Alien: Isolation (Linux, Mac, Windows, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, 360, PS3)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Playing this game on hard is :damn:
I'm stuck at the part where you have to escape the medical facility after the alien drops out the ceiling. Can't get anywhere without this nikka murking me. Can't even hide in a locker anymore without getting snatched up . I'm not trying to have a heart attack playing no video game man
Mvxin2f.png
that's one of the hardest parts for most people. thing is the alien stays on the ground and doesn't go back into the vent, so you have no time to 'relax'

Took me about 20 tries but what i did was throw a flash bang far down the other hall then put in the code, walk to the board to read it, turn around and go down to the 2nd floor as fast as you can. The door you want is the first A whatever with the dead guy on the floor. Hide in the locker and wait until she passes then head back upstairs

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
kgface_medium.gif

Mission 14 spoilers

A NEST?
Three Xenomorphs?
Facehuggers?
This is why black folks never find themselves in these situations. We can't deal with this shyt. :snoop:
If I had already dealt with hostile humans, rouge androids, and barbaric aliens, let me get dropped in the middle of a nest.
My heart would have given out on the spot.
10r8x0w.jpg

:dead:
yeah I knew the alien would be back but :damn:

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
I never been this hype for a scary game, can't wait until i get it :wow:.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
yeah I knew the alien would be back but :damn:

I was like
1t01ywsqfjj7ns1awhqed6lu3.380x288x111.gif
when I realized what was happening. :laugh:
The most intense portion for me, so far.
Didn't die once during the level, though.
:whew:
Also,

Not sure if it was scripted, but when I was headed back to the elevator, I heard a crazy shriek.
Turned around and the alien was making a mad dash for me.
Don't even think I'd have had enough to time to hit the controls and slam the door in his face.
That flamethrower is clutch.
:mjcry: :ohlawd:

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Just finished.

Great game.
Well worth the money spent.
I love a long campaign but they could have definitely trimmed the fat by omitting two or three of those android levels.
They screwed me at the end though. I was completing the final objective and I swear the alien teleported out of nowhere to impale me.
:pachaha:
It's all good, though.
My only gripe is the fact that it ended on a cliffhanger.
I feel like the player had went through entirely too much for them to be left hanging like that without indubitable closure.
I know Amanda is referenced in later films, but I really wanted to have a conclusive ending.
They left it open for a sequel which is cool, but when said sequel is probably 2-3 years away, this ending leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Overall, I love this. I hope we get another down the line.

Now I guess it's on to Dragon Age & Unity.
:lawd:

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Just started it this for the first time on Hard and shyt got me :damn:

:heh:
tumblr_inline_mpym8dHL0D1qz4rgp.gif

I played on Easy. Was trying to actually enjoy the game. Easy in Isolation is the equivalent of normal in most games.
I only died a handful of times, though. Four or five times to be exact.
Hard would have been too much for me from what I've read, and I completed 'The Last of Us' on Grounded difficulty.
Wonder what difficulty Survivor Mode is on, though.
Never make it past 5 minutes. The Aliens senses are heightened as all hell in comparison to Easy.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I played probably 75% of the game on hard, but there were certain parts where I just couldnt do it. The alien becomes omnipresent and is literally everywhere you turn, even if you just saw him go in the opposite direction or in a vent. Went to normal but never easy.

One thing I don't like is how it's impossible to kill it even when you get flamethrower, shotgun and bombs. They were never that invulnerable

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
They made you feel like you could put up a fight in dead space 3 and everyone hated it :camby:

This is perfect for survival horror :ufdup:
Facts...Dead space 3 is fun as hell if you want to blow shyt up...but it really departed from the premise of the first game where improvisation and conservation were key...Isolation hit the mark with the concept of making you helpless against the alien, working joes and fukkwits.

and :

After reading the reviews, I just cant understand how fukking stupid it is for a nikka to say "the game is too long", I mean WTF bruh. The longer some shyt lasts the better, as long as the story stays interesting I want games to be long. I became a fan of the Resident Evil setup of the 1st few games and I love when you have to back track and go back to doors you could not enter before, thats something that has been lost in videogames and it created some of the greatest franchises of a few gens ago (RE, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, ect). Gamers done got spoiled with this linear ass straight to the next objective ass shyt, the feeling of having no detailed map, no radar, no cursor pointing you in the right direction is something a lot of nikkas been asking for since RE fell the fukk off. I dont understand the problem.

#factualfacts