode, which offers up more resources and ammunition, less troublesome synthetics and fellow survivors, and a much more forgiving Alien who will be easily distracted and less aggressive.

alienisolationnovicemode-555x832.jpg

Coming from someone who beat TLOU on Grounded, I'm never touching Nightmare on this.
I'm not even messing with Hard.
:heh:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...pdate-adds-nightmare-novice-difficulty-modes/

Alien: Isolation Update Adds Nightmare and Novice Difficulty Modes

Coming from somebody who beat TLOU on Grounded, I'm never touching Nightmare on this.
I'm not even messing with Hard.
NIGHTMARE?! FOH :totheeastside: I haven't even completed my first playthrough on Hard, (At the part where I have to overload the Beta Core with all of them facehuggers and aliens :totheeastside:smile:

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
NIGHTMARE?! FOH :totheeastside: I haven't even completed my first playthrough on Hard, (At the part where I have to overload the Beta Core with all of them facehuggers and aliens :totheeastside:

They're crazy breh. :laugh:
Game was hard enough on Normal.
My first run was on Easy and even that had me
:whew:
every time I reached a save station.
On the flip side, Novice sounds boring unless you just want to hunt collectibles in relative peace.
Might give Nightmare a shot in a drunken stupor one night.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
They're crazy breh. :laugh:
Game was hard enough on Normal.
My first run was on Easy and even that had me
:whew:
every time I reached a save station.
On the flip side, Novice sounds boring unless you just want to hunt collectibles in relative peace.
Might give Nightmare a shot in a drunken stupor one night.
That's exactly what I'm going to do novice for...I was originally going to use easy do do this but now? :ehh: *selects novice*

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I didn't expect the Alien to rush you the way it does:skip:. I got to the part where you first call the tram at the station and can hear it hissing and screaming in the background. I knew despite the music that you weren't going to encounter it at that spot. The tram comes, the music and hissing predictably stops and I get on it thinking "I'm good" :jawalrus:as I'm past the invisible barrier. I look around the tram for a bit and when I turned around I see a large figure running towards me which of course is The Alien which subsequently kills me. Thing charged at me like a damn bull. Pressed X on my controller as soon as I got onto the tram the next time:mjlol:.

This game is something else with headphones :damn: . Feels like they're a million Androids though. Had about 5 or 6 chasing me at one point:damn:. Game is good so far.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
What difficult level you guys play on?

I used on Normal/Middle.

@Jazzy B.

I'm playing on Hard. It's been alright so far. I've only encountered The Alien once. The Androids are a real pain. Ran past 4 to get to a elevator, then one happens to be waiting for me inside it:snoop:.